In R55, those who complete storylines get POT row lot deed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roycestein Kaelstrom, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caska

Caska Avatar

Your town is almost as awesome as Rifts End. If you had a governor with a cool NY accent, a glittery thong wearing Bowlord and an idiot forum troll who is really good at dying so that you can train up your healing and res skills it would be as perfect as Rifts End. Oh and the good folks in MGT actually do stuff like crafting and questing. I'm happy exploring and finding really embarassing ways to meet my demise.

2. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

You can have 5-6k in half an hour. Even with a low level char. If you really play three days for a few hours the week it is not less. There should be enough time left to use for other things as maintain you in-game household.
    There also not to few inns in game that offer a free room. There also someone who offers free rows including a house.

If you need help we can meet us in-game. Or PM me here.

Yes. Also like to see NPCs that one can rent a room from also in NPC towns. That people becomes more used to it to start from. And may stop the rushing for the own deed, and set it to a normal goal to archive.

I can imagine what happened when the first ones that receives a free row lot recognize they have to pay taxes...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Maybe but accessing an Inn spot (pardon me landlord) as l do isn't the same as 'owning your own house.
    Deco limits for Inns relate to the entire building, so even a generous landlord (hello landlord) can only let you have like 3 light sources in your single room. You can fit a handful off assets in an Inn only and probably most importantly, you can't have your own Vendor, it's one, shared per Inn.

In most MMOs I've played over the years, where people can have their own home they tend to stick around longer. And with the rents, it will 'encourage' folks to try to earn a living so boost the economy.

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I don't understand anything beyond the first sentence... Thank you? I think?
    I mean, I understand the words, and recognize them as valid English sentences... but they hold no meaning for me.

5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Lol

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I am happy that Portalarium is doing this, I think this will really encourage new players! Very Exciting! Plus, @DarkStarr mentioned during the telethon that they would be taking another look at the taxes as well, which is another bonus for more casual players, who cannot login everyday and get their "Oracle Welfare" ;)

7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Chris did mention they are going to do something with taxes. Either it goes lower or higher they didnt say. But honestly its easy enough even for a passive player to pay 500gp a day for taxes if they REALLY want their own home. And with being able to pay taxes in advance its still a good thing. This is what is called taking care of the community. So cudos for this. I know so many new players struggle to save up money to get their own place...so this is good. And it gets them out there working towards a definite goal.

8. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

Those are all problems that could be addressed. I don't think the idea should be abandoned because there are problems with the current iteration.

Deco limits relate to the entire building
    - Allow inn owners to set a limit for the tenant's room.
    - They already said they are boosting the deco limits now that performance can handle it.

You can't have your own vendor, it's one shared per Inn.
    - Lift the 200 item max limit on items on a vendor, or increase it.
    - Add new filtering options.
    - Add categories.
    - Add paging.
    - Send only the item type, title, price, seller, and date initially so that loading 1000+ items instantly is easy. Load the remaining details asynchronously upon request by the browsing player. (Lazy loading instead of eager loading)
    - Allow vendor owners to set limits for how many listing a user of the vendor can list.

Point is we should be discussing how we could make the Inns more discoverable and desirable, and working towards that goal. I think it's a unique feature that I've always wanted in games. Let's not forget that new players are still going to need somewhere to store stuff before they get close to finishing the main story line. So the player-run inn's aren't going to fall out of demand. Polishing those up could really help players stick around and get through the main story line.

9. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Sorry shortened that to just refer.. Yep agree, why not do both, your suggestion is a fair amount of coding (even now deco permissions doesn't work that well), it's a good option for casual players who don't want the obligation to find 3.5k per week. But it doesn't make Ports offer of a taxable row lot deed for completing chapter one a bad idea. Its still a fab idea as the knock-on into the economy could be really good.

10. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

It need not be the same for all LOT owners. May some are stewards or helping maintain the town by other means. That should be rewarded by the town owner. Also some LOT places are more near to the market as other places. May there is a "i want i want i want" citizen in town and also this should be "rewarded".
    Even in-game LOTs are not all equal.

However, the town owner is free to set all taxes to the same amount. It is on the town owner to uses "tax politics". There should be a default that is used on all LOTs if a LOT is not set up manually to help maintain this.

----

I am not a town owner. And have to pay taxes. I do not like that my taxes are "mounted on /dev/null".
    We have shared cf-vendors, expert workbenches, some things for sightseeing, 30 inn-rooms for free and lastly a fresh pvp-arena was set up. All this have to come from somewhere. So, when a part of the taxes i have to pay is given to the town owner; it allows me to give something back.

