Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ruins of Ravensmoor Changes, I hate them all.

Discussion in 'Release 54 QA Feedback Forum' started by Jarikith, May 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I actually like the changes, but Im a big fan of harder content/more group content. AFAIK all of Hidden Vale is getting harder....

Chrystoph Reis likes this.
  2. Jarikith

Jarikith Avatar

You stay out of this Forest Apples!

I'm fine with more high level end game content, but not at the expense of losing what is essentially an intro level boss with adequate loot, a decent respawn time, and a perfect arena for fighting him within being taken away from folks who need that kind of boss to have a boss that they can tackle. I'm included in those folks. I'm Adv Level 96 and cannot run around soloing all the bosses, because @Chris hates pure archers in light armor and thinks they should all die horrible horrible deaths. And not get special enchantments on their bows.. or be able to poison their arrows.. or light them on fire.. or have any other damage over time ability because surely if they want that they'll succumb to peer pressure and dabble in the magic arts! Well I will not good sir! I shall not tamper with forces best left alone! Hmmm.. I feel like I've drifted off topic.. back to the point! So the Ravensmoor Smack-A-Lich is a place where I can go and have a fun challenging time, a place where while death is a possibility it's by no means any sort of certainty. Now that will be gone for me. The Ravensmoor Lich is also where we MGTers first learned how to tackle a boss and come together and bond as a team. That will also be gone for other guilds as this Historic Landmark gets bulldozed under for nothing more than it being the cheap and expedient way to push out some 'new' end game content.

3. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

looking at it from that perspective I can see your point... maybe add a hard mode option to it like in Lost Vale....

Obsidian Tempest likes this.
  4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I tried it the other night. I encountered an 8500HP or so giant mushroom that fit nicely in the newly scaled rooms. I died. I did a different route and encountered elite skeleton mages and archers and died again. So much for a low magic sword swinger with very few tricks in the bag. I've yet to kill the Undead Lord of the Apostrophes since persistence. I'll try the existing in live for the few nights left.

Jarikith and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i can barely do it, doing the full potions buff beforehand. barely.

(the old one, i mean)

Almar and Obsidian Tempest like this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I get the philosophy of making hidden vale a higher level area. I think we have far too many starter scenes and as was mentioned, by time you finish the outskirts quests anything under T3 is pretty much trivial. But it would make more sense to instead move this low lvl dungeon somewhere else and leave it as is, for lower lvl people to do, rather than obliterating it and replacing it with just-another-playground-for-the-elite-boss-farmers to farm on an egg timer and sell us the loot they get at a premium. There's already far too much of that.

Nikko, Chatele, discipleofweb and 2 others like this.
  7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I agree

8. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

There are so many places for lower levels to go, I welcome the higher level content!

9. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I addressed the poorly scaled objects and the spike traps. Those will be in patch 1. Also took a pass at some questionable art in that scene and others that was exaggerated by the scale change.

This dungeon is one of the oldest in the game which means that it was the most dated in both visual and play quality. This pass should make it better but it is still not going to be up to the bar new scenes have set.

Next step for this map and also for the new Ruined Keep experience is to get some unique items in there. Hoping to do that before the final patch this release.

10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

When I found out it was changing, I came down to Ravensmoor for the sole purpose of killing the liche, getting a thone, and possibly picking up the weapons he drops. I managed to get a couple scythes, but no skull swords. Guess I have a couple days to try again.

11. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I believe you should still be able to do the throne bone quest. I think I managed to preserve that. Just going to be a LOT harder now.

12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Which is why I did it early.

13. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Browncoat Jayson Is there a quest involving the dragonbone throne in the chest? Speaking of which - what about those jars in some of the coffins with body parts - is there a quest for those that I missed?

14. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

If you get a moment, some better loot on that Lich would be nice, since it's super hard now?

15. Alley Oop

the room with the lich has four exits

Traveller13 and Echondas like this.
  16. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I magicked myself up as best I could and went in. Liche 3, me 6. I got a couple of ancient vile scythes and a couple of skull swords. Now back to the friendly confines of the Mysterious Swamp to get my adventurer pool back over 100 million.... wait. Your spoiler may just send me back tonight.

Alley Oop likes this.
  17. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Isn't there an equivalent lich in the Kingsport Sewers?

18. Alley Oop

he has a name, but nowhere near as tough and has no unique drops

19. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

In Owls Head you have a quest about killing Ravensmoor Lich, never found any other one.

20. Jarikith

Jarikith Avatar

If by 'a lot harder' you mean, 'Impossible for you Legendary Bowlord' then mission accomplished @Chris! :(:cool::p

Sirius Sternwarte and Almar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.