Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Selling Books and Papers off Vendors

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Aartemis, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Hi!

Can you please change the sale of books and papers on vendors to include what was actually purchased?
    Its just way too generic and I use paper and book sales to track many things.

I think right now it simply says a book was purchased.

Lace, Spoon, redfish and 2 others like this.
  2. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

You're right - it tells you book/paper and author.

Long ago this was requested and thanks for bringing it up again! I have lost a lot of time trying to assign proper sales to each author's books.

I don't think books are anywhere near a high priority right now sadly.

There are so many other things to clean up with books - like how the new default sort by time an item was placed on a vendor really hurts books sales. Easier to find things when they are in alpha order.

I better stop here... if I pull on the thread I will be making suggestions for days!

Olthadir likes this.
  3. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Because we KNOW they like options... :rolleyes: It would be nice to have a setting where the seller can choose alpha, or date for the default list type. Sometimes there is good reasons for Alpha-Order.

Vyrin likes this.
  4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Should be a default Alpha sort. Right now you have to click on ITEM to change from date to alpha. I would be willing to bet 95% would rather default was alpha rather than date order. Who cares when the item was listed for sale anyway?

Vyrin likes this.
  5. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Does this serve any vendor other than those who sell random items? For any specialty vendor it makes things more difficult for both buyer and seller.

EDIT: On the other hand, it's easy to sort by column.

Vyrin likes this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Fully agreed.
    My workaround is to have each of my work assigned a number, which coincides with the NBNN number no less, then when I price books I put the number in the price.

That way I can see from the sale amount which book was purchased.

Now this of course only work if you have a limited number of works and a high price tag on them.
    In my case that is usually 200+##, so for instance my number 12 book would cost 212. etc

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Yes, that is a good workaround... and I saw your system and considered it myself... the only problem is we sell books at a wide variety of prices (around 300+ and growing in our inventory), some of which overlap, and author's set their NBBN's differently. So I would have had to have a decoder table to figure it out. Usually I can piece it together by what is left on the vendor. In any event, the only problem is recording the sale of a particular book, not crediting a particular author with a sale. So, I decided to forego the pricing workaround.

I am being super-patient with the low priority of all things involving books.

Spoon likes this.
  8. Lace

Lace Avatar

Same with sheet music, I would much rather see the title of the sheet music than song by xxxxxxxxxx

Aartemis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.