Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Crashing as soon turning

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Pounce, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

5/7/2018 2:04 PM
    Title:Crashing while turning to move
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?Very
    Details:I am standing in my house, as soon i try to turn to leave the game freezes
    Steps to Reproduce:Turn .... crash
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6) System RAM: 16365
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8086
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/Ahnen Hain
    Area Display Name: Ahnen Hain
    Loc: (5.9, 40.2, 104.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxBaG5lbiBIYWlufCg1Ljg2MiwgNDAuMTk4LCAxMDQuNzE0KXwoMCwgMC45OTUsIDAsIDAuMDk4KXwxNjguNzQ5OXwxMHwxLjk4ODEyNw==

2. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

I geet this too sometimes, with the steam or the standalone client

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Have you both tried a clean re-install? This is going to require some technical troubleshooting so if you guys have tried some steps previously, please let us know what they all were.
    @DooMAGE
    @Pounce

4. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I pinned it down to :

1. Log out inside the house
    2. Log in
    3. As soon action is done that makes the toon turn freeze and after some time CTD

Almar likes this.
  5. Aeysa

Aeysa Avatar

I have this SAME exact issue. I have reinstalled the game a few times now. My husband can log into his game on my computer and it runs just fine. (Tried multiple times) The only way I've been able to play in the guild town is going into a different scene and recalling in. Then I can turn and move without crashing.

5/14/2018 11:54 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 99%
    Blocker?
    Details:Every time I try to log in directly to my home/ Verat Chaos this happens. I load fine and can walk forward but if I turn at all I crash.
    Steps to Reproduce: Log out of house.. when I log back in i freeze when I go to turn my toon
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4) System RAM: 8127
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GPU RAM: 2988
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Verat Chaos
    Area Display Name: Verat Chaos
    Loc: (130.2, 38.0, 179.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWZXJhdCBDaGFvc3woMTMwLjE1NCwgMzcuOTk3LCAxNzguOTU4KXwoMCwgMC4yOTMsIDAsIDAuOTU2KXwzOTQuMDQ5OXwxMi43ODczM3wxNC42NTU0MQ==

6. Lexie

@Aeysa
    @Pounce
    @DooMAGE

We have to confirm that everyone is on the latest Nvidia drivers. There have been a few issues that are resolved by the latest version. Please let us know what version you are on currently.
    A couple weeks ago they released a bad driver but this has now been addressed...

Also note that Shroud is guaranteed to crash on the default Nvidia drivers on any Windows machine - which means a driver update is absolutely necessary in those cases.

7. Aeysa

Aeysa Avatar

I currently have Version 397.31 , downloading 397.64 as I type.

Edit: Updated to the 397.64, restarted computer, entered game and still having the same issue.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  8. Almar

Almar Avatar

@Lexie

I am having the same issue - three crashes in the last 10 minutes, log into house, go to turn.... hang/crash.

I have reinstalled the game (this weekend) and updated to the latest video drivers. PC reboots, graphic levels (I am now at the lowest possible gfx setting) make zero difference.

EDIT: I should mention, I can recall to outside my house and then suffer the same issue when I go to turn/move. I also get the same crash issues using the directional signposts at Rifts End. I think this is related to the 98% bug.

9. Gawayne Pureheart

Gawayne Pureheart Avatar

installing the most recent driver. It seem to me that if I turn too soon after logging in, then the freeze occurs. Once, when I waited a couple of minutes, I could play on.

Edit - well at least the first time I logged in after updating the driver, everything was ok. Thanks!

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  10. Aeysa

Aeysa Avatar

Thank you so much for the last patch!! Issue fixed for me!

11. Dumar2

Dumar2 Avatar

Dear Lexie:

It turns out to be Nvidia only that causes GPU locks? Are you sure of that?

It isnt only on windows mashines, my linux machine crashes to freeze randomly when I play the game. When I see the others crash reports I see only Nvidia 10th series of cards (1050, 1060, 1080). I have 1050TI myself.

Can you please patch in a working error handler so linux users can debug our systems and see what we can do from here. Right now we can't see anything and can't filter the game from the system.

For us linux users it is not that good to just randomly update our Nvidia drivers to the "latest". We dont know how these drivers respond to our kernel.

My own drivers are 384.111.

12. Lexie

@Dumar2
    So it turns out this problem is related to the 98%-99% loading issue. It's the same issue, but some see the error the way you described it.
    I hope you have seen an improvement since build 777 was released? Or no change at all? It's still a known issue...we tried to fix what we could while we work with Unity for a full fix.

13. Dumar2

Dumar2 Avatar

Dear Lexie:

Random crashes in combat and moving around novia isn't loading issue. As far as I know we don't load anything when we are in combat, right?

14. Lexie

Oh, you are reporting a different issue then that from what the original poster reported. Crashing soon as someone turns the camera is a symptom of what I was referring to. Random crashes is different and not a known issue. We need to treat your issue with all the basic troubleshooting first with your specific machine.

15. Dumar2

Dumar2 Avatar

I already have a topic about that...
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-client-bugs-and-crashes.125759/#post-1039961

It is a quite known issue and happens to nearly all Linux users.

Just give us a working error log ( I can't even find the generated error.log file that auto generates when the game crashes) and error handler to kern.log and sys.log so we can read why the client triggers full GPU-lock and X11 hangup. The community of players with Linux can then do the leg job for you.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  16. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

ok so the freeze and crash once logging in is part of the 98% bug? if so was the last patch suppose to fix this? cause i got the freeze and crash 2 times in a row after logging in an then walking in diamond fields today, but who to say i have maybe logged in 4 times in last 2 weeks from this bug doing the same thing an each AND everytime this has occured.

17. Dumar2

Dumar2 Avatar

I second this. The freeze and crashing (and GPU-locks, X11 freeze and cold reboot) doesn't happen when the game is loading an instance as the 98% crash states. It randomly freezes the computer in a random time, 1 sec after login,, 2 minutes after, 2 hours after login and so on. And it is sad that we can't see this segfault in our logs so we can't diagnose the faulty process or if it is a faulty hardware.

It's irritating; I love this game, I enjoy this game and I want to play it! I can't play this game when I crash and get started at the beginning of the task I been playing, crash and then again start at the beginning. As to spread more salt on the wounds, the resurrect spawn points aren't protected so I sometimes resurrect in the middle of a horde of mobs!

Boradic Boneslasher likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.