Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

more reasons to leave the game

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Gurney2, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renekon

Renekon Avatar

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

This does sort of show a secondary problem...

There were multiple ways to boost your DR by a reasonable amount.
    Some players got too much DR by pursuing all of those ways.
    Their solution nerfed every way to get DR to prevent the stacking being abused by the players taking all routes.
    So now every player that had simply invested into one option for a splash of DR now gets only a gentle misting of DR.

Those of us playing to character concepts as opposed to playing towards optimized math once again get weakened in an attempt to reign in the optimizers.

3. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I think maybe they should have gone the weighted point system route instead of percentage route. Put the falloff rate on the points. That way a person who pursues one DR skill can get a good return from it. Pursuing two would get you towards the drop-off faster, as is sensible, but going deep into them would grant vastly diminishing returns.

4. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

As a chain wearing, dual wand "mage" I feel like my ability to survive has been reduced by about 7 levels. I was at a point where I could kill reapers before my ring of fire expired. It's quite a challenge now and I died several times tonight. So it seems other things have changed as well. With the enhanced loot tables I received several dirty cloaks, cups, a pitchfork but the heart of the mountain of tonight's haul was the dirty rolling pin. I'm the last active player left in my guild and I'm wondering where this is all going.

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Apparently we need more ;)
    Seriously though, I understand the thought process behind the change, but it is just way overboard.
    Put it back to before it was broken, to the values that were FINE for what, 18 months of persistence?
    Nobody's asking for the faceroll of R52, I think most reasonable people agree it was too much.
    The current implementation is just not nearly enough.
    In Chris's blog he says how this actually helps melee vs. caster in pvp ....and yeah, for that particular scenario, sure.
    For those of us who don't pvp though, its a massive difference to survivability even against trivial content and needs a serious re think.

6. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

So the obvious choice of stopping mages wearing plate was not to increase fizzle but to nerf everyone and let those mages go back to wearing cloth?

7. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Agreed. Really, how many pvpers are there compared to the rest of us? Don't know the answer but why punish the majority to help balance out the minority?

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. "

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The whole point of the skill system in this game being what it is, is classless. Very few people are pure anything, most people are a mixed bag. Specialization was a good step toward pure builds but most people still splash in other things. That's the beauty of it. The damage resist screws everyone. As a mage wearing heavy armor, Ive gotten a lot squishier even in heavy armor. A downgrade to cloth at this point would be suicide. I mean really, why bother.

9. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

I should have completed the main quests (shroud) many releases ago. I waited for stability and bug fixes. An attempt was made to retrieve a page from the Kas Ruins tonight. What a PITA with juiced up liches, super archers and the DR adjustment on top. It should be a challenge but damn. The devs don’t swing nerf bats they play thermonuclear war. What’s the only way to win? I think I’ve figured out why cabalist archers carry rolling pins.

10. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Literally hundreds of RPG systems for handling armor and Portalarium decides to invent a new one which is inherently unbalanced and requires extensive tweaking every time folks break it.

Never change Port.

11. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

@Chris I apologize...

So after a 12+ hours with the change it's bad, but the sky has not fallen.
    Wait for it... I don't think it needs a roll back.

However, I'm tired of these knee jerk decisions to undo hours of work, complaints in QA go ignored, but it's livable.

12. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I think they should rethink the whole approach on armors

Fabric leather : Avoidance class

With high skill hardly hit by single enemies , because they work by evading hits

BUT

If multiple enemies only the hardest hits from a single enemie are avoided (because it is skill based)

Heavy armor / plate

Skill in wearing them but not in avoiding damage, the armor soaks it up so the get some damage but can with stand multiple enemies because the damage it taken by the armor not skill (skill maybe so the wearer can move better, cast some earth magic, weapon supporting skills.

Sooooo the leather armor wearer can still solo, the plate wearer tanks the crowds.

Booth types of armor can be adjusted easy (because with leather/fabric it is skills, with plate it is the armor)

And it is logical and makes sense.

And the skills should not be triggered beside maybe evasion to have that extra edge.

As it is right now it is kinda mysterious and for leather it is like paper armor anyways (i wear it to not run around nekkid...)

Nikko and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  13. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Hey everyone.
    Thank you for the feedback you have shared with us so far in this thread. We noticed that multiple threads have been opened about the same topic.
    It is difficult for us to keep track of the conversation(s) and information about the topic this way. If you have further feedback or comments, please share it in this thread.

We are not merging the threads in this case as each of them has multiple pages and the result would be too chaotic.
    Cheers.

Barugon and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.