This made me extremely happy, botters down.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I agree you , me and many others we didnt see it in practice so far because macroing for crafting was allowed. I remember Vladamir trying to get new players jobs in making pulp and other stuff , not sure what happened with that .. i hope he continued and that hell be getting lot more job orders for new players with this measure. So why not create a new market for these type of jobs instead of making it ''easier'' . Choices are simple spend hours on end to make your stuff ...or pay someone some coins to do it for you , while you got to work or sleep or... This game needs more interactions between players not MAKE US MORE SELF SUFFICIENT. Just my 2 cents.

2. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

I agree with having more interaction between players. But the system doesn't seem to be built that way. And still the refining process would be tedious for someone. There has to be a good solution to this, but I'm not sure it's possible with an open crafting system with not caps, where you can learn all the skills.

3. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I have faith in Port abilities they will adress this...in theyr own time . You cant bring changes to how crafting works would disrupt the economy too much . Imagine tomorrow they add a new epic enchant for plate ...what happens with all the plates already crafted and enchanted ingame ? They go to the trash can ,they will be obsolete . Imagine doing that every month would kill the economy. So they have to tread very carefully ... I know in last telethon they mentioned some new enchants and more changes to crafting ... I hope they take theyre time and do it all at once...if we get a full reset for crafting it needs to be done properly and only ONCE .

4. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

Aren't people macroing thousands of refining tasks helping the economy? One of the main mechanics to deflate a video game economy is to cause players to consume a resource they get from vendors. So gold goes out of the player economy.

If someone macros 1,000 spools of cotton thread they have to do 500 crafting cycles and each cycle cost Wax x 2 and Raw Cotton x 4 to make Spool of Cotton Thread x 2. So 1,000 spools of cotton thread cost 1,000 wax which must be bought from crafting npc for 4 gold each. You have pulled 4,000gold out of the economy by allowing this person to automate crafting spools of cotton while they eat dinner or watch a movie. Where is the downside?

Witcheypoo and Zurthock like this.
  5. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

Can I make two suggestions?
    1. Rain should water crops. {I don't know how many times I have been standing in the pouring rain watering my crops. Apparently rain doesn't water the crops, but if I wave a watering can in the general direction of the crop it works fine.}
    2. The Water active skill should consume one water bucket per usage {not per plant}. As it is putting points in the skill is very low return. The bigger circle is nice, but just learn it to one and move on because millions of experience to hit 4 or 5 more crops per casting is not a good trade. Now if I used less water I would think it was great.

Nikko, Anvar, Cliquet and 4 others like this.
  6. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Good question..lets see . Do we want a game where players play the game or do we want a game where the game plays itself while we go watch a movie.... ?

Onyx, Alioth, Steevodeevo and 4 others like this.
  7. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

I agree Elrond. But that’s the whole point. When I m refining mats, I’m not playing the game. I m just clicking on craft and waiting till my batch crafting finishes after about 5 minutes, then clicking on craft again. In the meantime, i m playing hearthstone, or watching tv. I d rather be playing the game and doing fun stuff in sota.

8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Get an alt account, make the alt a refiner, play the game on your main while the alt does all the refining. This allows you to not have to sink exp on your main into refining skills so you main production skills can be higher, as well, you get to play the game and once every few minutes get another batch going. If we allow botting for anything that is tedious, where does the line end up being drawn? Killing monkeys for months was tedious as well, gathering mats is tedious, even shopping can be tedious.

I would prefer to have a game where the players online are actually players online, not bots.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

How can you bot wood pulp since you can only make 20 at a time. I happen to make a lot of wood pulp for my sheet musics. I have not gotten any of my resources illegally but saved up from the many years of playing this game. So there are days I will sit and do 20 at a time wood pulps for quite a while. I have quite a few wood scraps saved up to do this with. So how can you ban for doing this? You mean I am not to do this for very long? I don't quite get it. I am right here checking the craft button after each 20 I make and sometimes I'm chatting with someone or reading the forums in between my 20 wood pulps. Can you please explain this better because it doesn't sound good to me and if I am not understanding I would really like to?

Chatele likes this.
  10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Read the very bottom of his post, it says "Also, if you want to start a batch of crafting stuff while you go to get a drink or use the bathroom, GREAT, this warning isn't aimed at you, so don't panic. "

Witcheypoo and Synergy Blaize like this.
  11. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

See this right here is the problem. There is no reason to be doing thousands of raw materials other than trying to make money. It's not realistic to be doing this in the first place. So you make yourself bot. It's not the game mechanics that are the problem, it's the fact people are doing this as a source of income so are trying to gain an advantage.