The guild town is not so much developed but i am sure the town owner will do anything that every citizen feel home.

Giving tax partly to the town owner will help without need to charge citizen twice. (I never have seen that a town owner is doing this).

11. Caska

Caska Avatar

You said "Bring it." I was saying that your town is really nice and you have lots of amenities and room for folks. I was pointing out that if folks want to be in Rifts End, we have places for them to be. I was just hilighting the added value of our governor. How many places are protected by a guy who is part elf, part ninja and part cat but ALL Legendary Bowlord?
    I didn't have to bring it. There it is!

12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

[​IMG]

Caska and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

If the tax for row lot were to be 400 IGG per day, a player could get 500 from the oracle, put 400 in the tax, save 100 for the rough time in the week/days that they can't be online for awhile or buying some decorations. That might help people quite a bit in a long term.

Any little things that help players stick around will pay off in the long term. One person who typically stay in-game for 5 mins a day may end up staying 30 min - 1 hr if he/she bumps into another 5-min-logged-in players and chat, then go do something fun. You never know.

Gorthyn, Arcanoxer, Caska and 3 others like this.
  14. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I actually only play on the weekends if that. I have a full time business to run, home to take care of, a traveling husband who I manage all of his travel for, seven grown kids and nine grandkids, not to mention my mom and siblings I see regularly. But in the mornings, as I'm sipping my first cup of tea, I pop in to see that Oracle for a few seconds both for the 500gp and 500xp (1000xp right now) and the 10,000xp just for logging in. It only takes a few minutes but it's worth it for those things. And some days, if my day allows, I stay for a few minutes to talk to a friend, download some rewards or maybe restock a vendor if I have the stuff and time. I understand your point however I think while a stretch, the current taxes are totally doable. And I do think based on what Chris said Monday, we're going to see a reduction to help that casual player not have to use all their Oracle gold on taxes.

Alioth, Kara Brae, Raven Cido and 4 others like this.
  15. Caska

Caska Avatar

Yup taxes on both sides of the rift bum me out.

16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Those only come in bundles.
    Bound to your account.
    It is not limited to "one per inn". First of all, they are on Village lots, with a two-NPC limit, and they can be placed on larger lots as well. But it seems to usually end up as one for the owner, one for the tenants.

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Not disagreeing.. That may well be the norm... Personally, I have 6 Inns on Village lots, and 2 Commission Free Vendors on each porch which I make available to my Tenants that have no vendor of their own.

Alioth likes this.
  18. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

It's kind of weird though that me as a founder can't actually upgrade to a bundle with a tax free deed. Though, imo they do more harm than good to the game.

19. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I understand your argument, but I personally don't consider myself screwed by the availability of Oracle gold.

I have an Ancestor tax tree row lot deed, and I really appreciate it being tax-free. I purchased another row lot deed which is taxed and I make sure I log into the game almost every day to get my 500 g from the Oracle, even if I haven't got time or am not in the mood to play. It is very inconvenient sometimes. Since the market value of COTOs has gone up, they can no longer be relied upon to lessen the effort required to pay rent. I won a village lot deed in one of the earlier lotteries and ended up giving it away because I couldn't afford the tax on it.

However, my main reason for being in favor of more lot deeds for everyone and the Oracle's daily gift of gold is because I think that the SotA housing system is the best part of the game and if it is only realistically available to kickstarter backers the game will fail. That would be much worse for the kickstarter backers. I have always been in favor of some kind of property ownership for anyone who wants it, and this new reward is a step in the right direction in my opinion. I feel it helps to secure the investment made by the kickstarter backers.

20. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Sorry, but 3500 per week Is hard for me at lvl 89

(as long i do not plan on doing nothing but pay for an house)

I need to buy/make arrows, repair replace armor/weapons, food for stats, teleport scrolls, and that does not include anything needed for crafting (mainly fuels but they cost)

There are plenty of moneysinks just to play (adventure)

That i solo dragons and sell ten artifacts per week is given my profession in game very unlikely (I try to mend that by switching from bow and light armor to heavy and polearm) but not everyone in Sota can solo dragons in any form shape or color or desires too, i still hold to the belief that Dragons should be tough and a good group of 8 no gurantee to kill one)

I think there is a problem here that part of the population is backers who are already past the high end level, or had a long time to ammass unique items/tax free lots/GM every craft and enchantment and some of them now wrinkle there nose at the unwashed masses.

Having an modest house should be doable after half an year playing hard, one year casual, and sustaining it not a thing for hardcore players only. (And leave enough time to enjoy it too.)

The 500 gp oracle money is for many the only substantial income, sinking that into taxes means they do not have much less to do something else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.