Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

>:( Chest Empty

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Baratan, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I just completed the Longfall Woods "quest" to collect all three keys to open the stash. It was empty. Lovely zone otherwise. This isn't the first time I've come across something like this. This kind of treasure needs to be instanced per-player.

2. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Party Only or Solo Online and it basically is instanced for you.

3. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Sorry, but that's a hilarious story.

If that chest is going to be empty because it's not instanced, it's best not to have that quest available at all to those people.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

HUGE design fail.

Having to play in non-multiplayer in order to get the payoff at the end of a bunch of work (most of these puzzles are quite time consuming) is a tragedy.

Doing all that work for an empty chest? Nothing could be worse, unless SotA formatted your harddrive when you opened the chest.

Now in the release notes they are making it so you can see that the chest is empty as you come up to it.

Sorry, still unacceptable. Figure out how to give people their treasure chest when they go to all the trouble of solving puzzles to get to it. Seeing that it's empty as you come up to it just takes away the shock, it's still

Super...

Super......

Lame.

Yeah, that's the work around I guess. No treasure hunting in multiplayer, just take it totally out. It sucks, but it's better than an hour of puzzle solving followed by a slap in the face.

5. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I ran into this similar issue in Conan Exiles last night. Went into a dungeon, unknowingly right behind some high level guys. The whole experience was altered because they cleaned out the dungeon ahead of us. Silver lining is I got credit for killing the final boss because I got to the end before they were done killing it...

6. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

So, not more adventuring in multiplayer mode then. Working as intended? It's not like you will know ahead of time when the rewards are going to be gone before you get there.

Gorthyn and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  7. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Depends on why you are adventuring.

If you're going just for the chest of loot at the end, you are better off in solo or party only mode.

If you want to find a group of people to take on a dragon or something challenging, ot to go to an ingame event, then full multiplayer is the way to go.

8. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Wanting those things doesn't put them in the scenes. :p
    I would have liked meaningful interaction, but what I got was one player who ignored me after saving his life and then several other players just silently picking up the loot ahead of me. :p

Bubonic likes this.
  9. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

That's the SOTA community for you, if you aren't enjoying the game you aren't play it "right" :rolleyes:

Port has the ability the instance the chest per user, as they do with the skeleton archer chest in the Rise, I just assume that the devs are either too busy cooking up now deco to bother or they know you'll be disappointed by the 10 gp and a sock the chest contains anyways so fixing the matter doesn't reduce the amount of complaints, so why bother.

Gorthyn likes this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’ve never gotten a sock. :(

Barugon likes this.
  11. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I get empty checks all the time. I shed a tears everytime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.