Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Salvage and drop rate of T3 components....

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Despothes2, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

Is really bad still. Are there any plans to make this better? These things have been in the game for a quite awhile now, and I've only heard of a few savage handles / mossy handles being salvaged successfully. Also would be nice to see some more added!

Innascual Inch and Jaesun like this.
  2. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

Yep it's pretty abysmal I salvaged over 15 weapons with mossy green handle and didn't get a single handle or weapon head. I've only managed 2 savage handles ever and they both rolled like crap on the masterworks and enchants.

3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

0/6 on salvaging mossy here.

Some were after they raised the salvage rate and said they'd keep an eye on it as they wanted them to be rare. I'd hate to see how many I'd have gotten prior to the increased salvage rate... less than zero :eek:?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I haven't gotten any embued elven bow strings for a couple of releases. They seem to be insanely rare now.

5. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I have gotten a bunch. Sitting at about 100 imbued strings.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I guess I'm just lucky.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

8. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

The Rise. The drop rate seems to have gone down but with an Obsidian Potion, I still get a good supply.

Barugon likes this.
  9. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

P2W still in full force, as normal.

I've scrapped dozens of weapons from the Rise as well with no T3 drops.

10. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I have never bought COTOs with real money....

Sara Dreygon and Fruck like this.
  11. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Someone did, it is highly unlikely that your COTOs were drops. They found the igg to be worth more than the buff at the moment.

As mentioned, if the drop rate is so low that obsidian potions are the only way to get them reliably, that is P2W and should be adjusted.

12. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I usually get 4-7 COTOs as drops each release. I did recently buy 10 gold COTOs with IGG for Guidance Potions. I have never purchased COTOs with real money or IGG to buy an Obsidian Potion of Reclamation. I store salvageable items in trunks until I get a gold or white iron drop. Getting imbued strings or other mats is not P2W. Plus you can use IGG to buy them from players.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  13. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Using in game currency to purchase cash shop items doesn't nullify the P2W factor

14. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

You and I have a different understanding of "pay to win".
    If it can be obtained through normal play in game or the average player can obtain it by spending in game currency, I don't consider it "pay to win".

15. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

That seems overly restrictive, even the most flagrant examples of P2W like Clash of Clans or Dungeon Keeper Mobile wouldn't be p2w by that definition. Here's a simpler version, if the majority of occurrences of a useful item enter the game world via the exercise of a microtransaction, that is p2w.

MrBlight and Baratan like this.
  16. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

By your definition no games are pay to win and that's fine. You're wrong and you have that right. :p

If you can pay for an advantage with real money, it's pay to win.

17. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

There might be some aspects of this game that are P2W but getting COTOs to buy Obsidian potions is not one of them. Below are all COTOs that have dropped for me minus the gold ones which I have already stated that I bought for a Guidance potion only because I didn't want to wait a month. I have gotten gold COTO drops as well. If you stash your salvage drops until you get a COTO drop and then salvage everything in one go, you can easily do this without micro transactions.

[​IMG]

The results are not bad if you have some patience.

[​IMG]

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  18. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Clash of Clans is pay to win? That's new to me. I played that game for about 2 years straight and I did just fine never having paid a single penny to the game.

In my opinion this game has basically no real "Pay to Win" aspects to it. It does have some aspects to make your "life" easier or more convenient, but it doesn't necessarily make it so you "win".

Example - One of the potions gives you additional encumbrance - just so you can carry extra stuff. Another potion makes it so you can "hopefully" get more meticulous occurences (and the % increase in chance is like 15 - not even that large). Both of these things are completely unnecessary... just "nice" to have if you want it.

OH and if you want these same potions for FREE then all you gotta do is read a little more. You can get it for free using the Meretz app. That's how I do it.

19. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I've included a list of all the COTOs I've received as drops since persistence (over 100 hours) below. I suspect the I am closer to the average player than you.

20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I think his example in clash of clans is essentially that i can come drop a few hundred for gems, and surpass you right now. Starting today.

Same with Clash Royale. I could techinically drop money, to powrr open chests untill i surpass your 2 years of progress, in a day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.