Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Not a fan of loot change.

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Despothes2, May 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Just think about the drag on the game it produces as people place those deco's everywhere to. I just dropped a good 25+ items alone in my inn.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

Works great until you get slower respawns because you left that spoon worth 1 gold on the corpse.

How do items worth 1 gold give a significant boost to ANYONE? Inventory management is a huge time sink, and with all the deco crap I'll be pouring even more of my time into it. I'm not arguing about the rusty/worn armor they added, just the stuff that is worthless. If they added some new exclusive deco that there was a market for, that would be cool, but they didn't do that. They added CRAP you can pick up for free off a shelf in any town.

I can see how this is very exciting for the people who kill maybe 1 monster a month to get a rusty spoon and a cutting board from their monthly kobold, but for everyone else grinding experience on the daily basis, this is just a secondary grind. The get all the crap out of your inventory grind.

Katu, Vermine, Sakray and 4 others like this.
  3. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

Funny enough, the stuff you highlighted isn't what I am talking about, but that digging shovel is. Multiply that by a hundred random craps like bottles, candles, plates, etc., and your inventory will be full pretty quick of stuff that isn't worth anything to anyone.

Also looks like Blood River outskirts has the highest gold drops in the game, higher than dragons, trolls, etc. Just lol.

I don't want to play Inventory Management Simulator 12000.

4. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

I was there a few days ago and I saw the same exact thing. I was wondering if it was because of the new release or if it had always been that way. I'm glad someone else confirmed the amount is rather high compared to other places. :)

5. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

You could also take an Obsidian potion to up your carry weight as well. Don't forget, also, certain vendors give better prices for specific categories of items. For example, the alchemist in Desolis gives top dollar for potions. I make a lot of money on just those. Those prices do exist, for the most part, we just have find who buys them.

6. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Huge time sink? Okay Sorry about your 3o seconds to select them all and hit delete. Like I said, it's not that serious. A lot of that stuff is great for people starting out as the gold adds up. I can tell you... just selecting all that stuff at a vendor and dropping is 100 to 500 gold extra which can turn a run that used to earn maybe 500g into 1000g or double your money. May not mean much to you, but people starting out need that money.

Also, stealing stuff off of shelves affects your virtue... again may not mean much to you... but some people don't want their virtue affected for stealing stuff, and now they are getting it for free. I'm doing the same things you are with the crap... but I guess I just drink less coffee...

7. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I think this is more an inventory UI issue. I'd like all my recently looted items kept separate in inventory until I move them. When I got to town and sell / bank stuff it takes a while to sort the junk out of what I want to carry.

I'd also like it to be more natural to who I'm looting.

Baratan and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

That is true... for a virtual collector medieval sims... the level of inventory customisation/functionality is aberrant.

Where are my trapped pouches to escape paralyze... where is paralyze ?!

Where are my trapped boxes to deter thieves... why can't I notice thieves snoop me and have a chance to catch them in the act ? Were is snoop ? Why can a thief steal 100+ tungsten from my backpack, it took me hours to mine that much and its heavy, yet a thief just stole 1 third of my weight and somehow I didn't notice him ?... etc... etc... etc...

This is kind of essential, its not feature creep... its part of the core of what people always thought fun. ESPECIALLY since you just removed bag mode before it was even functional and could be appreciated, you should allow us to make our own tabs, reagents, potions... etc... its a mess and it irritates me every single time I have to scroll or enter a search for my repair kit when I'm a walking bazaar, especially after the loot changes !

Why can't I even right click on my armor and say use repair kit ?!

saavy ?

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

...but getting a 50 max-dura item is still a big improvement. If the first number is low, i can use a repair kit or two to get a better price. Even better is how a month or three ago we started getting a lot of drops like bandit or heavy with 90/100 or better dura most of the time.

As for the "junk", I have already been throwing out my old no-value deco. This keeps me from wanting to steal scene deco. And if you don't want them, just find a nearby public chest to drop them in.

About the only real complaint I have had is there is an item called "Painting", nothing else... which isn't deco!

Now that is a good idea. Sure, you can click on the "consumables" tab to repair an equipped item, but just try doing that when the item is in your inventory window and you have 30 Shoddy Short Bows in between so they're not on the screen at the same time. I can sometimes use creative name filtering, but it's a pain in the ass.

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Tag_Match
    I'll check and add that one when I get a chance. Note that nobody has yet found one for carpentry materials or borers.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  10. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

I have found among the junk which you can sell or delete there are some interesting items like paintings still waiting to get a rug recipe Coto or loot deed though.
    just remember not all crystals become precious gems and one mans junk is another man's treasure.

11. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Sort inventory by most recent imo

curt, Roycestein Kaelstrom and Elwyn like this.
  12. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

13. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Someone has mentioned a spam filter for loot. To me that speaks volumes.

While I can appreciate the realism of the loot and what humanoids would actually be carrying (especially thugs) being mostly garbage. I can also certainly agree that the redundancy and tediousness of getting rid of the useless items filling up your bag is very annoying for anyone who has established a farming routine. I'm one of the latter.

However, when i was a younger avatar I think I would have certainly appreciated anything extra I could get. So my idea for this situation is to add a small gold increase to the super annoying items (like spoons etc.) that literally sell for 0-1 gold to 3-5 gold and make them primarily drop on humanoids tier 3 and lower. Tier 4-6 thugs drop a different tier of loot which is a little better and less annoying and the occasional artifact (because they're strong and pilfer the better stuff from the weak). Tier 6 and up is when you start getting into regular artifact drops and other special gear.

I don't feel like the loot table is very far off from that right now. But please find a way to limit the junk loots a little more to the lower level mobs.

<3

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  14. Edison Charger

Edison Charger Avatar

Love the new loot!!!!!

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I have 52 plows... anyone need a plow?

Cordelayne, Jaesun, Solazur and 2 others like this.
  16. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

its called '' Looting so the mobs respawn?''

17. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Do you want a plow...? I have spare plows...

Jaesun, Mac2 and Solazur like this.
  18. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Tank Farmer?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  19. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Tank MAGE Farmer. Clearly.

Sara Dreygon and Solazur like this.
  20. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I'll give you two pitchforks for one plow.

But don't expect to use the pitchforks in a fight. Those are only decorative.

^^

Personaly, I have no issue with the new loot. You don't want it ? Don't take it ? Loot should not affect the respawn through. Actually, it should be the opposite : corpse with remaining loot should be an incentive for new respawns.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Matt Harris and Sara Dreygon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.