1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 53 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I love so many things happening in this release. The looking for group and loot roll and distribution were basics this game was sorely missing. Every release is bringing us closer and closer to having the details we need.

As always I have things missing still lists that i think are basics as in just adding a few quests a release won't constitute a steady stream of things to do in this game. It would take an achievement/task system to give reasons to visit and revisit scenes and they don't all have to be super special as long as the main questlines are and a few special side quests are. Daily tasks and achievements can give us goals to set to climb every mountain in the game, catch every type of fish, eat every type of food, and on and on. Rewards could be a point system to earning great rewards such as cotos, sometimes houses, furniture, and mounts when they come in. If the reward is there we will do it.

Please I was sad to hear quest building and creating takes so much time and true I don't know all the techy things and reasons why we can't have a task and achievement system but it drives players away who want those systems. You know me I cannot be driven away but I can tell you strongly about them lol ;) I have quest fanatics friends who quit the game. They don't care that these quests are daily repetitious things. They call them reason to play and if it is not there they don't play. One game who doesn't have a lot of the coolness that we do have has that part covered. Now if we could have just merged our games then wow is what I say. That game is Project Gorgon. The amount of tasks in that game are beyond excessive. You would never run out but they are still not Sota, but consider tasks can be lots of things to many players and rewards can make them valuable to do.

We are also missing daily fishing updates and fishing quests, fishing supplies and many types of fish, even icefishing for our frozen lakes to give us fishing adventures preparing for the world of deep sea fishing and sea monsters one day in the future. We need bait and special recipes for fishing and many types of fish. Then we can be sent all over the world to find these fish and baits to give that catch special fish. So onward and please don't forget fishing upgrades @DarkStarr and @Devs. Imagine our game having a diagram needed like this. That would be so awesome. For Sota it is now in defining the details of the systems we do have.

For every extra special thing that is done in the development of this game makes a huge difference. Now players say don't fish it's not worth it, well lets make it worth it. We have a chance to shine in lots of areas. I say go for it. As for fishing It is a core system that has been repeatedly pushed and not upgraded and why should it matter less?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And so would this:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Player Instructions : Playing the Game
    "are sent only to the Battle of Highvale and can only follow the Path of Courage."
    Isn't that outdated?

3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I read the notes, sorry if i missed it. Do we still have to gather water one bucket at a time this release?

4. Lace

Lace Avatar

When asked on QA testing it was stated by a dev that anything with the "Crafted By" tag was eligible to sell to NPCs and be included in loot bundles for players to find(aka carpentry items, sheet music etc) but the release notes say gear and weapons.

@DarkStarr can you confirm which of these is true?

Elwyn likes this.
  5. Mirjhaf Uth'Mathar

Mirjhaf Uth'Mathar Avatar

Once again, great Job.. and thx for all Port

6. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

It's time to find some new adventures!

Love the world building (design, quests, new sounds..) work you guys doing in last year.

7. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Love the new updates and all the new stuff you guys keep putting in. Keep it up :)!!

8. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Good catch! Fixed in OP!

Lace likes this.
  9. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

The most awesome PRO-FISHING post ever!! I thought out putting it in spoiler mode so as not to have to scroll through so much... but such awesomeness cannot be contained!!

majoria70 likes this.
  10. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Noticed the City Water Haunted Ship was out but not the "shipwrecked" land version. Am I missing something or did I read that wrong?

UPDATE: Added with first patch, thanks!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  11. mass

mass Avatar

Does this work yet? I tried placing a chair (Dragonbone Throne) directly behind my empty vendor, and placed my vendor as close as possible in front of the chair with no obstructions between them, and she still sits on the ground in front of the chair.

12. AvatarGG

Why is that? Is this a technical restriction? Don't you think that soldiers should only draw their weapons when needed?

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Why? Perhaps the cultural norm in New Britannia, where we Avatars are literally Outlanders, is that Guards keep their weapons Drawn as a badge of office and to show that they are ready at a moment's notice to dispatch their duty.

14. redfish

redfish Avatar

It would be better if guards carried a shield with the coat of arms of their respective city, now that the heraldry system has made its way into the game.

Rentier, Browncoat Jayson and Jaesun like this.
  15. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Congrats on the monumental effort and thanks for the changes to MW/Enchanting. @DarkStarr, just waiting to hear about ship movement/battles and "Captain" titles for ship owners. R/Boris/El Pirata

Rentier likes this.
  16. redfish

redfish Avatar

Hmm... Reminds me of exploding chests in U8: Pagan.

Jaesun and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  17. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Oh, I'm sure those are on their way. And exploding books. (Heh heh.)

18. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Are they online yet?
    Couldn't find them in add on store.
    Crown Merchants in Ardoris don't sell them.

Thank you for a short information :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  19. redfish

redfish Avatar

Maybe also skills to detect and disarm traps... ;) Lockpicking first, though.

Elwyn and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  20. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Are these going to be available in sets? (i.e., Replenishing Fountain Mega Set, Replenishing Pinwheel Mega Set, etc, to go with the Replenishing Sparklers Mega Set when those were released?)

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.