Instrument buffs now useless

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kain Darkmoor, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Chris needs to actually play the game, I have been single tapping (less then one second) my instruments since they came out. There was never a time you had to be playing at least 5 seconds to get it to stick 30.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Same.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  3. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Well this didn’t happen today

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  4. Lace

Lace Avatar

Dudes and Dudettes, the instruments not working IS A BUG .... no more liar liar pants on fire .... patience grasshoppers.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Almar like this.
  5. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

I agree. There was never a time when there was a delay to play the songs.

If they do add a delay, then the artifacts are still pretty useless.

Fleet Flute - I have to walk slowly for 3 seconds playing, before I get a speed burst. If x= distance walking slowly for 3 seconds, y = distance ran with fleet flute buff for 27 seconds, z = distance ran in 30 seconds (without fleet flute buff), then if x+y < z the instrument will be useless. Regardless of the fun math, if i have to stand still or walk slowly for 3 seconds before receiving the buff of extra movement speed, then I'll just stop using the fleet flute as it would be far too annoying to do, EXCEPT in overland.

Harp of Invigoration - Again if I'm fighting a troll I can't just start playing an instrument for 3 seconds after battle starts. The troll will stomp on me and interrupt my playing of the harp. This gives combat bonuses, so it does seem like it was meant for a combat situation right? So you want me to stand still for 3 seconds in the middle of a battle in order to make use of it??? I get it we could use it before battle, but by the time I use it, then walk over to the mob, I've lost time and it's maybe I get a good 20-25 seconds of the buff use, then rest of the battle, no more instrument buff. Yes a healer could use the buff in a group, but I think most people are against forcing us to group to make use of the instruments. You are basically saying the harp has to be used in a group if you put in a delay.

Honestly it's starting to remind me of when all the str, int and dex buffs were being used and stacked 5 times each. I had to sit there and hold the button and stack everything all the time and it was annoying. In the end they changed it and only allowed 1 buff at a time, which is what I think they should do with instrument buffs. Why we are allowed to have more than 1 at a time makes no sense to me. I'm fine with just 1 buff at a time, but adding this delay is just going to make artifact instruments broken in my opinion and music is close to my heart, so you guys are really killing me here.

They could make it so 1 buff works as it does now and for a second buff to work, someone in the group needs to play it constantly. This way we could get 2 buffs, but only with a player constantly played an instrument. I'm sure this isn't a big enough nerf for them though.

6. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

Seems that the development team is transitioning towards this idea of groups toting around a player filling the role of a dedicated bard. I suppose they'd sit off on the sidelines, slinging notes to buff party members. That's going to piss off the solo players while creating undesirable party metas, which is why I think the inevitable and desirable bard skill tree should allow bards to give buffs in taverns that last as long as some consumable foods (2-4 hours). The trade-off is you have to visit the tavern and listen to the band for say 5-10 minutes. The system worked amazing in SWG. It would fit extremely well here. If you don't know what I'm talking about, research the Entertainer profession in Star Wars Galaxies.

Regardless, developers need to be careful what they do with these instruments when they fix them. Nobody wants to get pigeon holed into a pseudo class system, or required to run with group metas in order to clear content.

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
  7. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

Hoomanz an theer muzical fartifacts, cuz thatz wot they sound lik, fart. Hrrrrrrrk

8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

well, it wasn't fixed in yesterdays patch so its clear hes not changing it back.

This is insanity, there is no reason for this. Instruments are not over powered, they are a convenience at best (especially the fleet flute). Instead of fixing the issue with people macroing so they can play 4 instruments (what, one or two people??? BAN them instead of making the rest of us suffer). Walking on Novia for me is once again a pain in the buttox. There was NO need for this, Chris needs to actually sit down and play this game.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

They didnt push out the intended patches yesterday

10. Almar

Almar Avatar

Thx for the fix!

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is the Fleet Flute working now?

12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

They fixed the music? If so, I recant my previous angry (all though arguably I stand by it)

13. Almar

Almar Avatar

Yip. Fleet flute is grand now.

14. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Is there any particular spot where the Fleet Flute or Harp of Invigoration drops?

15. Almar

Almar Avatar

Not in my experience, people who have looted way more artifacts than me might have a better view though. I think I got mine off a lich, can't remember now, was months ago.

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  16. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Any dragon, and the last one in the mage room in the Rise.

Jaesun and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Embry's Harp still does nothing.

18. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Thanks for fixing! A+

majoria70 and Vermine like this.
  19. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

Just to be clear, music has been reverted to what it was previously as Chris spoke about. Chris just had wrong what it used to be. It never had a delay, however an instrument will not reset the 30 second timer anymore. This means you must wait until the buff has been cleared, before you can receive the buff again. Before they reverted it, someone could just keep using the instrument and resetting the timer on the buff to 30 seconds while the buff was still active.

The difference is you have to keep an eye on your buff to know when it has ended, instead of just spamming the instrument and keeping the buff going always.

20. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

Actually I don't remember 100%, but I know at some point the buff allowed spamming to keep it going. It may have just been a bug. Anyway, music is reverted for now, but Chris had talked about nerfing it, so we'll have to see if any other changes happen in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.