Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Elven hilt salvage rate

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Mac2, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I use to be able to get elven hilts at about 1 per 45 swords, now I have salvaged over 1000 an gotten 1 hilt. Some have high dura, I dont know what has changed but it seems near impossible to get them now.

Sara Dreygon, Elnoth and Rentier like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

lexie replied on this subject on tuesday.

Rentier likes this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yea, she said they've looked at it and that it's working as intended and that maybe someday it might get better.
    Apparently they think we should loot more...........

4. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Yeah I find it wierd that I can grind the rise all day, get half a dozen artifacts, and not one hilt from hundreds of salvaged elven estocs and konkerz

5. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I still consider things from elven things pure rumor and hearsay.

Bushmaster likes this.
  6. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I am still getting a decent amount of bow strings.

7. lishayw

lishayw Avatar

If the sword to be salvaged doesn't actually say that it has an elven hilt on it, then it is impossible to get one from salvaging it. So if you salvage 100 Elven swords and none of them had an elven hilt on them to begin with then you will get zero hilts. It's why I laugh when Rada Torment does his 1000 elven bow salvage, because I would bet that not all 1000 of the bows he collects for his little exercise have an Elven bowstring of some kind attached. It's the same principle with the Torc Dawl Weapons if the weapon doesn't have a Mossy Green Handle attached already you're not going to get one should you decide to salvage it. So instead of scrapping a bunch of random Elven weapons hoping to get a handle check them all first and only salvage the ones that have hilts instead of over inflating your expectations with a bunch of swords that don't have one and won't yield one and then getting unnecessarily disappointed thinking there's something wrong with the salvage rate and they're somehow impossible to get now. I've notice too that the weapons dropped at Superstition Canyon control point almost never have a hilt or string attached and I'm pretty sure that's by design.

8. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I've seen the same as @Mac2 with probably worse results. I actually stopped salvaging the swords because the cost of each hilt is astronomical if you factor in what you could instead sell the swords for. Why would anyone still salvage so many 100-175 'base' gold swords for such a little chance to get a very meh hilt...?

Elwyn and Ryodin Stormwind like this.
  9. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I salvaged Elven Long Bows seperated between thoose with strings listed and thoose without strings listed and salvaged an string from theese WIITHOUT strings listed.
    Insofaar does it not matter if the extended description lists strings or not, suggesting that it is the same with other salvage goods.

Elwyn, Grape-Ape, Mac2 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You SERIOUSLY need to stop spreading misinformation. Here is a video showing getting elven strings from bows that do not say they have elven strings, all from superstition canyon. The elven hilts I have gotten are from superstition canyon as well.

Aldo, moko, Barugon and 4 others like this.
  11. Jesterhead

Jesterhead Avatar

Sounds like a bug. His logic makes perfect sense. Holding control and hovering over an item should tell you any salvageable components. If so, he SERIOUSLY isn't spreading misinformation, you're accepting a current in game bug as "working as intended".

12. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

He did not claim anything, he just said as it is, you get salvage from stuff without stuff in it.
    If it is an bug or working as intended or just an feature is for the devs to declare...
    I for myself would prefer if you have a chance to get what it says it has, waay less hauling tons of bows this way....
    But I would be already way content if they fix ranged so I do not have to always go melee with my bow and my paper armor.

Mac2 likes this.
  13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Did not say its a bug or not, simply, he said you CANNOT get them from stuff without them, I proved you CAN. He is wrong in what he said, and that is called misinformation. I am making sure new players do not get fooled by this misinformation.

14. Jesterhead

Jesterhead Avatar

but... then you'll be misinforming the new players of a bug as expected behavior.

15. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I'm not sure if it's "intended" or not to yield a special weapon part it doesn't show that it already has one... but it is true that some of them show the special part listed when you hover with CTRL key pressed... and some do not.

I think @Chris needs to verify if getting these parts from salvaging weapons not showing them is intended or not.

Mac2 likes this.
  16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Truth is what is, and right now, this is what is. I did not say it was not a bug, I did not say it is always going to be this way, I just pointed out that what he said is NOT true, hence misinformation. I just proved in a video he was wrong, I showed the truth. You need to understand what the word misinforming means, it means telling people wrong information, not truth.

Grape-Ape and algumacoisaqq like this.
  17. algumacoisaqq

algumacoisaqq Avatar

Well, I did not knew that you could get stuff from items not listing the component. In the discussion above, I have to side with Mac2, this is a significative information. If you asked me before, I would have advised people to do the same as I - save only the items with components listed to salvage

Mac2 and Alley Oop like this.
  18. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

You are calling it a bug when you have no clue if it is or not yet.

Mac2 and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.