Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Chaos Shield losing efficiency as it levels

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Violet Ronso, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

6/13/2018 9:39 PM
    Title: Chaos Shield losing efficiency as it levels
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:As you raise your Chaos Shield spell, The possible Outcome "Focus Transfer Rate" lowers, meaning I regain less HP per focus spent if my Chaos Shields level is higher
    Steps to Reproduce:Train "Chaos Shield" spell
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz (8) System RAM: 12199
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M GPU RAM: 3040
    SotA.Win.64.791.Date.06.06.18
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Chateau du Lys
    Area Display Name: Chateau du Lys
    Loc: (196.6, 97.8, -3.1)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfENoYXRlYXUgZHUgTHlzfCgxOTYuNTkzLCA5Ny43OTQsIC0zLjA1Nil8KDAsIDAuMDMxLCAwLCAxKXw3MjMuNTQxM3wzMC4wMDIwN3wyLjU5MDgwNw==

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

A lower focus transfer rate is better than a higher one. It means you are using less focus. It's meant to be a positive not a negative. You shouldn't be gaining less HP as a result. Is that what you are seeing?
    @Marcus Deadshot

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

What I am seeing when I use Chaos Shield is (Currently +1.7, previously was +1.8) Focus transfer rate. The in game effect of this was that when I used up focus, I was healing for X*1.8, now X*1.7, X being the focus used on the spell. I`m talking about the effects from one of the 13 possible outcomes from Chaos Shield, not the Focus Cost of the glyph.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Right, you are talking about one of the random effects you can get from this shield: Focus Transfer Rate. Not the cost of the glyph. We're on the same page there.
    Focus transfer ratio is not considered to be 'good' so you want it lower, not higher. You want to spend less for the desired effect. The problem is probably because this is green, and it shouldn't be. It should be in red text, and we do have a bug open for that.
    Same with Torpid Torment, and Chaotic Feedback - And Shield of Air - lower this number is, the better :)

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

IGNORE THIS ! I just realized something was weird on my end, but now I just realized that the effect acts as Shield of air, so you were right, its better to be lower! SORRY Lexie!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.