Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Obsidian forge

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Araminis Darkblade, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Araminis Darkblade

Araminis Darkblade Avatar

1. Title:when trying to use the obsidian forge only the lens recpt comes up
    2. Reproduction Rate:100%
    3. Blocker?in crafting obsidian weps yes
    4. Details:when trying to use the obsidian forge only the lens recpt comes up, I have all mats and recpts I need. have been down 3 times still not working. even tried manually putting mats in based on recp
    5. Steps to Reproduce:eek:pen forge, no recpts ecept lens no matter what u do,
    6. User Specs:*AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.2 GHz Turbo)
      *ASRock ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+/AM3 AMD 990FX
      *MSI Radeon R9 390X DirectX 12 GAMING 8G
      *XFX ProSeries 1250W PSU
      *WD Black 3TB Hard Disk Drive
      *HyperX Savage 2.5" 240GB (SSD)
      *G.SKILL TridentX Ram 32GB
      *DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 120 CPU Liquid Cooler
      *Razer BlackWidow Stealth Edition Expert Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
      *Razer Orb Weaver Mechanical game pad
      *Razer Naga Chroma
      *Razer Kraken pro headset
      *Afterglow 360 controller
      *Logitech Extreme 3D pro joystick
      *Logitech 5.1 surround sound

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

did you already assemble the lens?
    - if not you trigger the soloinstance where you only can forge the lens - you need to be in a group to have the normal forge
    - if yes that's the bug that you only trigger the solo-instance ;)

Lexie and sardon777 like this.
  3. Araminis Darkblade

@Rentier yes I assembled the lens, ok i will try a group. TY. hope it works.

Lexie and Rentier like this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

If you continue to have problems we'll need to see which map you are actually in if you can do a /loc at the spot.
    It has been working for others as of late so I am confident it will work for you. But if not, please let us know!
    @sardon777

5. Araminis Darkblade

I will let you know as soon as I head back in, may try tonight. TY

6. Araminis Darkblade

Still no luck, and when I enter I see reassemble Vermillion lens on compass indicator (I have my shroud), I tried solo, party mode, and multiplayer. havent found anyone to come in as party yet though. by myself it is defenitly bugged.Area: Hilt Fortress (Novia_R3_Hills02_Hilt_Interior/Quest) Loc: (64.6,-78.9,-132.3)

7. Lexie

And you have the coal with you as listed in the recipe? The recipe was indeed learned and not in your inventory? You are definitely in the right instance of it...
    Tag me please if you continue to have issues. Can you describe what you are seeing? Does the crafting button just not light up?
    @sardon777

8. Araminis Darkblade

I have all the mats and every recipe, only the lens shows up. Made sure it was on show all recipes, I took a screen shot its on steam i will try to post it later. even try to type in recipe name etc. I will keep trying. Also I put the mats in the correct amount in nothing still.

9. Araminis Darkblade

[​IMG]
    Also yes all recipes are in my book. here I just brought down enough stuff to forge an ingot to see if it was working so 500 obsidian chips, 5 coal (brought 7 some reason), ingot mold, tongs etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  10. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I noticed you said "tongs" but you were on a force with a blacksmith recipe and not a smelting recipe. I think you need the smithing hammer (which you have in one picture so I think you did right - but just wanted to check and be certain).

If you are online in the evenings US Central Time - then feel free to PM me in game (Cthrek'Goru Tazar) and I can see about bringing a few friends in party with you to be sure we get you in the multi-player instance.

sardon777 likes this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

You are in the single-player quest version of the instance, so only the Vermillion Lens is available to be crafted. Have you completed the Path of Courage? From what I can see, that should change your flag to access the normal version again. Otherwise, as noted, get into a group and you can enter the normal version with them.

12. Lexie

I misunderstood the initial issue (I had it reversed). He's not trying to craft to finish the quest, he is trying to make Obsidian stuff. Doh!
    You must be on the Shroud quest now. Unless you want to complete that first, going in while grouped with someone should fix the issue for you as Browncoat observed. You'll get the right Obsidian forge then. You should take someone (or a few) with you anyway since you probably won't be able to take the waves in the room while crafting at the same time. This is something you won't see in the solo instance version. It is meant to be more challenging.

And bring lots of fuel mats with you. That amount of coal you have won't be enough to make ingots....

@sardon777

sardon777 likes this.
  13. Araminis Darkblade

Completed the shroud quest about a month ago, got all paths done and even got every armor piece. Also first time I went in to craft I had about 5k obsidian chips, 300+ coal, and I keep all my tools equiped. (smithing hammer, tongs etc). I will hit one of these players up in game when im ready to go back in see if that works. I burnt alot of my chips today getting chaos magic up. TY everyone. @Tazar ill hit you up when I get my chips back up. which will only take a day or two if I farm,(im stuck at the house atm so been playing 10+ hrs a day.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.