Do quest items break?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tc91101, May 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

I got the bonesteel crown, heart of sorrows, Scepter of dead, and Shroud of the Avatar. - Does their regular durability and max durability decrease? Do they have to be repaired with COTO's? Is there a max major repair for them?

Also, I've picked up a few other quest items like the leather helm of love and cotton cloth hood of truth. Same quests - Does their regular durability and max durability decrease? Do they have to be repaired with COTO's? Is there a max major repair for them?

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Overall there is no hard max repair (you get decreasing regeneration of dur and max dur for each repair (I think one dev did talk about it, but it was a long time ago...)

and

AFAIK they are shown as artefacts (not sure about the Shroud - I don't have one) and need essence to be repaired (you get essence when salvaging artefacts)

all other items, if in description it doesn't say artefact, you can use COTO'S for repair

3. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Regular yes, max durability no. They can be repaired with repair kits.

The only way you could lose them is by doing the quest reset, but then you can get them back again.

Nog likes this.
  4. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

What about The Virtue armor set? It doesn't say Quest on any of them.

Nog likes this.
  5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Shroud just uses Tailor Repair Kits to be repaired. Not sure why it would lose durability, but it does not lose Max Durability.

6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Unless they've changed it recently, virtue armor can lose max durability just like most gear.

gtesser likes this.
  7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I find this weird, as these items are from non-repeatable quests. I wonder if those items would ever break and if so, could you at that point redo the quests to get them?

gtesser, Rentier and discipleofweb like this.
  8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I'm not sure, but virtue armor has pretty good stats. My guess is that they were probably reluctant to allow people to make full suits of decent gear that never wears out.

9. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

I agree with you. They are quest items after all.

10. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I could understand if the quests were repeatable. They could even put a tag on your account that determines if you already have one, and if so, you can't redo the quest. Also, they could make them non-transferable. The virtue armor is ok, imo, but doesn't compare to crafted gear. The Shroud of the Avatar is the only item that a player can't craft better, or at all for that matter. Yeah I could get +10 INT on a hood, but I already have 5.9 on mine, along with other attributes. So, I would get a 4INT boost, but would have to give up other attributes to use it; things like Spell Critical Chance, .8 Focus Regen, Dex Bonus, Str Bonus, Damage Avoidance bonus, Movement Speed Bonus,etc. At that point, the only reason to use the Virtue Armor is to max out my INT to do more damage. The Cabalist Hoods are way better, but you aren't limited to one of those. They lose Durability and can be destroyed.

I'm wondering, does Virtue Armor gives a bonus for having a full suit? Anyway, as I said, I would hope they aren't destroyable, or that the quests are allowed to be redone if an item breaks.

11. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Quick question on the subject. If I salvage my Helmet of Love, for example, will I get a pattern?

12. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Unless they changed all that Virtue Gear to non-quest items, you shouldn't be able to salvage it at all.

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

No.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.