Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Very ugly Milling bug..........

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by FrostII, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

6/14/2018 12:31 AM
    Title: Very ugly Milling bug
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Depends
    Details: Milling wood scraps into Pulp suddenly stops for no reason.
    Here's some background on my knowledge of this subject:
    My Milling is GM and I've been crafting Pulp from Wood Scraps for over 4yrs, and this is the first time I've seen this happen.
    I can tell the client to craft 20 pulp, and it will begin to do so. For whatever reason, the crafting simply stops.
    I went to another Founder's table and the exact same thing happened, so it's not the table for sure.

I captured it doing this in the movie clip below:

Steps to Reproduce: Batch craft some pulp from scraps.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8) System RAM: 12286
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4043
    SotA.Win.64.791.Date.06.06.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01a_template/Falling Waters Fortress
    Area Display Name: Falling Waters Fortress
    Loc: (85.6, 39.1, 175.4)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxGYWxsaW5nIFdhdGVycyBGb3J0cmVzc3woODUuNTU5LCAzOS4xMTksIDE3NS40NDcpfCgwLCAtMC43MDcsIDAsIDAuNzA3KXwyNzB8MTB8MTg=

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I'm a little confused. You state this is the first time this has happened, yet the repro rate noted was 100%. We have a lot of people crafting wood pulp right now, and this is the first I've heard of this so I'm genuinely curious on the severity.
    I cannot repro. I see you are using a prosperity tool so it's not breaking. But, it is not uncommon for a weird rare bug to hit and will continue until you restart the client.
    If you can get this to happen again after a client restart please let us know. And if there is anything else you may think be related to it. Thank you.
    @FrostII

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Lexie
    In my OP I said it was 100% because (as I said) I went to a different Expert Milling Station and it repeated.
    Today (see date/time below) it happened again - and I clip'd the short video of it below.
    Please note that when it exits it does so without just "stopping" (which is what happens if you esc out of batch crafting - try it)
    It takes 2 esc keys to completely exit out of the crafting UI, so this bug is bypassing even that.
    ********UPDATE******** SEE REPRO RATE BELOW

6/14/2018 2:35 PM
    Title: Very ugly Milling bug
    Reproduction Rate: Since they all happened on the 2nd attempt (which makes no sense but it IS what happened) the best I can say is sometimes... how's that.
    ********UPDATE******** I just did 4 complete batches of 20 pulp and it happened on the 5th batch. So, that removes the "2nd batch" theory. :(
    Blocker?
    Details: Batch milling stops and exits the milling UI for no apparent reason.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8) System RAM: 12286
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4043
    SotA.Win.64.791.Date.06.06.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01a_template/Falling Waters Fortress
    Area Display Name: Falling Waters Fortress
    Loc: (85.6, 39.1, 175.4)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxGYWxsaW5nIFdhdGVycyBGb3J0cmVzc3woODUuNTU5LCAzOS4xMTksIDE3NS40NDcpfCgwLCAtMC43MDcsIDAsIDAuNzA3KXwyNzB8MTB8MTg=

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.