Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Party instance matching not working

Discussion in 'Multiplayer, Social, & Guilds' started by Jack SinAssist, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

4/27/2018 12:00 PM
    Title: party instance matching not working
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Partied with Laz and we are both on 765 and can not get into the same instance
    Steps to Reproduce: party up, patch, then make several feeble attempts to get into the same instance.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 32613
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU RAM: 4053
    SotA.Win.64.765.Date.04.27.18
    Area: OwlsHead
    Area Display Name: Owl's Head
    Loc: (40.0, 86.4, 291.8)
    Debug: T3dsc0hlYWR8fCgzOS45OSwgODYuMzg4LCAyOTEuODIxKXwoMCwgMC45ODUsIDAsIDAuMTczKXwtNzIxLjMyMjl8MTUuNzMyNzl8MTg=

2. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

Teleporting, logging in and out, zoning into a basement didn't work.

3. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

recalling finally worked.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I'm assuming you guys were both in the same mode and this was in Owl's Head.
    @Jack SinAssist
    I'm not able to repro, but if you find a pattern or some common thread to this happening please let us know.

5. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

[QUOTE="Details: Partied with Laz and we are both on 765 and can not get into the same instance
    Steps to Reproduce: party up, patch, then make several feeble attempts to get into the same instance.
    [/QUOTE]
    If anyone sees the occurring a second time, please repost. Note the time that it happened so we can review the logs. Also note the players involved, and the scene where your were wanting to meet up.

EDIT: After some review of the logs, it appears that you were in fact going to same instance all along. The next possibility is that there is/was some sort of visibility issue causing you to not see each other.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I think this was a result of the party member involved ..there's a reason they call him Lazarus "Technical Difficulties" Long .. :)

7. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

Same thing happened again today. In order to get into the same instance, I had to recall to my lot in OH. We were both on 770. Initially I had 5 people in my instance, 3 of them were not friends. Laz had two people in his instance (himself and Griffler).
    [​IMG]
    Griffler teleported out before I took this next screenshot:
    [​IMG]

8. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

3 things are needed to ensure being in the same instance as another player:
    1) Join a party with that player,
    2) Both players must be on the same revision of the client, and
    3) Both players must be using the same match-making mode.

Jack, in this case the logs show that you joined a party just before using the recall scroll. It's likely that your joining the party was the 3rd tumbler in the sequence that allowed you to meet up with Laz. It is possible to meet up with other players without all of the prerequisites. But when you find yourself in a different instance, ensure that you've followed those 3 steps and you'll end up together. Hope this helps.

Rentier likes this.
  9. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

This is town that we were in and not an adventuring scene. The issues we are having shouldn't require me to jump through several hoops to figure it out. The instances were nowhere near maxed out - the instance I was originally in had 6 (5 others and myself) people total and Laz's instance had two people. We are also in the same guild, were in the same game mode, and on the same patch revision.
    If we were not on discord together, then we would have not been able to "see" each other so quickly.This is a new problem that we are experiencing and I think there is something else going on.

10. Lexie

We don't expect you guys to figure it out, but often times it is all in the little details. We have to make sure we cover everything via process of elimination. Otherwise it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

You state that this is a new problem but I can't tell if this only happened once or if this has happened again? We would like more details if you happen to come across them. We'll keep an eye out on it as well, of course.

11. Lexie

This is more for others, but has anyone else experienced this problem? I haven't seen any other reports just yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.