Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Boats & Wagons to Nowhere

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Sonja, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

It doesn't make much sense that boats and wagons only travel to nearby towns that can be walked to in seconds, boats and wagons should be for trips to towns that are far away, maybe for a small fee.

[For boats and wagons to travel longer distances they don't need to stop any current function]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

When you're over encumbered taking either can save long walks on the overworld.

Sonja, Olthadir and CrandalltheFoole like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The Venetians disagree.

Sonja and Jaesun like this.
  4. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

saving at loading screens.

Sonja and CrandalltheFoole like this.
  5. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Both are actually fairly useful for bypassing sieges on towns. You can enter a nearby city not under siege and travel around them.

6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Sonja, I understand you comment about transports that are to places that are close by but the transports are also for towns on islands, other continents, or nested towns that are not on the over world map. The tech is already in the game so why not use it. You are still welcome to just walk there... if you can get there.

Sonja likes this.
  7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I would like to see a drop down list of locations that are accessible in the current region and you can travel to them in an automated fallout one kind of fashion, but you get to watch the wagon trondle down the paths on the overworld map like watching a model railway display. How cool would that be!

Sonja, Alley Oop and Hurricane like this.
  8. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Not cool because loadingscreens again

Sonja likes this.
  9. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

[​IMG]

I think my feedback is misunderstood. I'm not suggesting that boats and wagons that only travel nextdoor have no usefulness at all, only that the main purpose of boats and wagons is traveling long distances, which they don't in Shroud of the Avatar with the rare exception of the boat between Hidden Vale and Novia. Mainly my feedback is in regard to player owned towns being limited to having wagons and boats that only travel to towns nextdoor. Wagons and boats would be more realistic and useful if they could travel to distant towns. Maybe there could be at least one distant traveling boat or wagon per player owned town to establish a connection or trade route between sister cities that are far apart. Or, maybe they could travel at least two or three towns away, rather than only nextdoor?

Yes, transporting heavy loads over short distances is a good use, but not the main purpose of vehicles.
    Funny, but even the Venetians don't take boats to get nextdoor.
    This is workaround for a technical issue and doesn't have to go away simply because vehicles travel further.
    This is a cool trick I had not realized, and sounds useful for avoiding sieges, but is not the main purpose of vehicles.
    For boats and wagons to travel longer distances they don't need to stop traveling shorter ones also, they can do both.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Kain Darkmoor and craftymethod like this.
  10. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

There is a loading screen to the overworld anyway, so either manual movement or automated along paths won't be any different loading screen wise.

Sonja likes this.
  11. Tad Murakami

Tad Murakami Avatar

I see the point for Sonja's comment. At this moment, the interconnection between POT seems limited to be only very short range.

I simply hope if we can extend this distance bit longer so it would be more convenient for nested POT to have direct access method to other nearby POTs.

Sonja, Cordelayne and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And also if the loading screens had animations of us actually being on a boat,. It could definitely feel more like a boat ride as wow does on their boat travel.

Also in entering basements it does not feel like you are entering a basement. It is the same dead picture showing no aliveness to our load screens. Look at starwars the old Republic their load screens show you traveling to a destination and even arriving at the correct location. I know those are AAA title example on high budgets but as examples;)

Tad Murakami and Sonja like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.