Xp attenuated for healers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Falcon2, Jun 12, 2018.

?

Has this happend to any other pure healers?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon2

Falcon2 Avatar

I was doing the upper tears with a party and we noticed only the healers where getting xp attenuated. I don't know exactly how this feature works, but I was thinking if it was based off of how much damage you do so that people don't have characters getting xp for free. If so then that leaves healers like myself getting less xp but still participating in fighting.
    Maybe if there is a damage check to determine the xp attenuation there should also be a heal/buff check as well to keep it fair to everyone.

2. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Were they actively training skills while grinding?

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Does not matter if your training skills or not, I dont know what happened, but maybe you were in range of every kill and they were not? Exp range is not very high.

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Since when XP gain is dependent on damage dealed?
    I always thought gained XP is equally shared to all group members. Can some clarify this.

And yes as a pure healer i also got attenuated as nearly as fast as all other members. And that is what is expected.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i thought at some point i saw that the split is partially based on adv level, to keep you from firehosing newbies dozens of levels a minute. i don't know the actual formula, though, and it may not apply if everyone is within a certain range.

(and i could just be misremembering)

6. Falcon2

Falcon2 Avatar

I was thinking not by a percentage dmg/xp but you just have to do dmg to not get the debuff to xp.

7. Falcon2

Falcon2 Avatar

Maybe, but it only takes affect after about 20 mins of getting xp. I'm assuming its a grace period before it gives you less xp.

8. Rok Yrikk

Rok Yrikk Developer Emeritus

This was in the player guide at one point, but was never a mechanic that was implemented.

Everyone who is in the zone, a member of the killing party, and within range of the kill (40 meters) will get the same amount of XP as everyone else. You do not get more xp depending on how much damage you do/don't do.

What likely happened was:
    1. The healer had gained more XP in the past hour before joining the group - Attenuation is calculated by hour, so if you have gained over 1 million xp in the last hour, you will see the attenuation icon. It is most likely that the healer had some xp in the past hour before joining up.
    2. The healer was in range of the mobs being killed while others aren't. This might happen if someone is AFK at the entrance over 40 meters away from where the mob died.

Ben_Hroth, Xandra7, Jaesun and 6 others like this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that was a response to catweazlex saying it's equally split, not anything to do with attenuation.

10. Falcon2

Falcon2 Avatar

Ahh, thank you so much for clarifying. I guess i thought about it too much XD.

11. Falcon2

Falcon2 Avatar

Thank you for explaining it. I looked on the forums for the meaning of this but i couldnt find anything on this topic. Thanks for the help<3

Rok Yrikk likes this.
  12. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yes, I have tested this over and over and over when I sell exp, we all get the same amount.

13. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

This. You can sit in a corner and do nothing. As long as you're within range of the mob that dies and in the party that dealt the most dmg, you get equal exp to everyone else.

Mac2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.