Frequency and timing of replenishing items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cirsee, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find out what the frequency and timing (when active to acquire items) is for the replenishing items/wishing wells/birthday cakes/easter baskets, etc. Are there item limits on these things as well (i.e. only 100 fireworks/given time limit?) Does anyone know?

Replenishing firework boxes: Maybe monthly for some (50 at a time)?
    Replenishing Silver fireworks: 25 missiles, 25 rockets
    Replenishing Oracle eye sparklers: 50
    Replenishing Aerial Palm Fish combo: 1
    Replenishing snow ball boxes: December?
    Replenishing Obsidian potions:1/month
    Replenishing Yellow fountain: 50
    Wishing well (can you use other people's and towns like you used to?): obtained book/firework thinking once/week - not sure on other well uses
    Replenishing Lord British birthday cake: July amount unknown
    Cornucopia: 1/day
    Replenishing Confetti basket: April (100 total)
    Artisan supply box: 1 random item/week ?

EDIT: Updating as we make some guesses or get confirmation.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Lace, sota001, Rentier and 1 other person like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Good question, @Cirsee :)
    I too would like to know, so I hope you get some responses here....
    And I'm sure you will......... :cool:

3. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

I've been playing 4ish months and the snow balls still haven't replinished. I suspect it's a seasonal thing. obsidian box is 1st of the month. I got one out like Feb 24th and another one March 1 and another April 1 and so on. The artisan box is once a week but I'm not sure the reset day. I'm going to guess Sunday or Monday. I suspect the other items are seasonal like I think the snowballs are.

Jaesun, Rentier and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

It is seasonal. I can't say much on this subject because some things in game were always meant to be discovery based. But I think you can guess which season :)

5. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Richard Garriott was born on the Fourth of July. It's a good time for cake.

6. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Don't be confused by @Serafina's statement. I've been checking them periodically for a long time now and fireworks do not replenish on the first of every month.

Lace and sota001 like this.
  8. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

If I cannot rely on a staff member's answer to a question that was explicitly asked with the background of making the decision to buy or not to buy, on what should I rely otherwise?

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Just because she's a staff member doesn't mean that she has the correct answer. You can check them each month for yourself and see that they don't replenish monthly.

10. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

That's interesting. So if I want to buy a car and ask the salesperson whether it has automatic air conditioning, and the answer is yes, it doesn't necessarily mean that the car really has it?

@Serafina or @Berek please clarify!

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's not that she's intentionally misleading you; she just has the wrong information.

12. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

I'm sorry if this comes across as rude, but you are being absurd.
    As stated earlier by Lexie, "I can't say much on this subject because some things in game were always meant to be discovery based."
    Them not revealing the mechanics of this specific item is in line with the philosophy of the game; and to be frank, it isn't terribly hard to figure out from Lexie's answer. Some are seasonal, some are not. They replenish at specific rates and part of the design philosophy is figuring out how they work.
    If that keeps you from buying, so be it; but spare us the illogical analogies. Customer support /community manager attempts to answer player questions given said design philsophy (and rapid state of change) is not comparable to a bloody car purchase and car salesmen. That is simply an asinine analogy. Come on.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  13. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Have you seen my screenshot above? If not, please scroll a few posts up. The screenshot shows a reply given on Discord by Serafina, witnessed by hundreds of players, after she asked me to wait a moment, she is going to check this for me. Then she came back to me with that answer. Now, Serafine is, to my knowledge, as much an employee and official representative of Portalarium as Lexie, or am I mistaken?

Im going to spare you silly pictures to get my point across. Yes, it comes off as rude. You knew it, therefore it is pointless to start with "I am sorry if".

14. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Fireworks boxes are not seasonal for sure. @Lexie was not mentioning those but the snowball boxes, by the way. So @Lexie 's answer should not be applied to fireworks.
    I can attest that the fireworks replenish many times a year. But @Barugon stated that those don't replenish on the first on each month. That doesn't necessarily means that @Serafina is wrong, when she says otherwise AFTER having checked. That means that @Barugon (who says that he didn't got new fireforks on the first) should bug report it.

15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I have every replenishing fireworks box through the sparklers, plus five of the new aerial and candles. None of them replenish monthly. It feels like quarterly or semi-annually to me. As I said, I'm waiting for them to renew to confirm.

Lace and sota001 like this.
  16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I would send a message to support with the details.
    support@portalarium.com
    Someone gave Serafina the wrong info which she then gave to you which you based your purchase on.
    That's not right, so need to be fixed by support.

17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'd really like some clarity on the fireworks at least. I get that some items will have different replenish rates based on what they are and I don't have an issue with seasonal things being tied to specific seasons.

It "seemed like" the fireworks were monthly, but I have a whole bunch of these boxes laid out and it seems that they aren't consistent - some give me fireworks, some don't. It would be nice to know how often they are meant to be doing something so that if they are not, I could effectively bug report it, instead of just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

I'm less concerned about things like the artisan box of plenty, which seemed a lot cooler in the pledge description than it actually turned out to be. Usually clicking on it gives me like a single spider silk or something else worth <10 gold, its pretty pointless as a replenishing item so I just enjoy it as a unique piece of deco having long given up on it being in any way remotely useful. While the fireworks boxes are also pretty, there are supposed to be things in them, and I don't want to feel like I'm missing out because I have no idea when the next refresh is.

Perhaps the simplest solution here would be when you attempt to interact with a replenishing item, and you get the message that nothing happens, have the chat window display the time and/or date of next collection? That doesn't seem unreasonable or arduous to add and would make this problem effectively go away. If you want to hide it for easter eggs or snowball boxes, I think we can figure those out :p

18. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@kaeshiva
    The simplest solution would be to reuse the code/feature that we have for the Royal Scepter which has a countdown until next use.
    While also harmonizing to regular intervals instead of dates.
    But they have dismissed that before so I wouldn't count on it.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  19. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah,..I guess what I mean is, the fireworks box "knows" when its next 'tick' is - it has to know, because it knows when I click it that its not time yet, and at some point when I click it, it is time. All I'm suggesting is that we display this - "You tried to use this box, but it doesn't have anything in it" error message and simply add "Next available xx/xx/xx date".

If its monthly? GREAT. I'll just add "click on all fireworks boxes and put fireworks into bag" as part of my 'new release' activity. I kinda to this anyway, but some work, and some don't, and short of making a spreadsheet to try and figure it out over a long period of time or some other tedious exercise (which I COULD do) ...well, it just seems senseless to "hide" this information especially on add on items that we buy.

RoStudios likes this.
  20. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@kaeshiva
    Totally agreed.

It's silly to sell replenishing stuff without saying how frequently that is, up front.
    Without that info one cannot make an informed decision.

The worst one being the wishing well which is beyond useless for the wishing part and is merely a fancy well. Which is such a pity since from the text description it sounds fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.