Find the 12 books of Virtue Quest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silentyem, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentyem

silentyem Avatar

Is anyone else having a problem turning the books in? I have all the books, they are not copies. When I talk to each of the 3 people to turn in the books the trade window pops up and I place the correct books into the trade window but it will not let me click on the Give items button. I have tried 1 book at a time and ive tried giving all 4, I've tried relogging, I've tried changing multiplayer mode. Nothing is working. I've put in a bug report. I would like to hand in this quest during double XP.

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

if you read at the top it want 4 certian once, must match the list. I dont know if that is your issue.

3. silentyem

silentyem Avatar

Nah I've tried that, still wont let me click give items button.

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

6. silentyem

silentyem Avatar

I followed that guide that's how I know I have the correct books. The only difference is that in the video when he hands them in the books are in white lettering, mine are in yellow and red lettering.

7. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

red lettering is a sign for a problem with handshake with server so putting the items in htere and they show red - the server did not recognized you putting them there...
    a client restart may help to clear that

Mac2 likes this.
  8. silentyem

silentyem Avatar

The books that are red were red before I put them In the trade window. They have been red from the time I picked them up over a week ago. I think only 4 or 5 are red the rest are yellow.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Red items are marked as quest items, and yellow are marked as no-trade (but not quest). Ideally, these would all be quest items, but that's not the issue (and yes, several of these are not).

There are a total of five quests, but only four get tasks and journal entries. You should have "Find the 12 Books of Virtue" from the teacher, then "Find the 4 Books of Courage", "Find the 4 Books of Love" and "Find the 4 Books of Truth" from the students. Make sure you have those before trying to turn in the books. I think the keyword for all of the students is "books", and then once you have the three pieces the keyword for the teacher is "statue".

Also in your inventory, make sure the books are not locked. Even though they appear in the trade window, you can't trade them if they are locked.

The quest for Gina (Student of Chaos) does not get a task or journal entry, but you can turn in the books to her. Again, the keyword is "books".

Once upon a time, you HAD to do the Student of Chaos first, or you couldn't get both statues. I don't think that is the case any longer, but... if you want to be safe. (She used to tell you off for helping the other students.)

Beaumaris and Daigoji Gai like this.
  10. silentyem

silentyem Avatar

I have those 4 quest in my journal and the books are not locked. It's been a couple days now and I still haven't gotten a response about the bug. I guess I'll just move onto another game.

Stundorn likes this.
  11. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Community did try to help. Again, I would quadruple check you have the right books (not copies) and are giving them to the right individuals. To make things easier, type the book names as they are listed to filter the trade window with an NPC, and drag each one into the right panel one at a time. After you have given all four, the quest should update and the "books" option will no longer be available for that NPC.

Cordelayne likes this.
  12. silentyem

silentyem Avatar

I have tried that multiple times.

13. Hajias

Hajias Avatar

I did the Virtue books and then rounded up the books again to chaos part, and Gina won't talk to me.

Rentier likes this.
  14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Afaik it was fixed.
    To do it twice and get both Symbols isnt possible anymore.

15. Hajias

Hajias Avatar

OK, well that sucks. Wish I knew that before.

16. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

I've an interesting problem with the books. I've picked up 9 at the correct locations. Three are NOT original and show up as red font items. The other six show up as quest items in yellow font.

17. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

This is also a problem in the offline mode as well.

18. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

If this forum is used to by P. to try and debug problems, the (now 4) books I experienced that are not listed as quest items are, A boiled Seed Cannot Sprout in Braemar, The Monkey and the Dolphin in Kingsport, Kindness in Giving Creates Love in Ardoris, and Don't Give Up Your Goodness in Soltown.

I laugh as my journal says this is a very easy task for me. I can't get to the last book in the Spectral Mines - tier 5 area just to get to the mine let alone the mine itself.
    Without being told where they are I don't think I'd ever found them.

Chatele likes this.
  19. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I just did this about 3 weeks ago, got both statues, had no issues. I will hopefully be doing this again in about a week or 2, I will let you know what happens.

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If you have too high Virtue, you can’t get the Chaos statue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.