Party Adventuring

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ffred, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

My impression so far (level 50) in the online game is that some scenes in some quests (both side and mainline) and intended to be done by a party rather than solo. I.e. doing solo is either impossible or really really hard. Is that accurate?

It does kind of make sense being a multi player game and all :)

However, it does make me wonder how to go about coordinating with other players to form a party to go do something? I’ve met a few other players and everyone has been very friendly, but of course people schedules aren’t always aligned and questing priorities/interests vary.

Is there a place where players communicate about this? My only other multi player experience was World of Warcraft years ago and there was some kind of auto party builder tool where you flagged your interest in joining a party to do a certain type of thing and the tools matched players up and teleported them to the dungeon entrance. It was actually a little too easy! Why walk anywhere and see the sites if you can just teleport to the dungeon doorstep LOL. But it was nice that there was an easy way to match up interests.

Thanks for any insights anyone has.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  2. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Hey @Ffred !

One solution is being in guild. We for example are very active and helpful guild and we have Small or bigger groups doing stuff together all the time. Check out that link from my signature if You are interested :). We use both Tesmspeak and Discord for communicating.

Other way is look for group through SotA Discord channel. I font use It so I have no idea how efficient It is.

Contact me Here or in game or contact our other leader @Minerva (Minerva in game also), and You will never walk alone ;)

3. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

Congratulations on lvl 50 @Ffred

I use SotA discord when I am stuck on something I'm unable to answer / figure out and the community on there is always very helpful.

Guilds and being a member of one definitely helps but as I am sure you're used to in that other game sometimes questions or requests for help can fall on deaf ears due to peoples current activities so check out the wide selection in the guild hall and see which fits you and your gaming style. There are large active guilds and small guilds out there with both offering some great choices and many will let you join their chat channels and events without actually joining, using the 'try before you buy' approach. I've done both formats and got something from both guild types, and now stuck with preferred type, just don't be sucked by the nice website, loads of forum posts etc. it's the the in game stuff that matters where friendships are made ;)

Ffred likes this.
  4. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Some sort of sota whide tool for forming/showing interest in groups would be real good.... guilds are nice to have for that but if it is not a really big one not as much as one wishes.

Grannus solo was kinda iffy (ok i died more times than i like to remember, and i am old skool death is to be avoided)

Ffred likes this.
  5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Next Release update (R53) will have a better Looking for Group tool.

Ffred likes this.
  6. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.