Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

DR change makes plate useless.

Discussion in 'Release 53 QA Feedback Forum' started by Despothes2, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

I am wearing full epic plate with GM Deflection. Max in R52 was 110%ish. New max is 61.5%. What is the point of anyone using plate in R53 and beyond when the same DR can be had with a chain chest and some leather or cloth?

You don't want players to take 0 damage, but now a lot of spells do 0 damage to higher end monsters. If you just want to take a crap on combat every release, how about just taking it out and going full SIMs.

2. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

I wanted to follow up on this because there is more going on here than just a bug fix. The DR cap received from Deflection and Sympathy of Stone were significantly reduced, so not only is there a new hard cap, but the only people who will be able to reach it are those people with hundreds of millions of experience laying around.

I also heard the magic spells doing 0 damage to monsters is a bug, so hopefully that is true.

3. lishayw

lishayw Avatar

Yeah talk about making plate useless more so than it already is at the moment. Taunt doesn't work at all, Valiant Warden doesn't work period, Knight's grace is useless, Absorb Impacts is awful the negative is too severe and duration too short to be meaningful, and Body Slam is easily countered with the space bar and it's distance is menial at best along with a severe negative. Heavy armor needs a rework badly. You already suffer huge casting penalties by just wearing it and now with the massive nerf it's getting into worthless territory.

Chatele, FrostII, econner and 2 others like this.
  4. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I'm very dismayed to hear about this. Was there any reason given for this huge plate nerf?

Chatele, econner and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yeah, if this is accurate then I am highly concerned and dismayed.

discipleofweb, econner and By Tor like this.
  6. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

My max percentage on live is 110.5 right now, on QA build 668 it was down to 61.5% if I remember correctly.

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Ugh. This is not a good change at all.

8. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

Chris mentioned that this DR change was only a bug fix, but here are some pics of live R52 on the left, vs QA on the right. The DR cap received from both skills is cut in half, on top of the 'bug fix.'

I did a little SOTA math to figure out what I'd need to hit the hard cap, and I don't think it's even obtainable. With the skills below, I have 61.5% max on QA.

In order to get 64.5% I would need: ~120 Deflection and ~100 Sympathy of stone. 12.9 million exp total.
    In order to get 67.5% I would need: ~140 Deflection and ~120 Sympathy of stone. 87.4 million exp total.
    In order to get 70.5% I would need: ~160 Deflection and ~140 Sympathy of Stone. 588 million exp total.

I stopped at this point because the numbers were just getting ridiculously high. Unless I am missing something else that adds DR cap, the new hard cap is unobtainable.

This is silly.

[​IMG]

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They cut maximum DR across the board. The base is now 10% rather than 30%.

10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

This is horrible. On qa I cannot take a reaper with my 1063 hp bear while on prod I can. Now I know why. I would rank while the bear attacks while my fire burned the reaper. Not anymore. I go down like I was wearing cloth.

Thank you for sharing this info.

Time for another respec and either loose xp or Gold crowns.

Cordelayne, lishayw and By Tor like this.
  11. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I could've lived with the max dr being dropped .. but i can't comprehend why they'd drop the base.

Heavy armor wearers, in my opinion, were never the "best" builds to begin with. Dr was our one saving grace to other builds. Why punish them further by doing this?

12. DAKelam1

DAKelam1 Avatar

Go back and look at every release since persistence and perhaps even farther back and you will notice a trend from the developers.......in SOTA the name of the game is be a mage in leather/chain or GTFO everything that has posed a threat to this "God class" has been nerfed to hell and back ala tamers....archers....blades....polearms.....let's face it they claim to have an open system and choose any class but God forbid you play something and find a mildly competitive alternative to being a mage because it WILL get nerfed

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  13. lishayw

lishayw Avatar

Make it known at the Live stream how disappointed we all are and just not donate any money this go around. I thinks it's like DAKelam1 said if you're not a mage they don't seem to care.

Cordelayne and By Tor like this.
  14. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

this in deed is very disappointing.

Cordelayne and By Tor like this.
  15. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I am also disappointed in this change since it will make it more difficult to play the game for everyone.

Cordelayne, Chatele and By Tor like this.
  16. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Can you really obtain the same DR as full plate if you wear a chain chest and some leather/cloth? This sounds unbelievable. Can you post some pics please to prove this?

OK so I just updated QA so I could check. Wearing my regular full chainmail except for cloth gloves, my normal farm gear, I was 16 resist Max 51%. Switching to my full meteoric plate tanking set I was 20 resist Max 63%. GM deflection, GM sympathy of stone.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Jordizzle likes this.
  17. Thief

Thief Avatar

Hello everyone.

I am pro of this change! however, the physical damage values of PVE mobs has to be lowered. Nerfing without balancing will make people upset.

18. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

Maybe not exactly the same, but the difference is negligible. The sets I use had 26 DR with cloth vs 28 with plate, using a shield. About the same DA as well, 1-2 points difference. I should do the comparison with the same MWs, or maybe no MWs, but the difference isn't that big for the huge drawback of not being able to cast the left side spells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.