Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Health Bug - Earth Skills

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Beaumaris, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

4/27/2018 7:41 PM
    Title: Health Bug - Earth Skills
    Reproduction Rate: Ongoing for at least five releases now (see past bug reports, same issue again in R53)
    Blocker? Yes, requires exiting scene (blocking further exploration in a dungeon for example) to recover
    Details: Cast strength of earth, shield of crystal, torpid. Eventually as some combination of those wears off and is recast the health bar stops filling up. I was able to buff health to 922, but the health bar eventually was displaying 465/522, with a third or more of the bar just empty. Compounding it, the total health that fills the bar gets capped lower and lower until its difficult to continue without exiting a scene. Happened this time in the Rise fighting elves, etc. Previously it was Bears in Ulfheim. Its not scene or mob specific.
    Steps to Reproduce: See above.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32692
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X GPU RAM: 12244
    SotA.Win.64.765.Date.04.27.18
    Area: The Rise
    Area Display Name: The Rise
    Loc: (43.4, 40.0, 104.1)
    Debug: VGhlIFJpc2V8fCg0My4zNTIsIDQwLjAwNywgMTA0LjEzNCl8KDAsIDAuMDIxLCAwLCAxKXwyLjQzNTc0NnwxNS41MTYwNXwzLjU2NjE4MQ==

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  2. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I have seen this for multiple releases, I thought it was related to shield of crystal but I use the others too, I always see this adventuring for long periods using these skills.

Waldo Ptolomy

Chatele likes this.
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Clipped video of what is leading UP to this bug first triggering may help indicate how we can repro this. Unfortunately the information we're getting through bug reports has not been enough for us to get to the bottom of it. I'm afraid that's still the case. We know of it, but knowing it exists is only half the battle :(
    @Beaurmis

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

If someone does have video, knowing that marker where it first starts in the scene would be great. I'm not concerned on the video length because we can work backwards, going back all the way to where the avatar first entered the scene.

5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Beaumaris , @Lexie, there is an easy workaround for the bug, get naked. I take off all my armor with a deck that doesn't have armor in it. Then I switch back to my normal deck. This brings me back to full health, including all the buffs I had previous to removing the armor. So if I have strength of earth, inner strength, and other buffs up, they are used to calculate my total and current health. In other words my health is back to the max. I no longer exit and re-enter scenes. I just find me a quiet little place and switch decks.

From that point I am still likely to run into the health bug at a later time. With what i've been fighting I keep strength of earth up every time, and I'll cast shield of crystal and inner strength every few minutes when they come off. There's usually some other stuff being cast as well: healing grace and sometimes douse. Sooner or later something will trigger the bug and I'll just swap decks and keep on going, it having to leave the scene until I want to leave.

Chatele and Aldo like this.
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

@Lexie

If y’all have never seen this bug internally I have two suggestions.

1. Portalarium should put a ‘call to streamers’ at the top of the forums asking them to share examples with you of this bug occurring. I just saw a streamer post last week that they had documented this bug many times in video streams.

2. Consider having someone playing for longer periods of time using earth skills. This bug happens to me typically 30 to 60 minutes into a session and is not predictablle. Sometimes it can take longer, but once it starts it has a tendency to continue.

As another poster in R52 bug forums said, it doesn’t appear to be anything happening in the environment, it feels more related to math around buffs and attunements, with the capping and health decline happening as buffs are cast, expire, and are recast. Others have posted that they see it using skills other than earth., so it feels like an underlying math issue vs a specific skill issue.

Cheers

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Chatele likes this.
  7. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Does this mean that this is actually an equipment stats/buff bug causing the health capping and decline?

8. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I have a 13 minute video I collected via GeForce Experience it showed my health dropping 1 then 2 points below the maximum and unable to be healed. I need to go through it. I am not sure I can not the time it happened because I was taking damage fighting and it was healing, but I did not verify it would not heal up till I stopped and cast healing spells to restore it. I will find the time It happened. Build was 773 dated May 1 2018. I will get the other information for you on this. Might take aa week, life outside the game is very busy. The video is an MP4 file. I have to figure out how to upload it somewhere for you guys to get it. Perhaps you might send me the info on where to upload it.

Regards
    Waldo Ptolomy

9. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

I used to get this issue quite often and I was only using the STR buff, not shield of crystal. Since only one stat buff can be used I no longer cast STR buff, just INT and I don’t experience this issue normally.

I have experienced this recently but only as the result of my friendly earth mage putting STR buff on me so I can teleport with silly amount of weight.

10. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

• at 26min 33s in the following video: link #1
    • at 34min 02s in the following video: link #2
    • at 31min 32s in the following video: link #3
    • at 27min 27s in the following video: link #4

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Chatele likes this.
  11. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

Guess I don't need to figure how to upload the video.

12. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

@bdonham I highly do recommend uploading your video. You could create an account to Youtube for uploading your video to Youtube. Or if that is too much effort, feel free to PM me for other options.

13. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I have posted a Youtube video linked below that shows the loss of health bug It becomes obvious at 9:14 that I lost 1 point of health that did not heal. The video is:

sorry for the delay in getting this uploaded. Took a while to figure out how to capture it, and upload took forever...

Regards
    Waldo Ptolomy

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  14. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Just had the health bug occur after using Shield of Crystal. Casting Strength of Earth didn't cause the health bug.

bdonham and Chatele like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.