The difference between lvl 1 and 145, and why its not a super huge deal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arkah EMPstrike, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I put this here cuz it wasnt relate dto the OP of another thread.

I have a video showing my character goign through the same scenes with all skills at lvl 80ish, first attempt is at lvl 1, secodn attempt is at lvl 140. They did away with hit and miss chance, now stats and skilsl are used to determine if you dodge an attack or not, and you never "miss" anymore. youa re only "Dodge"ed base don your dex and skill.

This was mentioned in a video where chris talked about moving dodge, parry, and block away from percentages.

2. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Can you break down the "why's" please? I don't have 20 minutes to watch and then do analysis.

Olthadir likes this.
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Adv lvl does affect chance to be hit, hit chance or dmg. Only health and focus

4. 3devious

3devious Avatar

and all of Caska's preconceived notions go *poof*
    Pardon me while I pick up peices of my brain off the floor... ew.

5. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I'm not sure I get the point of this.

Is it even possible to get a character at lvl 1 with Str at 135 and high dex and int?
    If all of the skills are at lvl 80 how would adventure lvl of 1 be possible or likely?

Maybe it only proves that leveling skills to 80 and str - dex - int to the highest levels is the way to go and not worry about the adventure level?

Maybe a lesson on getting str - dex - int up is needed.

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

^this. Your stats/gear/skills is where your characters power comes from, adv level just provides health/focus boost.

The idea behind this experiment was that there are still alot of people still looking to adv level for hit chance.

I dont use pets so i cant say for sure but i believe they said your adv level also affects your pet or summons health. That was a while back and i havent checked that

7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

For tamed pets , no. Adventure level does not affect your tamed pets hp or strength. Only the taming skill tree does.

Summons - I have no idea.

Great comparison videos!!

8. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Thanks.

I'm adv lvl 67 and have been around 50 ish for a long time.
    I always had difficulty in 3 - 5 skull areas and could not survive long solo.
    Lately I am able to go into and not die much in 5 skull areas.
    This has surprised me since my level is so low.

So what changed:
    I have found that by changing my weapons (dual instead of single) increases my stats and my higher level equipment has allowed me to go into higher skull areas.
    I have tracked my stats in Excel for about 6 months and it is surprising to me that they are not that much different now than they were 6 months ago.
    There has been some improvement in str - dex- int but not enough to allow for a jump to 5 skull areas.

I wonder if 'experience' of the user, armor, weapons and performing pre-adventure prep (food, buffs, devotionals) isn't the reason.

It does not seem that my level change and stats change in my 'nude' avatar has made much of a change but changing the armor, weapons and buffs has made a lot of difference.

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Pre adventure prep, gear, and skill choices do make a difference. On the same day I went from struggling in a Tier 3 zone to clearing a Tier 5 zone with the occasional death, just by changing gear, making a good deck, and getting buffs . Yes, AL helps for health, but Potions and heals do too :p

Nelzie, CatherineRose and Lesni like this.
  10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I switched only the food i was eating recently and it increased my health and damage and carrying capacity enough to make a noticable difference.

The strongest people in the game are pushing/exceeding 200 strength/int using spells gear and food as well as incredibly high attunment that gives thier stat buffs even more stats from them, while simulateouslu boosting the hell out of spell damage.

Really high sun attunment increases searing ray dmg and elysian illumination heals, but it also increases the int gain from enlightenment, which further boosts searing ray dmg and elysian heals

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Strength buff being in the same tree as the earth spells that benifit from it does the same thing to a lesser degree. Same for dex and air.

Stats + attunment are king

Lesni and discipleofweb like this.
  12. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

there is a flaw in your test - you start of adv lvl 4, but with a GM (or more) .. you cant be lvl 4 with a GM without editing the offline file. All this really proves is level is more or less just a number

Leostemplar likes this.
  13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Thats what i was aiming to prove. There’s people still under the impression that number affects your hit chance or power

liz_the_wiz, Lesni and 3devious like this.
  14. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

My number is bigger than yours! Just kidding, great video. I have always tried to optimize my character through stats and buffs. This is why I tell people a +18 weapon isn't always better than a +11 weapon. It all depends on the stats and your build.

Nelzie and Lesni like this.
  15. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

I knew this was true.... but it did not sink in until this video.

So the only effect of Adventure Level +4 or +5 buffs are HP's & Focus?

16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Pretty much, could have other effects, but they are very negligible!

17. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Is critical hit chance still un-affected? IE red/orange conn mobs still seem to have a much higher critical hit chance against me than say the yellow/green.

eli and xadoor like this.
  18. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Correct, its about your stats / skills vs those of the mobs + item bonuses.
    The con of the mob is just based on your level to give people a gauge of how hard a mob is compared to them, because all adv level is is a measure of the total
    experience points you have earned in the game, it take no account if youve for example died 1 million times and lost your xp, its purely a guide to help people have an idea of overall power of character.

As Chris pointed out in a telethon its possible to have a level 100 character for example who has 0 skills, if it had everything locked and had just gained xp ie by being powerleveled or xp accumulated over time.

19. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

The difference between a level 1 and 145, or even level 100 and lvl 145 is a huge deal.
    Now if skills were capped at 80 it would be a lesser advantage. I do get what you are getting at, but it is just plain wrong saying that level is not a big deal, with levels comes millions of experience points to invest in making
    your character more powerful.

cobran and Leostemplar like this.
  20. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

But that's patently wrong. Adventurer level does nothing to impact your power level by itself. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.