Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

/oldprospector

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

The emote is teachable so you will be able to learn it from other players and we did warn everyone in the patch notes on the limited availability of the emote. We apologize if some people find that frustrating but we want the game to feel dynamic and this is an example of that dynamism.

2. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

The probem are those who are not able to play every day (a lot in this game), but I understand what you are saying. Thank you for quick response.

Daigoji Gai, Jack Knyfe and Rinaldi like this.
  3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I caught the release instructions note that said "only a few days" and took that literally. I went and got this quest done on the first day of the release.

I like that the Devs are trying to add more dynamic features to the game and think this will help create more "rares" for those who get the opportunity. I would even prefer if things like this were not teachable so the rarity factor is a permanent thing...

However, I think that 1 week was too short of a period to give people a chance to get it before it was removed.

I'd suggest at least 2 full weeks or perhaps even a full release period on future things like this so that people have ample time to finish them.

Rinaldi likes this.
  4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all and @DarkStarr. So R53 release on Thursday, lots of new content, many things to do and try. People prioritize differently but personally I fell less than week was not enough time to get to the emote. Also when things go on limited time sale or double XP they usually last at least a week. Anyway... if someone can please teach me the emote I would be very grateful.

Baratan, Daigoji Gai and Rada Torment like this.
  5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I'll be happy to teach it to you Patrick. I'm in game right now, so TP to Daxxe Diggler and find me in the crafting building in VO (run straight through the path between all the devotionals).

Rinaldi likes this.
  6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Daxxe Diggler, thank you for the offer. I am not in game right now. Heading out to dinner (it is 7:30 pm where I am stationed) Can I pm you when I am back in and you are also on? Thank you again for this.

7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

No one go on vacation anymore. you may miss something. ;)

Baratan, Daigoji Gai and Elwyn like this.
  8. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

For a dynamic experience, I would love to see this prospector show up periodically in or around all of the mines (or perhaps a random overworld encounter near mines). He would give the quest to the player. The player goes to find the lost item in Tenebris Harbor. Then, the player has to encounter the prospector again (in or around a mine) to complete the quest and get the emote.

The quest would be far more challenging, would feel more immersive, and would encourage players to visit several zones.
    If you wanted to make the emote even more difficult to get, then you could have the prospector only appear for 1 month a year (like the death bunny), or he could appear at specific times (maybe the prospector feels his luck would be better if he was prospecting when a planet was passing through the assay "scale" constellation).

That is the kind of dynamics I would prefer (if development resources and priorities could accommodate such a request).

I am another one who is on vacation & without a gaming rig. I missed getting this emote quest (but will get the emote from another player) and will miss the entire 2 week xp boost.
    Bummer :oops:

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Gia2, Baratan, Daigoji Gai and 3 others like this.
  9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

:(

10. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

If you're going to do a limited-time reward that is gone forever, it needs to be from a major event in the game with a reasonable timeframe (two weeks or a month would be reasonable, bonus if it's timed to end before the next month's release) with the full PR machine behind it. It should culminate with some kind of endgame for the event and get the biggest traction within the community. You most definitely want to avoid feelings of being left out because they can't log in for four or eight hours every day. Five days might seem like eons to Portalarium, who eats, drinks and sleeps SotA, but for many of us, it's merely a diversion during our regular work week, with real-life and kids' events and such.

Otherwise, it's a waste of developer resources (or as you guys like to say, OUR MONEY) for so little in return.

11. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Sure thing. Any time you see me on, feel free to whisper me or just pop over to me and ask for that emote.

12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

13. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I wanted to do it, but walking into the house with 5-6 bandits in it was just not possible for me. I'll have to learn it from someone else, even tho that removes any sense of accomplishment for it.

Limited time is fine for things that have limited application (the fires, for example; no effect on gameplay). For chase items, like deco or emotes, limited time needs to be long enough for someone to be able to achieve it; even if I can survive in tier 5 scenes, theres no way I could get strong enough to do Tenebris in 5 days. I might have been able to do it before R54, which is what I thought you meant by limited. This was the same "limited" wording used for the fires, which in Quel Shardfall took an entire release to burn out.

Xebulante and Mishikal like this.
  14. Roper

Roper Avatar

Too short. Simply too short. I am with Rada on this! @Rada - Thanks!

Mishikal, Rada Torment and Xebulante like this.
  15. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I <3 rares

I am in full support of the dynamism. I like that I have to seek one of you "teachers" out to teach me this emote.

Verit likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It took me until the DS dance party on Friday to finally get /starrlton.

Jaesun and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  17. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I'd love to learn the dance if anyone would teach it. Will be on after 7pm PST/9CST tonight!

18. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Not keen on this type of ‘dynamic’. Five days, well, some of us travel for work for a living. Or have major life events come up. Requiring the player base to be online in very short time windows to ‘not miss content’ doesn’t feel like a great plan. Dynamic to me means something that suggests the world is evolving ... that I can experience ... when I play. Dynamic is not vanishing content that came and went before I could log on. I appreciate that emotes are shareable, but now wonder what other content will be handled like this if this is SOTAs approach to dynamic.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Rada Torment and Mishikal like this.
  19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Agreed. I missed nearly all of R52 because I had to be out of town for 3 weeks. So the double XP in that release was worthless to me. Glad they brought it back for R53.

Rada Torment likes this.
  20. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Might be better to give people a little more time for something like this.

Rada Torment likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.