Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Healing Blast/Ray cast on target nothing happens. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Yipp, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

Last night in the Rise, Mage, Lich, & Dragon rooms, I cast both Healing Blast & Ray all night on my 5 man group. Sometimes, I would cast the heal, nothing would happen, I would cast spell again, it would cast. This was not a one time occurrence, it happened all night long.

I tried to check the combat logs, but because I was cast heals over and over could not determine what was going on.

I 100% know this was NOT a line of sight issue as it occurred when I was right on top of my intended target as well.

Now since R54, there seems to be a strange lag in the game, while this could be related to that issue, the heals never go off, they are not delayed, the heals just do not heal the target.

Anyone else having this problem?

Beli, Lockey2 and FrostII like this.
  2. Beli

Beli Avatar

I have been seeing this also. Not sure whats going on. Would like to hear from some others group healers if this is happening to them also . @margaritte

FrostII and Lockey2 like this.
  3. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

I too have had this problem several times when there was no line of sight issues and cast Healing Ray and Blast and the person I had targetted was not healed. Beyond Frustrating. Especially upsetting when peeps die because of this.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    FrostII and Beli like this.
  4. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Our guild has experienced the same issue. When we reviewed our chat logs of both myself (the healer) and the target, it does show the power words and that it cast but no target. The targets chat logs show nothing at all happens. It's like the healer isn't doing anything. We compared the chat logs with time stamps it appears to others that the healer isn't doing anything for a extended period of time but the healers log shows the spells being cast but no target or the spell hits nothing. We have had countless experiences resulting in death of the target because even though the healer has them targeted they never receive the heals. We have been unable to reproduce this "bug" at will and we can go days or times or locations without this happening and then have a whole evening where no matter where we go it happens. It is not line of sight, and it happens with both healing ray and healing blast for me. Not sure if this helps you or not but this is what our group has experienced.

FrostII, moko, Beli and 1 other person like this.
  5. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

I never had this happen until R54

Beli likes this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I will check with @Flair , but I'm pretty sure this was happening in R53 as well...
    We don't want to send the dev's looking for just R54 changes for this bug.

7. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I've been hiding in my basement crafting, sorry! Is anybody flagged? Are pets/elementals stealing the heals, maybe? I healed a little with @Lexie at Upper Tears and did not notice anything crazy yesterday, but I did notice some weirdness the very first patch of the new release, that I assumed was scene-master shenanigans where I would not see people where they said they were and I could not target them. Reloading the scene fixed that for me, though, and I haven't done any party healing cause double crafting XP. Will try to get out tomorrow and see if I notice anything funky.

FrostII and Beli like this.
  8. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I've seen it for the past several releases... R52 - R54 at least. It sometimes seems the healer is totally inactive for 20-30 seconds, yet I know she is not because she sits right next to me and is casting furiously trying to keep me alive.

FrostII likes this.
  9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Something andar said last night, with healing mastery, you can cast too fast and the cooldown is not really over and it does nothing. Maybe give this a shot and see if you just wait a tiny bit before another cast? I dont know if this is the issue or not, but worth looking into.

FrostII, Beli and margaritte like this.
  10. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

The heals do not happen meaning that I cast the heal, the player is not healed (health still low after heal)

Understand, heard Andar say that on the stream last night too. I honestly do not know if this is it or not, I use a 100% locked heal deck (for information). "IF" this is the case, then it is a bug, as a spell should not be visibly available to be cast in a locked deck and then result in a "no event". I will try to identify if this is the reason.

Do you know if your healer is using a locked deck?

FrostII likes this.
  11. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

It is mixed - but most are locked for the heat stacking.

FrostII likes this.
  12. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Submitted for review! Thanks! #59725

margaritte, Yipp, Tazar and 2 others like this.
  13. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Investigating...

margaritte and Yipp like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.