Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] NPC Mobs in the Rise Healing after hits with out using spells

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Xee, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

6/1/2018 7:19 AM
    Title: NPC Mobs in the Rise Healing after hits with out using spells
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?yes
    Details: NPC Mobs in the Rise Healing after hits with out using spells. I will hit an archer / tank and in between my casts they are gaining health at a high rate with out using spells (like combat health regen)
    Steps to Reproduce:Attack mobs in the Rise and watch health bar. Takes alot more to kill them now.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16269
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.Win.64.785.Date.05.31.18
    Area: The Rise
    Area Display Name: The Rise
    Loc: (-7.8, 35.0, 17.7)
    Debug: VGhlIFJpc2V8fCgtNy43NTksIDM1LjAwNiwgMTcuNjY0KXwoMCwgLTAuMDA3LCAwLCAxKXwtMC41NzEyMTM4fDE5LjQwNjk2fDQuNzY4ODQ2

Shade Cido likes this.
  2. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

Also happening to the Rogue/Swashbuckler mobs in Twin Hills. Sometimes the health jumps up 100hp in one tick. If this is per design, where can we get an in combat regen like this please?, its insane....

3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

In chatting with guild members they confirm the mobs got boosted however the combat health regen rate is too much. here is the issue. As a Pure mage I have limited focus pool to attack with and no physical attacks so mages burn out of focus way to fast now. Tanks and melee / archers don't have this issue as they have weapon auto attack to make up inbetween when the mobs are healing. This makes it very difficult now for all casters to keep up forcing us to have to spec into other decks to keep up. Please let us know if the health regen is a bug or the new norm. thanks.

4. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I've also been getting hit with spells from the mages in the Rise after they are long dead...not sure if that's somehow related? Maybe spells are just delayed in their effects?

5. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

someone already bugged this and Lexie replied something about that that is a way to increase the durability of the mobs in higher tier areas for groups (again no link on my mobile :( )

6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

@Lexie can you confirm. If so can you mention to the devs that this puts mages at a disadvantage over other physical classes. Mind you if they ever fix the 2h enchants then mages could use the bludgeon dmg of the staff to help ;) just saying.

7. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

see here:

8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Hmm that is a named mob/boss type. Wonder if it still retains to regular mobs. if so then guess I need to build into blades / heavy gear again...

9. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yes, I feel like what I said is being taken out of context. That was specific to Goruk. He specifically is meant to regen quickly as a special case, so he is not a good control NPC to test this with. That's a 10+ tier scene. At level 113 he is red to me. I was looking for other examples.

There could very well be a bug here. I've said it before: unless it is in the patch notes, don't assume it is a design change :) If we changed NPC's health regen we'd want people to know about it. We're not a fan of stealth nerfs. We're pretty honest about that stuff.

With that said, I'm not seeing this bug yet. It could be latency related and perhaps the way the health information is updated. I think there is something going on here.
    If anyone has video I'd gladly review. It is the best way for us to see what you are describing.

I tried the mobs in the Rise in the mage room already. I'm not seeing the unexplained health regen just yet.
    Leaving coords here for my own record keeping:

Area: The Rise (The Rise) Loc: (-0.2, 60.0, 179.6) DBG: VGhlIFJpc2V8fCgtMC4xNjEsIDYwLCAxNzkuNTU3KXwoMCwgLTAuMTgzLCAwLCAwLjk4Myl8MzYyLjg2M3wyMC44Mjk4M3w3LjI5NTAxMg==

Rentier likes this.
  10. Lexie

Rentier likes this.
  11. Lexie

We do have a bug open for this: 59198. But it should be a one time shot. If a single NPC keeps firing, I will want to note that behavior.

I wonder if it is related as well. This could be an interruption issue - rather, the lack or interruption - which is the case with the bug above.
    I'm reviewing the mob regen bug reports but so far I'm not seeing it in the way it is being described, which seems to be severe.

Ryodin Stormwind and Rentier like this.
  12. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

Sounds like the same thing I've been seeing - just a one time shot that seems to hit me a second or two after the mob dies. Almost like they started casting the spell before death, and death didn't cancel the spell.

I've noticed the Rise mages heal a ton more than they used to - seems they cast Drain Life and some other massive heal a lot. Each mages seems to have 3-4 heal spells that they can basically heal themselves for between 200-400hp each cast before they stop healing completely. This could be by design for all I know. I'm still able to clear the room as a swordsman, but I have to be careful to pull them and stuff now.

13. Lexie

There was a time when they were doing that, then the NPC heals were pushed back a bit. It is possible that change fell through, which would be a bug. It does feel like that may be case based on some testing here. Keep in mind, I could be wrong.
    Bug #: 59698 created to check NPC heals and their cooldown rate.

Ryodin Stormwind likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.