Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

/oldprospector

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Again the emote is teachable so it is not completely inaccessible like many of you continue to claim. The delivery mechanism has merely changed from an NPC to other players. I completely agree that if it was completely inaccessible after such a short period your concerns would be valid but that is simply not the case.

2. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

@DarkStarr I think a lot of people like the idea of being able to teach it too though. Teachable and Re-Teachable aren't the same thing.

Duke Gréagóir and Xebulante like this.
  3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I'm just stating that (IMO) it is bad event design for an MMO. I know that it takes time to build cool things, so you want to exploit what you make and make sure that your player base, hard-core and casual alike, have a chance to check it out.

I worry you'll burn through your content (and your content creators) too fast.

4. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

The Starrlton dance was also a Patient Zero experience. It seems to have populated just fine.

Admittedly, having been here since 2014 you do get to know some of the developer's patterns for releasing items (and sometimes they surprise us) - however, at this point we have all accepted that artifacts drop first for the people who have the skills to take on group content solo and that you cannot buy all the higher tier recipes as they are now drops... this dance quest distribution is a drop in the bucket.

It is also a lesson in a way that while you can pick and choose which content you may want to adventure towards first, some of it may not be around if you go after other goals.

Barugon likes this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It is also Re-Teachable, so it doesn't have the finite teachers that a Teachable emote does.

I think there is some disconnect tho with thinking that player teachable emotes is equivalent to NPC teachable. With such a limited availability, some players ARE going to be shut out of ever getting this emote. What about players who only play Offline? Those that refuse to play in Open Multiplay? I'm still limiting what my son can experience by keeping him in Friends Only mode, which means for us to learn this its a pain as we have to get someone into the group and join our instance. Since its not Re-Teachable, I can't even jump into MP and get it for both of us.

If you want player-taught to be on the same level as NPC teachable, players need to be able to turn emotes (and recipes) into written instructions that they can give away/sell on their vendors. Then this is more fair for all players online. We could still have a conversation about any type of limited content in the offline game...

Elwyn likes this.
  6. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

There will also be many players shut out of ever receiving the Shooter emote as it is even more limited in its delivery scale.

7. Verit

Verit Avatar

Several people here have already offered, but feel free to send me an invite next time I'm online and I will party up to teach you and your group. Ign: Lucen Verit

That being said, I like the idea of truly rare and exclusive items.
    Will I ever be able to have a complete collection? No
    Will I ever get every community cloak and discontinued store item? No.
    But, I may have one or two rares that signify I was someplace or took part in something that was only offered for a limited time. I like this, even though I will be left out of having some items that others will have.
    In the real word, their are countless examples of collectors items and mementos that could only be obtained by a small group of people.
    Should every Comic-Con or major sporting event have to continue to sell their exclusive items to general public just because the events are only a few days long?
    I dont think so and we do have rmt for those that have to have everything that others do.

8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

It's not about the emote... its the quest that unlocks it that I really want to do... please consider bringing the Old Prospector back every so often so we can experience the quest your developers have put time and energy in to!

LoneStranger likes this.
  9. DarkStarr

The quest is still there

10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Here's a hint, it's not a "nugget" in the traditional sense of the word. :D

moxiepilot likes this.
  11. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Yeah. I got the nugget :) I was just looking in the wrong house

Barugon and Cordelayne like this.
  12. Bink

Bink Avatar

dislike!

13. DarkStarr

We are adding in a new quest for R54 to make this emote available again.

Preview from R54 Post: "In Release 53 we added this emote as a sidequest with an extremely limited availability (only the opening weekend of the release). Even though the emote was teachable and therefore still attainable from other players we received a large amount of negative feedback on this delivery method. So we have added this new quest in and there is no time limit on the availability."

Elwyn, Beaumaris, Fei Akhart and 10 others like this.
  14. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I remember this event. I was in one of the other instances where shooter and devs never visited so the experience was crappy with no chance to get this emote or prizes.

15. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

When I speak of limited scale, I refer to one person having the teachable version, afaik, and if your path crosses with his, it’s his decision to exercise giving it out.

16. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

So what about the folk who did the quest after the eligilibility period for the emote. What should they do to obtain it?

17. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Guess even limited availability cannot be so “extreme” then. Good to hear hehe.

18. DarkStarr

Please read what I wrote. It's a new quest.

Synergy Blaize and Cordelayne like this.
  19. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

It would be nice if we received an game mail from the Oracle or Arabella requesting help / pointing out limited time events.

20. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

I'm reading, but I'm drinking!

New = agewrgioan in drinky!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.