Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Heavy armour - non casting

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Almar, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almar

Almar Avatar

I wear plate and use blades - I am mostly non casting except for buffs and heals. From what I've seen so far, this patch has killed my spec.

My - previously good - resistances are shot to blazes and also, suddenly 95% of mobs in sieges are ranged.

Now, I am quite happy to chase down a few mages and archers, but with engineers now being ranged, each small camp is an utter shambles for my spec. I shall be saying 'goodbye' to sieges for now until some sanity returns. It's not as if I could kill the bosses anyway, but now I can't do the catapults.

I am not interested in a game that makes me respec every release, I could do WOW if I wanted that.

Chris, if you just want everyone to kite mobs, well done. You are going the right way about it.

From my perspective, it's utter b*llocks.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

The changes in defensive buffs were clearly too extreme. I also do NOT like almost every single thing in the sieges being ranged. Why was this changed, and why did people think it was "not right" before? I am very curious. How is having ONE type of mob in a scene good in any way?

3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yup, I couldn't agree more here. It's like Port decided to give a big F you to melee builds. NOT happy at all right now...

4. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

If their loot was anything of an indicator, the siege engineers were apparently supposed to be ranged from the start, as almost every one of the dozens I downed last night gave me a shoddy long bow in the pile of loot. This latest change was just to put them where they were supposed to be in the scheme of things from the start. My POV, if you want them to be defended by range, ADD RANGED MOBS, don't, as you have said, make everything one attack type (for the most part).

Ryodin Stormwind and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I just threw in Earth's Embrace, which I have at 86, and that did nothing noticeable at all. What the hell... I am using every defensive skill I can to help mitigate this damage, and there is just no point right now.

6. istyrl

istyrl Avatar

power farming is definitely a problem from a dev perspective, it seems we have to slow down on grinding...Fine with that if we get an incentive not to do so (more xp on group bosses?). Adding archer on sieges seems to me going into that direction, do not solo them to accumulate xp!!. With Archer , it definitely slows you down as a mage (I farm sieges with death) but definitely prevent some classes like tanks to do so. I hope i am wrong and something went wrong when implementing new stuff, but I agree, it is quite weird.

Almar likes this.
  7. Almar

Almar Avatar

I can't remember getting a weapon off engineers, maybe I loot too fast without checking.

8. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I do, especially since it was the first time since sieges were implemented that I was able to get near an engineer, much less take them down solo, so I thought it weird they were melee that dropped bows.

9. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    Even with shields it was kinda tough before. Now it just makes sieges something I won't even participate in.
    Is there any counter to archers now?

Hermetic and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  10. Almar

Almar Avatar

And may I add, with the inability to make some skill work consistently - let's think of body slam, did you fix that this patch? - melee is dead. And so is this game to me if that's the case.

Some feedback soon please Chris

Hermetic and By Tor like this.
  11. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

My tank build, which I've spent so much time on since persistence, is now useless and can't handle a handful of green creatures. This is as close to rage-quitting as I've ever come.

Oyjord Hansen and Cordelayne like this.
  12. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

+1 on this my friend. I love this game and am sure it will get fixed but as of right now I am not playing until it is changed.

Hermetic, Oyjord Hansen and By Tor like this.
  13. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
  14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

My general opnion is that the real problem is archer npc's have been op for a while, they shread me even before R53. You are right, Im not sure if I could even do a siege at adv lvl 103 right now unless I was real careful about pulling 1 or 2 at a time, not the usual huge heap of 5 mobs that jump you by the catapults (with 3 probably being archers now instead of 1 before).

I can shread 10 Rise mages in a few minutes and that one rise archer almost kills me.

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Almar and Cordelayne like this.
  16. Almar

Almar Avatar

Yep. Utter rubbish.

Make the game fun!!!

Innascual Inch, Cordelayne and By Tor like this.
  17. lishayw

lishayw Avatar

Chris gave all of his reasons although none of them were actual good ones. There was no reason for it to be above 100% but going from 100% to barely 65% geared to the nines was just further proof that Chris doesn't actually truly play this game and certainly not as a heavy armored melee. It's nigh impossible to reach his cap of 75% which he should have just allowed heavy melee to reach the cap and just left it as a hard cap instead of making it nearly impossible to reach. These are the kind of changes that make me sick to my stomach developers making changes with zero testing and no forethought as to how the community will react. How many more slaps to the face will the community tolerate before they've had enough.

18. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

This may very well be the last slap for a lot of people...myself included.

Cordelayne likes this.
  19. lishayw

lishayw Avatar

I feel like I'm right there with you. Might be time to go play the new God of War. Just bought the scroll of unlearning to Drop Shield Specialization as it's pretty much terrible at this point. The shield charge masterwork has been broken since I don't know when, and it's my primary stun. Was going to do life specialization for the Extended Purify Dot removal and as it turn's out that's broken as well, so I wasted a scroll and my time. Why can't the Developers fix the broken stuff first before they go breaking something that actually works with this DR nerf. Chris is obviously juggling all the wrong balls, needs to start juggling some that are actually pertinent.

20. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yup I'm out for now. Catching up on Westworld and the Handmaids Tale with the wife. I hear the new God of War is awesome though. I've been enjoying a new session of Stellaris as well. :D

By Tor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.