Problems getting summon lich spell

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ffred, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

The master death trainer by the Necropolis gave me the Mors ex tenebris quest to kill Lord Nyrond the Unseen in the Etceter Craig mines.

I killed Lord Nyrond and he didn't drop the book (Mors ex tenebris)

According to this walkthrough video, he should have.

I am wondering if anyone else has run into this and found a work around?

Thanks!

FrostII and Arya Stoneheart like this.
  2. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

hi Ffred

was this your first time killing Lord Nyrond because if you have killed him before It possibly wont give you the book a second time.
    check your inventory and bank if you have killed him before as You might have moved the book.
    if it is not in your inventory or bank try killing him again and if the book does not drop bug report it.

just as a second thought have you got the quest from Davropos the death mage trainer?
    you can get the quest but you must have trained the Death tree to obtain the Summon Lich.

thanks for bring this to my attention as I will post the results in the YouTube post.

Ffred likes this.
  3. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

This was my first time killing Lord Nyrond.

I did get the quest from Davrops the death mage trainer and it appeared in my quest journal.

>you can get the quest but you must have trained the Death tree to obtain the Summon Lich.

I'm not quite yet eligible for the summon lich spell, I have summon skeleton trained to 40 but need to get death shield up to 40.

Since he gave me the quest, I thought I could complete it and just not be able to buy the summon lich spell until I met the other requirements.

However, maybe that's the problem.

I'll try killing Lord Nyrond again after I have meet all the death tree requirements for the summon lich spell.

skeggy Media likes this.
  4. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

let me know how you get on I will check with an Alt charter

Ffred likes this.
  5. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Thanks. Will do!

6. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Update:

I got all my death tree skills up to the requirement, went back and this time couldn't kill Lord Nylond.

I think the first time I was actually just fighting just the lich mage that hangs out with him, because the 1st time I fought something with 500hp, and Lord N. has 1500hp. And I don't remember fighting two liches in that room.

What threw me off is standing by the spiritual barrier I could see the letters "Lord Nylond" in red off in the distance, so I just assumed it was him, but maybe he didn't come out and fight because I wasn't eligible yet.

I guess I'll have to come back when I'm more powerful. I can keep from getting him by him by running around the pit in the room, but he heals faster than I can do damage, even though I've got banish undead at level 78 and sun ray at level 85. And I can beat the lich boss in Ravensmoore.

Any tips for beating him other than just level my character? I'm a pure mage at level 62 (before the +5 adventure level 3 day buff)

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you can get someone to help you. you just have to be the one to loot him.

8. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Underneath the name of the zone name at the top/center of the screen it says "private" doesn't that mean it's a solo instance?

On my first attempt I tried recruiting help the other player said he he couldn't teleport to me. he got a message something like "you can't teleport to this player while he is in the Etceter crag mines"

9. Alley Oop

yes, no one can teleport into a mine (multi or not), and yes, mines are private. ...but they're not SOLO. you can have party members, they'll just have to actually walk in.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Ah, got it. Thanks for clarifying!

11. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Ok, done! With the help of @Alley Oop and another player in-game, Lord Nylond is dead and he dropped the book. The death master acknowledged the quest was completed and I was able to train the summon lich spell from him.

It seems this all came down to my doing things in a slightly different order than the game expected.

12. Alley Oop

Jaesun, Ravenscar and Ffred like this.
  13. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Ravenscar likes this.
  14. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

nice to see all worked out well in the end Ffred happy questing with you Lich

Ffred likes this.
  15. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.