Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Persistent camera zoom

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by radi, May 24, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radi

radi Avatar

It would be great if the game would remember my camera zoom. Right now every time I log into the game I need to re-zoom out the camera.

Quenton, Salix, Duffrey Blake and 4 others like this.
  2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I suggested something similar during a livestream - about being able to 'lock' the camera zoom - but IIRC, Darkstarr pointed out that keeping a static zoom level would cause the camera to clip through walls, etc..

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

He completely misunderstood what you were asking for. I've had them do this for a great many things that I have asked about. In fact, I would say more often than not, they misunderstand my questions.

Salix, iansmellios and Baratan like this.
  4. Echondas

If this is something that could be done - it would save me a lot of mouse wheeling - especially when fighting trolls in close quarters - perhaps something like snapping back to a certain zoom level, when feasible?

On a related note - I also wouldn't mind something to handle getting the camera blocked by things like trees and other scenery above the character - maybe have them go a level of transparent.

Baratan likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I wish they would do something like this. Maybe a frustum of transparency that extends from your avatar to the screen.

iansmellios likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

mouse wheeling? page up and page down are zoom all the way in and all the way out

7. Echondas

Ah - I never tried that - but I have a certain zoom level I like, which is kinda somewhere somewhere between those.

Alley Oop likes this.
  8. radi

radi Avatar

It would be clipping if it's a percentage of the scene max camera zoom. If your zoom-out level is set to 100% it should work in all senes.

I like that a lot!

iansmellios and Echondas like this.
  9. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

This might sound dramatic, but the camera, zoom and blockage of view (i.e. when tree branches are above you) are just about the most persistently annoying things in the game. I'd say it's one of my biggest gripes because it constantly gets under my skin, and having to reset my zoom is really REALLY annoying. I like the suggestions to set to max camera zoom, and ALSO the level of transparent. It's rough when you're in a forest area, on some kind of incline, and you are trying to get the advantage of height compared to your enemies and the tree branches are in the way when you're facing the target...

10. Echondas

@zyxe Agreed on the pet peeve - my other biggest one is the level of detail (LOD) on objects popping constantly as you walk closer or farther away from them - it’s very distracting

zyxe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.