Dawn armor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pounce, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Is not for swordman... the shoulders would prevent overswings ....

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Talking about the obsidian armor?

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  3. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

I was thinking back to the early portion of the book, and thinking about how the armor was described as impractical (with spikes etc.) At least in that perspective it's true to the novel but unfortunately doesn't have the spikes and such I would have liked to see. Was more visual/intimidating than functional, by all descriptions.

I would love to get a hold of the Ebon Dawn armor, rather than my Obsidian Order armor. I like the warn, realistic feel. Pristine armor just looks like it's never used.

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  4. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Given armor was literally what was between you and not so swift painfull death people who used armor where rather picky regarding armor and its maintance.

Me personal I think i did too much research on that topic to feel comfortable with spikes (they tend to lead swords ONTO the armor instead allowing an strike to deflect....)

Same reasons vikings never used the "classic" horned helmet... recipe for an massive headache

Tools for intimtation was filling your boots with blood, or foregoing armor complete (people who where nuts enough to enter battle with an bare ass where obvious very confident about the near future so....side effect, an major source of battle injury was heat stroke, the practise came out of fashion with archers shooting volleys)

Bu tin general you tried to keep your armor spotless, shiny and very well maintained, and very much free of spikes.

Paultrons showed your sword style, the reward armor for example would not allow over head work so more for somoene using shield and stabbing with the sword, so more short sword.

Everyithing from long sword to star or hammer would have paultrons allowing over head, and that is what knights and armored folks prefered, if you go after heavy armored enemies you go fro crushing damage, swords where to light and penetrating them with an stab more an chance of luck thing.

Swords was more an duel thing.

Warfare was clubs, stars and swift kicks to the groin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.