If you're just PLAYING the game as a game... this never becomes an issue. And yes I'm a GM crafter and I have never said... hmmm... let me convert thousands of raw materials to make the game more fun! :rolleyes:

Steevodeevo likes this.
  12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

People were using mouse recording programs or stuff like that to simulate what you are doing, so double click the recipe, type in 20, click craft, wait, rinse and repeat. You said it yourself, you were doing it, each input of this process on your own. The ones that could get banned are those who don't do those steps, and let the program do 100% of the process.

13. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

To GM Tailoring I need 1,212,424 xp
    Crafting a spool of cotton give 25 xp

So I need to transform 48,497 spool of cottons to fill my crafting pool with enough XP to GM my skill.
    Even with batch of 20, that still need 2,425 batch of 20... even after this arthritic clicking process, i'll need much more XP for Masterwork etc..

Plus

Processing a spool take what? 8 sec? so a batch of 20 should take around 160sec * 2,425 = 388,000 sec (108 hours)
    So.. you asking me to stay in front of the computer for 108 hours clicking 2,425 times to have my Tailoring GM?

sound boring, isnt ?

14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

A mouse recording program is a macro, not allowed.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  15. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I have to kill 28,880 monkeys to get my next level, and have to click WAY more the a few times every 3 minutes, does this sound any more exciting? Don't like it, dont do it, pretty dam simple as that yes.

Onyx, Steevodeevo and Elrond like this.
  16. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

Let's do some math. My father is a GM Swords and GM Blacksmith who wear heavy armour. Say he wants to make a new suit of platemail. He wants to go tank so he is gonna put together meteoric iron and to make the numbers easier let's go with basic plate and avoid the epic and augmented and all that.

• Plate Chest:
      • 10 meteoric iron sheets
        • 3 meteoric iron ingots per sheet {30 meteoric iron ingots}
          • 2 iron ingots per meteoric iron ingot {60 iron ingot}
    • Plate Legs:
      • 6 meteoric iron sheets
        • 3 meteoric iron ingots per sheet {18 meteoric iron ingots}
          • 2 iron ingots per meteoric iron ingot {36 iron ingot}
    • Plate Boots:
      • 2 meteoric iron sheets
        • 3 meteoric iron ingots per sheet {6 meteoric iron ingots}
          • 2 iron ingots per meteoric iron ingot {12 iron ingot}
    • Plate Helm:
      • 4 meteoric iron sheets
        • 3 meteoric iron ingots per sheet {12 meteoric iron ingots}
          • 2 iron ingots per meteoric iron ingot {24 iron ingot}
    • Plate Gauntlets:
      • 2 meteoric iron sheets
        • 3 meteoric iron ingots per sheet {6 meteoric iron ingots}
          • 2 iron ingots per meteoric iron ingot {12 iron ingot}

So just for the sheets to make one suit of basic meteoric iron platemail you need 144 iron ingots. With 95% success chance to craft odds say you craft 152 times to make 144 iron ingots. That's not thousands, right? But wait! I want exceptional armour! So GM maybe 25% chance of exceptional? So odds say 1 in 4. So 152 crafting cycles of ingots times 4 is 608 ingot crafting cycles for one suit of armour. Then you start masterworking and enchanting and if you get a chain of bad rolls you may have to remake that piece all over again.

So just ONE suit of armour for some players is more than 600 crafting cycles on iron ingots for sheet metal alone. Then you have the bindings, straps, converting iron to meteoric iron, converting ingots to plates. One suit of armour can run more than a thousand crafting cycles.

K1000 and Zurthock like this.
  17. redfish

redfish Avatar

@MFWalter

Yes, people should be asking for crafting requirements to be reduced instead of asking for hundreds of things to be processed easier IMO. I'm not sure why the focus is always on the wrong issue.

mass likes this.
  18. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

More than watching a progress bar being completed over and over? f*ck yeah!

K1000 and Zurthock like this.
  19. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

@redfish

I have asked for that again and again. It was one of the main things I complained about in crafting in the BETA. I have given up on the cost of things being reduced. I personally am a carpenter and I did several post over several months about how I have to deforest entire islands to make the furniture for my living room. You know what happened? People told me I was wrong and nothing changed.

EDIT: To be clear, there were people that agreed with me, but nothing changed so I guess not enough people or not the right people.

Matt Harris and K1000 like this.
  20. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Mac, killing monkeys you are actually playing, it's tedious yes but still combat.

Watching a bar go across the screen is somewhat pointless....

Everyone has said in here that they start a batch and go do something else. Even having an Alt start a batch and then switching to your main is doing something else besides waiting for that bar to fill.

Waiting for a bar to fill is not fun, engaging, innovative, or exciting. Surly there is a better way?

2112Starman, Kaffien, K1000 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.