The Master’s Guide to Agriculture (Part 1/2)

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Adrian (Kung Fu Master), May 14, 2018.

?

Useful guide?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Undecide

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Adrian (Kung Fu Master) Avatar

The Master’s Guide to Agriculture (Part 1/2)

Greeting Master Farmers! You have finally made it to the Master level with dedication and commitment. Many players would consider you a hardcore farmer. Farming is no longer a fun thing to do, but a lifestyle, a non-violence lifestyle. Possibility, there are less than 5% of the population that has made it beyond the 90 skills Water/Sow/Harvest level. You have earned my respect; Therefore, I will expand your knowledge beyond the agriculture’s circle.

At this point, you should continue to expand your farm lands. You should be able to plant high volumes of planter beds and pots (1000-5000 plants) using multiples and mixed layouts. By mixing and moving things/houses around, you should be able to find the style you like. The goal is to maximize the deco limit (outdoor, indoor, and basement) to yield the most output.

These are my recommended layouts.

1. Row Lot (400 deco limit): 1 x Four-story Greenhouse + 5-Level Basement

2. Village Lot (475 deco limit):

a. 2 x Rusted Iron Greenhouse + 5-Level Basement

b. Planter beds + Pots on empty land + 5-Level Basement

c. Placed 1 x Four-story Greenhouse + Planter beds & pots around the house + 5-Level Basement

3. Town Lot (800 deco limit):

a. 5 x Rusted Iron Greenhouse + 5-Level Basement

b. Planter beds + Pots on empty land + 5-Level Basement

c. Placed 1 x Four-story Greenhouse + 2 x Rusted Iron Greenhouse around the house + 5-Level Basement. (You can add 2 x Small Iron Greenhouse to this layout if you have the COTOs).

4. City Lot (1,125 deco limit):

a. 6-8 x Rusted Iron Greenhouse + 5-Level Stone Basement

b. Placed 1 x Town-size house + 4-6 x Rusted Iron Greenhouse around the house + 5-Level Stone Basement.

c. Placed 1 x Town-size house + planter beds surrounding the house + 5-Level Stone Basement.

Tips:

1. Ensure to have your lots close to each other to avoid wasting time running from one lot to the other.

2. Utilize the QA server when available to test your layouts before making the commitment to buy/change on the Live server.

3. Purchase a Remote Bank Access Device to store your buckets of water & seeds in the bank. When needed, you can access your bank from any locations.

4. Make sure your town is closed by the seeds merchant to avoid long distance travel.

5. Every time you harvest plants, you gain 5%-7% of the seeds in return.

Happy Farming!

Next Lesson: The Master’s Guide to Agriculture (Part 2/2)

Previous Lesson: The Advanced Guide to Agriculture

Bonus: The Agriculture Guide to Cost Accounting

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

Five, used to be six but the borders changed subtly so they no longer fit.

[​IMG]

3. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

4. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

I have yet to figure out a basement layout that I'm happy with that maximizes agriculture.

I'm cool with a weekly water cycle if I could actually get 5000 farm plots down there...

[​IMG]

5. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

I might have a solution for you (still working on my part 2/2 write up). What kind of basement do you have if I don't mind me asking?

6. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

I've my pick between a stone 2-story city and keep basement, or possibly both.

7. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

I would recommend to go for a 5-story stone basement to hit the 5000 deco limit mark. The most you can get out of the 2-story basement is between 1000-2000 plants with the traditional agriculture layouts. I have a City 5-story basement and was able to max out the deco limit minus a few hundreds of supporting items.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  8. radi

radi Avatar

Can you make one for the row greenhouse?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.