Soltown catacombs question

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ffred, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

After battling my way through the hordes I found a “venerable elf”. He didn’t seem to be attacking me, so I tried to talk to him. But I forgot to sheath my weapons and ended up killing the elf.

Does anyone know if the elf would have had something interesting / important to say?

Thanks much for any insights anyone has.

2. Womby

Womby Avatar

I too killed the venerable elf, and wondered if he had anything of important to say. Perhaps there is a lesson for us there.

Ffred likes this.
  3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I believe this is Solania Catacombs - and it’s part of a quest.

Ffred likes this.
  4. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Ah - right, it was in Solania catacombs.

I don’t have that quest. Do you know if I’ll still be able to do that quest now that I’ve killed the elf? He seems to repent but was hostile to me after he did.

5. Echondas

I think so - I believe it is for one of the pieces of virtue armor - go back later / tomorrow (in a fresh scene instance) without attacking him or having anything damaging like immolation on you - and try talking to him. He won’t give you the key though until to have the quest active (or perhaps have it on his loot if you kill him,.)

I forget which piece it was for - if you want spoilers or hints I can search for info in my game logs tomorrow :)

Ffred likes this.
  6. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Ok, thanks! No further hints needed but that’s for the offer to dig some up.

Echondas likes this.
  7. TomoeGozen

TomoeGozen Avatar

Where do you get the quest for this from?

8. Echondas

Have you been to Ardoris and done the black arrow quest ? Have you talked to Simone ?

9. TomoeGozen

TomoeGozen Avatar

None, but will head there now thanks

10. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

*More is coming to the Soltown Catacombs (and other places). Just sayin'.
    [​IMG] *No, not R53.

11. TomoeGozen

TomoeGozen Avatar

Ok, did the Black arrow quest, still trying to get key from the Venerable Elf to enter the storage room. How do I get the key from him?

12. Echondas

@TomoeGozen Talk to simone
    • One Leg at a Time: Simone in Ardoris recently lost her daughter, a victim of a black arrow shot by a murderer. In her grief, she misplaced her late daughter’s favorite book. It’s up to you to recover that book (and gain Leather Leggings of Love along the way!).

13. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

So if we did that quest months ago, how do we get the leggings now?

14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that quest wasn't put in until the leggings were. it's a second stage.

15. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Ok, I was thinking just the black arrow quest. Guess I need to go talk to Simone.

16. TomoeGozen

TomoeGozen Avatar

Am at Simone's she wants to have me help merchant in some mines. Am I missing a key word to deal with quest in Soltown catacombs for the Venerable Elf Key issue?

17. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Klick keyword "help" and she should ask you for a favor ...

Simone accidentally shipped her daughter’s favorite book to the Solania Merchantile Meriweather.
    This book meant so much to hear and she wants us to return Scarlett’s book to her.

Next station:
    Solania – Virtue Armor Quests
    Near the docks are all stores of Solania.

[Virtue Armor Quest – Leather Leggings of Love]
    Meet Merryweather in her store and explain about Simone’s mistake.
    Unfortunately she tells the freight was stolen.

Follow the thieves into the Solania Catacombs, NW of Solania. There you will find the package from Merryweather.
    The Elf hands you a key to enter the room to get the package back ;)

Don't forget to meet SADA, the old woman in the Solania Crafting Building upstairs!
    She also has a virtue armor quest ;)

Jaesun likes this.
  18. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I got helmet chest and leggings, I think theese quests are nicely done
    for the glooves and boots from random encounters, I am not working on that, I did well over 1k road encounters of all types all over Novia and never had anything but once an dragon who one shot me (several times until i was able to run of the map) so well, forget about it.

19. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Dont't give up, @Pounce :)

1. Boots/Grieves: For ALL VIRTUES: It starts with a quest and you have to bring the materials to Preben in South Majestic Forest who can craft all virtue boots!
    LEATHER Greaves: In South Drachvald Spur you can meet a mentor with her squires. A special Leather is needed and of course you also receive one as reward.
    PLATE Greaves: The blacksmith in Yew asks for a favor, after his ingot shipment was stolen. If you recover it courageously, he spends some of his special ingots.
    CLOTH Boots: Meet a plunderer in the Sunless Barrens. She tells about, how she escaped the Ebon Dawn. After bringing magical cloth to her, she gives some for having a pair of Cloth Boots.

2. Gloves: For ALL VIRTUES: After defeating the last road encounter* someone appears:
    LEATHER Gloves: an Altruist Monk appears and hands you a prayer card to bring to a Monk in Etceter and other Towns.
    PLATE Gloves: a bounty hunter appears and provides a bounty hunter’s slip to bring it to a Bounty Master in Resolute, Brittany Estates, Desolis, Valhold, or Blood Bay.
    CLOTH Gloves: an Ecology Researcher appears and hands you a survey ticket to bring it to an owner of a magic shop in Aerie, Brittany Estates, Broochash, Celestis or Yew.

Possible Road Encounters

The mentioned persons appears random after defeating all encouners you find in the scene. This may be:

Corpions (keep care: last one is a DarkStarr Corpion!)
    You can meet the encounter at Southeast Blackblade Mountains (South of the Oracle Colossus, North Quel way in the south leads there), Northern Grunvald Barrens or Desolis.
    I met ALL Encounters and received the prayer card, bounty hunter's slip and survey ticket with Corpions. I changed between the Southeast Blackblade Mountains and near Desolis.
    Not after every scene clearing appeared someone! I think I did the scene over six times!

Trolls
    You can meet them south of Sawtooth Thicket in the pass to Quel region.

Stags (keep care: last one can be a Dragon!
    You can meet them next to Boreas Colossus, for example.

Wolves, Grey Wolves, Timber Wolves, Elder Wolves, Obsidian Bear
    In the Solace Forest, for example.

GOOD LUCK, Avatar! :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Spoon and By Tor like this.
  20. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

This quest was a pain last time I did it few months ago. I reset my quests and attempting again. taken me about as long as first time /sigh. Guessing around 2-3 hrs so far. Anyway, u might have to log out for awhile, come back in, then type in key when u first start talking with Venerable elf. He may or may not respond, outside of his usual run around stuff. He FINALLY did after I don't know how many tries. Hope this helps someone. U need the quest from simone initiated of course, or he really won't give u key.

I'm creating a new character soon and in the next few weeks might do a walkthrough on this quest. If anyone comes across this in the future, check my channel linked in sig, might be a CURRENT walkthrough there if I can get around to it. The ones I've seen, the whole place looks different so it wasn't of much help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.