Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

FPS degrading over long play sessions, PC resources use remain unchanged

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Armeleon Vesaz, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

6/3/2018 1:18 AM
    Title: FPS degrading over long play sessions, PC resources use remain unchanged
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    I have noticed a major performance problem when the client is running for several hours. What's wierd about it to me is the fact that my fps goes steadily down, but none of my PC resources are used above 60% and none of the temperatures in my PC have risen above totally normal levels.

When I start the client it'll run buttery smooth for the first 1-2 hours. Typically FPS is steadily above 70 (outside of cities) and the game feels perfectly responsive.

Usually around the 2-3 hours mark I'll start noticing the FPS occasionally dipping to 50s and start noticing a minor change in camera responsiveness etc.

When I run the client for 5+ hours I start seeing terrible performance as in 20-30 FPS in combat and below 60 even when nothing is happening on the screen.

If you want example profiles I did a couple of long play sessions on June 1st and June 2nd, where this became extremely obvious.

The problem does not seem to be tied to any specific zone, as it happens when I stay in the same zone for hours or if I switch between zones a lot like when doing the sieges.
    Steps to Reproduce: Keep the client running for 3+ hours.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8) System RAM: 32698
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.788.Date.06.01.18
    Area: LostVale
    Area Display Name: Lost Vale
    Loc: (-922.8, 5.0, 1089.7)
    Debug: TG9zdFZhbGV8fCgtOTIyLjgxLCA1LjAzNCwgMTA4OS42OTEpfCgwLCAtMC4yMTEsIDAsIDAuOTc3KXwtMTQ1OC4xNDN8MzguODY2MjJ8MTUuMTQ1NzE=

2. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    I'm noticing much the same, even in relatively small POTs. Blue Rose Isle is where i live and it gets down to like 14fps on this machine which is just silly.
    The lag / fps drop is not related to hardware I'm thinking. Things were pretty decent especially while using the FOV slider at about 75%.

Now I'm running between 10 - 25 fps on a nvidia 1070ti. Uoon release 54 and patch 1 following, I was achieving 20 - 65 fps.

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor (32) System RAM: 32040
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 8192 Using Nvidia 390.59 drivers.
    SotA.Linux.64.791.Date.06.06.18
    Area: POT_tropicalisland_metropolis_01_template/Blue Rose Isle
    Area Display Name: Blue Rose Isle
    Loc: (-1.3, 72.2, -118.7)
    Debug: UE9UX3Ryb3BpY2FsaXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8Qmx1ZSBSb3NlIElzbGV8KC0xLjMzNywgNzIuMTYsIC0xMTguNzI2KXwoMCwgLTAuNjg3LCAwLCAwLjcyNyl8MjczLjUwNDd8MjguNTQ2MzR8NC4zNjk5OTk=

3. Scavenger

Scavenger Avatar

I'm also having new video card issues Nvidia 1070 - about once a day the card is crashing to black screen after a long play session - I have to hard reboot to recover. This started with this release.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Off chance, has anyone checked what your GPU usage was for this release, if you are having problems.

5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

GPU: 95% all the time on my rig.

Jaesun likes this.
  6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Can everyone confirm they have updated their video drivers and report back please?
    And for those that haven't - we need your /bug info please, as always :)
    I have a couple Windows 10 and Nvidia machines but so far I have been unable to repro - even after leaving the client on for a few hours.

7. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

I have the same problem with my Linux System, also reported the bug month ago.

8. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

@Lexie Yea drivers are up to date the issue has persisted for atleast 3-4 driver updates and a couple of releases before this one.

9. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

yes drivers up to date.

10. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Arcanoxer and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.