Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lulz: 25 granite for the new crafted row. Why bother using granite at all? That's 3 benches.

Discussion in 'Release 54 Feedback Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I see we are going in the opposite direction of making building material quantities realistic and instead having them be throwaway prices.

The cost for the recipe right now is half what the house will cost you to build.

It's almost as expensive to build a single Piano. Build a piano and a half and you've spent more than building a 3 story row.

Ah well. Fantastic release, but this made me SMH.

Seriously, granite is cheap, put some realistic amounts in the recipes, it isn't going to prevent people from making houses.

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I've always found a lot of the recipes to be pretty out of whack. Some of them have improved - remember when it took more ingots to make a basic ring than it took to make a 2handed battleaxe? Good times.
    The housing recipes seem really disproportionate to me, in general. Just from a physics point of view. Making a cabinet or dresser or table that uses anywhere from 10-30 timber (convert to boards) and then needing only 150 for a house, well...:X I suppose this is meant to be representative rather than realistic, otherwise the crafted houses would just be completely uneconomical to do.

As you say, 1.5 pianos = a house? And all raw timber and glass? Realistically, I'd expect a good amount of metal bindings, masonry support, foundations, etc. And if you look at the resulting house it appears to be made out of ....stone....

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Price wise 1.5 pianos = the new glass front row house. No, the piano doesn't have glass, and the row doesn't have coils of wire, but if you were to just trade the two you'd be better off with 2 pianos than the 1 new house.

I guess I should just get used to the idea that building a home will never be a big deal.

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm probably going to get fruit thrown at me for this, but
    Feels like making a house is just too easy.
    I mean its a house.

I would expect a lot more material refinement. Maybe keep the same amount of resources, but I'd expect to have to craft the timber into poles, boards, bindings. I'd expect metal supports. I'd expect granite blocks of various sizes. A more complex recipe requiring more intermittent steps, instead of "pile of timber and glass = house." This might make housebuilding feel a bit more...significant.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes please. Look at all the things that go into making armor, or cooking.

Making a house right now is the definition of meh.

kaeshiva likes this.
  6. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

I agree. Granite is so absurdly available I don't see why they shouldn't make it take 500 or 1,000 or even 10,000 granite to make a row lot.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think it's absurd that anyone would argue for something to take more resources.

8. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Honestly, creating housing should be a skill for master crafters. Unless it's something like a wooden shack.

9. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I feel like who ever is in charge of putting the ingredient requirements together for ALL recipe is just pulling numbers out of thin air most of the time. ALL recipes need to be gone over. It's a travesty to be honest.

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  10. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

what about the time spent for crafting a house... 1 click and 2 sec ... it should take a lot of time!!

11. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Yeah, you should have to click it and wait at least a few days.

12. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

and time depending on your skill lvl

or maybe have team help build it, group crafting

and build it directly on a lot.. not on a table..

13. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Yeah, one week solo and down to 2 days with a full party.

ArcheAge had kind of a neat system where you laid the foundation then had to haul partial components to it from a workstation to build it in pieces. Interactive crafting is something planned for a later episode afaik.

14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Some pianos in real world cost the same or even more than an actual house, so they're not too far off.

15. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Istaria has an very good and thought out house building systhem (ok it is basically about crafting with monsters tacked in the back)

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Eternal Lands called and they want their graphics back. :p

17. algumacoisaqq

algumacoisaqq Avatar

Wish there was a way to express more support to this than just posting about it. A house costs around 20-40 COTOS in the dev store, right? It should cost at least 5-10 COTOs worth of resources to craft one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.