A New Player house lot question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vsky, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vsky

Vsky Avatar

Hello all, I am new to the game and have a question about house lot and deed.

If I buy a row house lot in Central Brittany form a player, do I need a place anywhere lots deed? or I just need a row house deed to build a house in the lot?

What do I need if I want to build a home for myself in Central Brittany?

Have a nice day guys :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Central Britany needs a place anywhere Row lot deed - yes taxable or not, but have to ask why to feel as a new player you have to pay for a location in central Britany. If you have a PA Row lot dee there are 100 if not 1000s of open places all over.

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Not just Central Brittany, you need a „place anywhere“ lot deed to claim a lot in any town that is not a player-owned town.

4. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

If you speak to the NPC Town Crier (you can find them on the in game Map), he will show a list off all the lots in a town including empty ones, if you then click one it will give you a marker on your compass to follow. In my opinion unless you're looking for a lot to place a shop where you are require a very high volume of sales, I wouldnt pay for a location. I found a empty lot in Brittany alleys just by checking the Town Crier regularly - as even fairly desirable towns have empty lots come up now and again as people move or forget to renew their lot by logging in.

This is what these location sellers do in the main, take up empty lots as they become available and sell them for profit

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  5. Vsky

Vsky Avatar

Thank you for all the reply and that's help me a lot. :)

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

@Vsky
    Also, if you are looking for a lot for a store, the current momentum is toward market POTs. I think part of the reason is that so many lots in the big cities were taken at persistence by early pledges who had placement priority, and many of them apparently sat on the lots without playing the game. Then the people who actually were playing the game couldn't get any lots there, and they became like those high-rise ghost towns in China. The higher availability of POT-only lots is another reason. Perhaps many NPC city lots are being taken by alts from "whales" with 20+ accounts, but that would just mean that they collectively speculated themselves out of their land being worth speculating on! (for now... hopefully they're patient!)

Market POTs also tend to have rules that require you to keep a vendor up, to eliminate the dead lots that you see all over NPC cities.

Bie, Spoon, Shade Cido and 3 others like this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Just want to be sure:
    1. Did that player offer to sell you the lot that he claim?
    2. Did this offer come with lot deed or just the "right to claim the lot"? That means he will abandon the lot and you will have to quickly claim it with a place anywhere row lot deed or bigger. Gotta watch out for scammer/lot-ninja during the transaction.
    3. For Row lot size, it will come with the house automatically, so you don't need to obtain a row-sized house up front.

Spoon, Nikko, StarLord and 3 others like this.
  8. Vsky

Vsky Avatar

The offer is just the lot. And thank you for telling me the lot scammer case.
    By the way you can sell your lot with the lot deed + lot too?
    I better watch out :D

9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

You can‘t really sell a location with a deed attached. The person who had claimed the lot would need to unclaim it, then give the deed to you. You then need to claim the lot yourself, using the deed. If you are unlucky, someone else could claim the lot before you could. Your „business partner“ can‘t really transfer ownership of a lot to you. It is a risky transaction in my opinion.

Bie likes this.
  10. Vsky

Vsky Avatar

Thank you for all the reply again. :)

11. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

This is the reason I would be leery of the transaction. I am not sure if there is a safe way to do this. The person who does this transaction with you could technically have 3 friends waiting right there next to you, invisible (stealth), and then those friends of the seller could yank that lot JUST after you and the seller click the check boxes on the deed to money transaction. The lot is likely worth a LOT of money. No pun intended. Can Portalarium have a person present for such transactions? Is there a way to make these safer?

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think a safe lot transfer method is probably one of the things on their long to-do list.

Jaesun and Nikko like this.
  13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The 3 friends could even be standing right in front of the lot in another instance of the scene, and you wouldn't know it.

Nikko likes this.
  14. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Very good point! Sticky situation that could be exploited in a number of ways. Always dangerous, unless it is a person you've known for quite some time.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm not understanding what you're trying to do. There are many many claimable lots available in this game. Is this a particular spot that you are trying to claim? I know that some players will charge big real money sometimes for just a lot space location no deed or house included unless row lot which always has a default house included. Are you looking for a high dollar location or just knowledge to not be scammed? Why not just play the lottery and win your own deed? If location matters so much to you I am sorry. There are many nice places to live in this game once you get to know the game and some players better. Take some time don't rush it and just enjoy. I am Majoria in game if I can ever help.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Shade Cido, Bie and Nikko like this.
  16. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

lot deeds will also be dropping from mobs in a latter release so if your a new player don't rush into it and don't buy anything that doesn't show up in your in game trade window

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.