Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] PoT Map Problems - Not sure if this is where to report

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Fionwyn Wyldemane, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

5/24/2018 2:06 PM

@Rok Yrikk

Title: Icons buried under lots
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: PoT owners cannot move lot markers. This causes problem with things getting buried and into an unmovable state. Additionally, lots are overlapping and have incorrect placement.

Steps to Reproduce: Put a road or house or wall on a lot. It gets stuck and cannot be moved. See below:

1. Road stuck and overlapping lots in the wrong place -

[​IMG]

2. Wall Stuck

[​IMG]

3. I just tried placing a crypt marker on a lot and now it's stuck too.

[​IMG]

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16211
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M GPU RAM: 4065
    SotA.QA.Win.64.686.Date.05.23.18
    Area: POT_swampisland_metropolis_01a_template/Serenity Isle
    Area Display Name: Serenity Isle
    Loc: (17.8, 14.0, -2.2)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1waXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFhX3RlbXBsYXRlfFNlcmVuaXR5IElzbGV8KDE3LjgzNSwgMTQuMDQ1LCAtMi4xNzYpfCgwLCAwLjkxLCAwLCAwLjQxNSl8MTMwLjk2OTl8MTB8NC45MjgzNjk=

2. Rok Yrikk

Rok Yrikk Developer Emeritus

You can post map bugs here or in the World Building bug forum. You have a few things going on here so let me address individually:

* We cannot turn on the ability to edit lots, since all of that is set up automatically. Every modification you would make to the lots would get erased every 12 hours. I know one of your lot positions is not working right now, see below.
    * Lots are currently rendered on a higher layer than the POIs and Houses. In order to modify something in the layer that is below the lots, hover over the square in the bottom right and uncheck the Lots layer. This will allow you to access the layers below. This isn't clear, and doesn't make much sense that the lots are rendered on top of the houses.
    * The overlapping lots are a bug due to the fact that the lot marker is actually placed on top of the paver and not on the ground. This is bug #59376

Retlaw, Fionwyn Wyldemane and Rentier like this.
  3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Thanks for the information I appreciate it. I unchecked the lots layer and will wait to see if things change on the actual map at some point. Right now I am unable to make the needed changes.

4. Rok Yrikk

Rok Yrikk Developer Emeritus

I am assuming you mean you are still unable to delete the roads and other icons that you placed under lots?

First, ensure that you are logged in and you have edit mode turned on. Then make sure you have the lots layer invisible.
    View attachment 47
    Then you should be able to select the individual icons and delete them.
    View attachment 49

5. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Thank you for the direction, I am good now :) Not too worried about the overlapping lots.

I really appreciate all your hard work. The map is looking better than ever. Auto placing the lots and houses makes everything so much easier, especially laying out the roads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.