Need suggestions for some hunting areas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Landor Gerrano, Apr 20, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landor Gerrano

Landor Gerrano Avatar

Hello fellow Hunters,

Im currently fight, hunting and gathering stuff in the corner of Longfall (leftside near Arerie town).
    Im able to do tier 3 areas and im getting a little tired of doing the same stuff all the time, just to get my skills up. Also i like to explore more, like today where i learn not to mess with trolls, yet.

So.. i could need some suggestions of cool areas and somewhat (worth to spend time) profitable (but dont need to be hyper farm areas).

And.. are there any enemys which drop armors? All i was getting so far are Bows, daggers, swords, hammers and axes. The only places i find armors are like chest or woodes boxes (which you can kick to destroy).

If there are threads out there, which can answer my questions, please tell me so and link them.

PS: My Avatar is mainly focused on necromancy, which limits my ablility to fight against undeads.

Thank you for any suggestions!

2. Tulmar the Barbarian

Tulmar the Barbarian Avatar

I would reccomend the area near Resolute! You can fight and hunt in some different places and there are also some quests that could capture your interest.

Landor Gerrano likes this.
  3. Lace

Lace Avatar

4. Landor Gerrano

Landor Gerrano Avatar

Thank you! Keep the suggestions coming, im writing them down.
    Anyone can tell me: is there a mob time which drops mainly armor? I know crafting seems to be the thing to go for but it can't be the only way to get amor! (useful one)

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not yet. armor will start dropping in release 53 next week

Landor Gerrano and AmbushedGamer like this.
  6. Landor Gerrano

Landor Gerrano Avatar

Thank you!

7. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

It will be a worn armor though, similar to rusty weapons, but I guess you can refine it for some leather or metals scraps.

8. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

That said, some player made goods sold to NPC merchants will have a chance of appearing in the loot tables.
    While there are some artifiacts you can find around Novia and questing that have unique stats, the best gear in the game comes from the player economy.
    Part of the magic is exploring, identifying some of your favorite merchants and those becoming go-tos for key pieces of equipment and gear (or going to SOTA Traders or browsing the forums; regarding the forums, there is one thread buried somewhere in here, where one of our community members goes to all the player shops and provides videos/write ups on their inventory. Will see if I can find it for you.

9. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Yeah, depending on which type of armor you are referring to. Anything other than ordinary armor from NPC vendor, comes as a player's crafted armor. So other player vendors and starting R53, also some player crafted + armors and weapons will be seeded into the loot tables. So it will be on all the sentient mobs, I guess.

10. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

I’ll have to check out the hunting video. Thanks

11. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

OP: Try serpent spine foothills. Unless its been changed, its a great T4 zone of melee-only humans and animals, perfect place for death magic or melee skill use/training.

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  12. Landor Gerrano

Landor Gerrano Avatar

Going to check it out. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.