Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Chaff Drops

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

My initial reaction to some of the new loot drops is.. love it! Though I don't know what a skeleton is doing with an old cutting board..

I like being able to find "common every day" items BUT.. this novelty will wear off very quickly due to one thing.. if you don't want to keep a rusty kettle for some reason.. it's utterly worthless.

I strongly suggest giving these items some value by making them salvageable.

Nobody wants to fill up their inventory with stuff they can neither use nor sell. Yes, technically I can sell that rusty kettle to any NPC but it weighs .5 and will only sell for 1 gold. Virtually all other types of loot are worth more than that. It's not enough to feel like you're making any kind of gain for your efforts.

Managing inventory by periodically destroying items is an annoyance but one players will have to do if they want to maximize their haul. At least as salvage it has value to crafters. It's either that or break off your trip to haul in your loot filled with useless junk to sell for pennies.. or don't pick it up at all and delay those spawns etc..

2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Agreed with this. a 2 hour run in the Rise last night netted me a back pack full of worthless stuff that made it really annoying at the end to sort my stuff out into my containers.

Ryodin Stormwind likes this.
  3. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

Yeah, I'm not sure that stuff is dropping at the intended rate. Seems ridiculous.

4. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I like getting the new stuff but I agree it needs to be either salvageable or fetch better prices.

They also need to have humanoids start dropping equipment they are actually using, not just a bit of gold and then maybe a weapon. If they carry a shield and use shield skills, they should drop a shield. If they use a sword they should drop one or they should be punching and doing less damage. I understand there is an over all "economy" but it really feels like being rewarded with disappointment when you loot some of these enemies. Especially if you are lower level and just barely able to take some of them out.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

As I did a little hunting offline I realize the scope of items found is much larger than I thought and it just doesn't make sense for some of it to be salvageable. On the other hand.. it also doesn't make any sense for mob to be carrying around a plow. So I will further suggest that some of these items only be found in crates and chests rather than on mobs.

Chatele likes this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I haven't been out fighting evil, guys. What I've really done is gone and invaded the community yard sale down the road and stolen all their dirty clothes and used housewares.

And while there's sure some novelty in getting unique looking rolling pins and cutting boards, I'm already getting stacks of these things and that was from just a few hours fighting last night. I have 23 new paintings lol, at this rate after a few days of grind I wouldn't have a single bit of wall space. And does this deco sell for anywhere near what the NPCs charge you? Of course not. If paintings sold for 500g, I wouldn't complain about looting 23 of them in 2 hours. But most of this stuff sells for 1-2 gold and quite simply isn't worth the weight.

We DO need a way to acquire deco props that isn't stealing them, but, this isn't the way. Not adding them to universal loot tables. Maybe just add this stuff to a specific zone, like, a smuggling camp or something you can go kill mobs and get deco items instead of traditional drops. Great! But the universal loot tables? At the very least, separate em out a bit so you aren't getting 40 different items from grinding one camp of mobs....

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Reminds me I also wanted to add the drop on these should probably be reduced.. but I also really like the idea of making some stuff zone/region specific.. Also we don't really need deco to drop that is already easy to find without taking a virtue hit.. ie jars, wooden mugs etc..

Ok.. to be fair.. first iteration.. ok.. and some of it is more realistic than player might think.. ie bandit carrying a mug or a spoon.. but really most deco I think needs to be found AS deco.. not as loot. Any mob camp for example could have a lot of kitchen related stuff.. bandit camps could really have a bit of everything in chests or crates. This would also really help remove the tedious loot management aspect.

8. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I don't know, if we didn't pick it up by default, how would Portalarium rub my lack of home ownership in my face when I'm not at a bank or "rented" locker?

9. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

And how many plows does one person need. LOL. I like that it drops stuff but most I have already stolen. I do like the paintings though.

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Soup ladles are both funny and lame at the same time. But to make it meaningful I want to be able to wear the soup pot as a helmet and wield the ladle as a weapon. Then we’d have something!

The good news is that the loot system is improving. Here’s to looking forward to further integration of craftered items sold to vendors appearing in the loot stream.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Something I have always liked about this game, is that when looting a corpse most every thing is useful in some way (scrap or sell to a NPC vendor). For the most part. Now we get these decoration items, which are completely useless, weigh too much and are not worth selling. It just would be nice if these were at least to a point worth carrying....

It’s just annoying to now right click delete each of these items.

Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.