Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Not a fan of loot change.

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Despothes2, May 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

When do alchemists get the claning solution recipe so we can turn the rusty spoons into shiney spoons?

2. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

With RL doing the things that RL does I haven't been able to play much at all lately. That said, the times I've gone out, loot has been significantly better in every zone I've been in. I'm not saying it's perfect but it's a damned sight better than it has been at any time since the great loot nerf which iirc was like r33ish. See that @Chris ;p lol I gotta give poor old Chris props since I've dogged him about loot almost as much as I did about polearms. As I think someone already mentioned, looting everything is generally the best way to go if you want mobs to respawn. If you don't want the 'junk" just select it all and delete. Idk how much simpler it could be...you can do an alpha sort and then shift click, select the lot and batch delete. Bada bing... you're back to hunting.

Feeyo, Jaesun, Sara Dreygon and 2 others like this.
  3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

No, but would you like to buy a duck? ;)

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  4. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

You could seed invest in a sowing circle.

I am having pun farming.

5. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

All but wooden ducks!

6. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I like the changes. Yes, there may be less efficiency in gold earn per minute due to having to clear out weight or selectively loot, but we shouldn't be designing the game for gold per minute efficiency. I'm here for an RPG, not a fancy version of Paperclips.

Baratan likes this.
  7. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

This!
    Some people seem to want to play Microsoft Excel

8. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

I am personally enjoying the new loot. With that said, not all loot is supposed to be useful, and different loot items have different uses to different people.

I am liking the fact that the vast majority of loot once you get past the initial newbie phase has use OTHER than as equipment. Components, reagents, and raw materials are all great ideas for loot items. Hopefully, we'll also see more quest items or simply NPCs looking for various items that are uncommon drops as a small side quest.

One of the problems on the quantity over quality side of the coin is what happened with UO. Unless things have changed, in UO you get a metric crapload of equipment as loot, but 99.99% of it (once you dig through the mods) is fairly worthless. The other problem is that Decorative Items over time (since they would be REALLY hated if they wore out just sitting in your house) will simply become TOO common as everyone will at some point have just about everything from the loot tables, and many of them in multiples. On the plus side, at least decorative items stack with the same deco item so you shouldn't waste your house's item count if you want to hoard them.

The challenge will be to keep the loot system balanced (rewarding but not Monty Haul) and interesting at the same time for an extended period of time.

Baratan likes this.
  9. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Sometimes time is of the essence, and sometimes one wants to take everything so the corpse decays faster and more mobs will respawn quicker.

I've always hated deleting stuff from my inventory, with all the clicking. I feel that a recycle bin - like on Windows desktop - would be a good feature.
    That way one could quickly and easily just drag and drop stuff there and after a certain amount of time it would empty itself. It would not only be quick
    but also one would have a little bit of time to retrieve something they deleted by accident.

UO had trash cans didn't it? But those were actual physical things with specific locations. I was thinking of something that would be a part of the UI
    and would always be available.

10. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

We need a loot bag. All loot is picked up into the bag. When the bag is full you can drag what you want to inventory and then delete the rest and keep on hunting.

Spoon likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Wear a backpack or a quiver. When your inventory is full, drag what you want to the backpack and delete the rest. Or, use a bag that's simply locked to your inventory.

Aldo likes this.
  12. Floors

Floors Avatar

You guys need to learn to salvage this stuff for crafting.

Jaesun and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.