Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] agriculture not working

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by apokolip, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Adrian (Kung Fu Master) Avatar

I don't think it's the Z axis related issue, because my planter beds are on the ground at level and still have the bug. I agreed with you it could be the sync issue. I don't have any error report under /debug

2. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Z might be high even if the planters are on the ground. Z is absolute with respect to a POT map. If you have planters on the ground but the ground is a hill, then Z could be much higher than the 'base'. I think the base Z is around 35. Check /loctrack.

Lexie likes this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

This is odd, I can also now reproduce the problem but with the reverse scenario. As long as I spawn in the scene from the login screen the planting beds on the roof can't be sowed, watered or harvested (the ground ones work fine), exiting to the menu and then resuming doesn't fix it I assume as the scene is still active but switching to a new scene and then back resolves it.

4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

6/17/2018 9:58 AM
    Title:Watering plants
    Reproduction Rate: intermittent
    Blocker? Kinda
    Details: watereing
    Steps to Reproduce: use the bulk wtering skill
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16337
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit) GPU RAM: 1495
    SotA.Win.64.791.Date.06.06.18
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01_template/Dawn's Keep
    Area Display Name: Dawn's Keep
    Loc: (107.2, 41.7, -47.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERhd24ncyBLZWVwfCgxMDcuMTc0LCA0MS42OTEsIC00Ny41NjUpfCgwLCAtMC4zMzYsIDAsIDAuOTQyKXwzMjAuNjg1Mnw1NC42MzYyNHwzLjE1MzY2MQ==
    • In the Dawn's Keep Public agriculture area, set to Kindred (works fine normally), currently I can't use the Water Plants mass watering skill. Coords: 110.0, 41.7, -56.9
    • In my house garden a few metres away down a hillside, mass watering skill works Coords: 73.3, 36.0, -130.4
    - I was in Dawn's Keep when I logged in and watering failed in the communal gardens, but not in my home gardens.
    - I did not leave the POT but did a relog and watering worked.

Same happens for me planting seeds. A relog often fixes it. I can manually water one at a time but can't use the mass watering skill.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  5. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Yeah had it happen a second time later in the day and standing on edges and watering wouldnt work for me there, oddly it worked everytime on my village plot but not in rowhouse greenhouse.
    As usual switching mode fixed it.

6. Lained

Lained Avatar

I'm not sure if this is relevant as I've only seen this twice but it suggests that the agriculture hit box and the decoration hit box & skin are separate entities and if that's the case could it be that the decoration hit box & skin are loading but the agriculture hit box isn't hence there's nothing to target?

Planting Bed Bug

Planting Pot Bug

Edit: Weird embed videos seem to be broken at the moment so click the links.

Lexie likes this.
  7. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

What greenhouse is that? Can you give me the actual item name? I don't recognize it by looking at it and the tool tip simply says 'greenhouse'. I thought I knew what all the greenhouses were...

I'd like to plop down that same one in my testing.

Edit: I deleted my prior posts. My repro results were skewed by me myself and I. While GM was off, it was still set to one of my prior planters. Doh.
    I can't repro yet. I'm sorry. I think the walls may have something to do with it. Odd things are going on with ornate planters, as well.
    We're getting somewhere folks....

Edit edit: Everyone who can never seem to farm, check your plant bed/planter permissions and lot permissions. It seems that you will get this exact same behavior if you don't have permissions. You will go through the animations but it will say 'you hit nothing!'

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Rentier likes this.
  8. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I'll have a look Lexie, but I'll copy in the Guv'nor, @Rufus D`Asperdi here as its his greenhouse and he knows a lot more about permissions than me.

p.s using teh greenhouse has been fine till recently. The GH sits in the centre of a wider planting area and has a mix of indoor and outdoor beds.... BRB with the GH info.

9. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Here we go @Lexie ,

I tried to get the greenhouse to reveal its secrets, but I can't get a name for it. Hopefully this image will help? I zoomed out to show you the entire set up. When I get the problem with watering & planting it happens everywhere, inside and outside the greenhouse. Last time this happened I tried watering and planting down teh slope by the river at my house garden beds and it worked fine.

I tried to get rid of the interface clutter, but unfortunately F9 isn't working for me right now, I may need a relog to clear that up.
    [​IMG]

10. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Oh, I was at that location and tried to get it myself. Tool tip just says greenhouse. It's okay. I suspect it is a red herring. I *was* able to plant at this location as I ended up adding myself to the lot temporarily. It ends up narrowing things down quite a bit :)

Because it worked for me (your picture helped, thank you) and I've tried with high latency...I'm thinking something may be going on in the interface settings that could trigger this. It also seems it is the same people who get this off and on while others (seemingly the majority) can farm repeatedly without any issues.

@Steevodeevo
    Would you be okay with getting me a screenshot of what your Controls and Interface set up is like? Interface section may not be relevant, but I'd like to see if you have 'auto stack items' checked.

I suspect one thing is triggering it, then it continues to happen (not letting you water or harvest anywhere) until the scene is refreshed.
    And once again for those who get 'you hit nothing!' 100% of the time (seems very rare) please remember to check your lot and the item permissions in case it got switched up somewhere along the way.

Please continue to post the repro steps as you guys face these please - everything leading up to the bug first triggering.
    I'm so sorry, folks.

11. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

here you go -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I can reproduce this 100% in this exact situation, every time. First, I water my plants in my row greenhouse. Then, I go to my village lot and water my plants there. Everything is fine until up to this point. Then, I run over to the other side of Diamond Fields to @Lace 's two lots and I can manually plant, but cannot use batch skills. As soon as I log out and back in, it's fine. Please let me know what else I can do to help you narrow it down. I have permissions to all the lots in question, as I can manually plant just fine.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  13. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

I'm in the same boat with Robyn Hood. I can tell which spots/lines would require a game refresh 100%. I'm going to try hitting it from another angle. Going to take off the Aggressive Deco loading and other stuffs one at a time.

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Lexie, it's the Greenhouse from the Flexible Placement Stretch Goal.

15. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

First time I'm seeing this bug, and high possibility it's the same bug. Sync issue?

Lained likes this.
  16. Lained

Lained Avatar

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4) System RAM: 8052
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 GPU RAM: 2141
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs
    Area Display Name: Brittany Wharfs
    Loc: (281.7, 58.6, 616.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9XaGFyZnN8fCgyODEuNjUzLCA1OC42MDcsIDYxNi4xMSl8KDAsIDAuOTk1LCAwLCAtMC4xMDIpfC0xMi41NzIxNXw1OC4yMDQ3MnwxOA==

17. Lained

Lained Avatar

Ok this is odd, I just moved my eternal plants inside and decided to use reuse the barrels elsewhere so attempted to harvest them, two harvested and one didn't. :S

[​IMG]

Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs
    Area Display Name: Brittany Wharfs
    Loc: (272.1, 38.6, 613.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9XaGFyZnN8fCgyNzIuMDk4LCAzOC41NTMsIDYxMy4wMDgpfCgwLCAwLjk4OCwgMCwgLTAuMTUxKXw1NTcuMzgzN3w1OS44NTV8MTg=

18. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

I also had the invisible bed thing that @Lained showed. I could water the plants but the bed skin was transparent.

Lained likes this.
  19. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

This is same for me most of the time, it works in the one lot, then move elsewhere in same town and thats when it fails. Sometimes fails straight off but your right, this seems way to reporduce it @Lexie

20. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Finally, I have 5 error message today using /debug command. Not sure what it is but here is the first error message.

OpPerf, OpCode=1989908140, elapsedTimeMs=249, Room:69081581-976d-4b2c-a480-83c5fc7171fa, GC:23070/23070

Time
    ====
    22:07:17.688

StackTrace
    ==========

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.