Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Salvage and drop rate of T3 components....

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Despothes2, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Jaesun likes this.
  2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I believe it gives +50 to your skill not +50%. Hover over your salvage tooltip and it just gives a set number, not a percent.

There's "crit modifier" from Armor Weak Points, Vital Points, and Dex/x which gives immediate crit percent... anything else gives "crit chance" which is calculated from a formula using the total crit modifier you have. 10% crit modifier is an observable 10% crit whereas 10% crit chance could be VERY small if your Armor Weak Points, Vital Points, and Dex/x are low.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Jaesun, Sara Dreygon and Rada Torment like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It does. If your crit chance is normally say 10% then that 5% brings it up to a whopping 10.5%.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I stand corrected.

6. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Yet if that same text is on a weapon or skill it would be 15% not 10.5%. Port math is tricksy, I'd never trust a calculation in game unless the devs spell it out on here.

7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I don't know if I'd say Port math is tricky, but it's not necessarily evident. Some bonuses are additive, meaning the percent bonus is added to the base stat, so 10% and a 5% bonus gives you 15%. Other bonuses are multiplicative, meaning that the bonus is multiplied with the base stat, so the bonus would 10.5%. It never clearly stated when they use additive or multiplicative bonuses, so people must figure it out themselves. Sadly, that is the state of the game.

8. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Or use both mixed together, as crit chance does. Port has specifically refused to reveal to-hit and damage calculations as they are too complicated.

To drag us back on topic before Berek's finger gets all twichy, we don't know the raw drop rate, the effect salvage level has on drop rate and to which and the 50% bonus for obsidian potions is applied, though from my own experience, with a much smaller sample size, I'd say it is resulting in yields at least double.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.