Adventure Zones Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by blacksheepboy, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacksheepboy

blacksheepboy Avatar

Hi Avatars,

Based off of my Uncloned Zones thread, I have compiled an editable spreadsheet of Adventure Zones in the game, that will allow you to sort by region, tier, whether or not there are higher level mobs, etc. The goal is to make this an easy resource for people to find level-appropriate places to adventure.

Access it here: SotA Adventure Zones

For now, I have kept it as anyone can edit, hoping other players will add their knowledge to the spreadsheet. I have only put the uncloned zones I am aware of as of now (based off of the Release Notes), and hope to have added in (myself or from the community) currently cloned zones as well.

Hope y'all find it useful!

Lesni, StarLord, Aeryk and 8 others like this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Very helpful. Thank you

3. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

OMG i havbe been waiting for somethiong like this For Ages!!!!! any chance you could include a sub category such as : where to find certain scrappables? :)

4. blacksheepboy

blacksheepboy Avatar

That may be more of a SotA-wiki type endeavor--I am sort of aiming for this to be a spoiler-free resource for players to adventure, without going into the nitty gritty of you will find X Y and Z in a particular zone. However, if people want to use the spreadsheet as a template to do that I am all for it.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Fantastic list! Thanks for this.

6. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Does this really provide more information than http://sotawiki.net/sota/Scene_Difficulty ? I was hoping it would provide the tier information for the tier 5+ zones (I.e., any zone listed as "tier 5" is really 5 or greater...). It would be nice to know, for example, that Spectral Mines (tier 5) is less than Crag foothills (tier 5) is less than the rise (tier 5) etc.

8. blacksheepboy

blacksheepboy Avatar

The spreadsheet is open for anyone to edit, so feel free to add whatever information you'd like, such as what you requested. This is based off of my own adventures.

It looks like the SotA Wiki page has not been updated since 2016... but I was not aware of it.

There is a column for higher tier mobs, and I suspect as Portalarium starts rolling out more high level content the tier system will be a little more on the money for 5+.

Jaesun and Aeryk like this.
  9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Anyone can edit the pages on sotawiki too. ;) And of course, the format of the wiki can be edited as well to add additional information as it becomes available. (I.e., I see it has recently been updated to cover up to tier 10)

10. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

Would be amazing to have a resource where it is as easy to find information and subsequently to edit as a spreadsheet is. There is a reason Google Docs has taken off the way it has. All an individual needs is a link and depending on sheet permissions they can either make a copy and/or begin editing immediately. I spent 15 minutes acting as an uniformed player to find the page @Mishikal references. Only to find a table of spreadsheet-like data. ^_^

Does anyone know the person who owns the Wiki? Are they still active (last post from the individual was also 2016)? If they are not active can we hand things off to someone that is?

In the meantime let's not discourage people that are contributing in other ways. Any of us that know and understand Wiki editing can use the sheet to update the Wiki page(s) and dedicate ourselves to maintaining changing data such as this. Wikis are fantastic when well organized and maintained, but unfortunately far too few of them are.

11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The Sotawiki site is constantly updated, and the admin is quite active. The very first pinned thread in the "Player Resources" section on the forums is literally for Sotawiki. I see little that requires a spreadsheet, and in fact the wiki has extensively more information available not only about the tiers but the actual zones themselves, such as mobs and resources present, XP per mob, etc etc.

12. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

I apologize for my confusion, though Violation is listed as the managing director here http://sotawiki.net/sota/SotAWiki:About. Spot checking edit histories just now i see Browncoat Jason has been the bulk of the editing since even prior to 2016. Still, i did not know who to reach out to and it didn't look like the discussion feature was getting used so i have not been using it either.

It is fantastic you guys are coordinating. If the forum works for you, more power to you. Perhaps we could add a link in the wiki for the edit prompt that points to the pinned post? I did not know where to look, the page discussions are rarely used on this wiki, and the wiki has outdated information about who to contact.

So back to this issue. We could copy/paste the information from that table over and again, but we could also use a database or spreadsheet as the one source of truth for these types of things. Which is more efficient and likely to be correct? @Mishikal Really, i'm happy the wiki is useful for you, but i've been frustrated enough trying to get up to date information that i dread going to it. This spreadsheet is useful to me and others, how does it harm you if we use it?

Edit: minor grammar

Mishikal likes this.
  13. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Aeryk I'm not opposed to anyone using anything. Resources are good. ;) And the sotawiki update thread here on the forums is the best way to draw attention to anything on sotawiki that needs updating. Such as I did with the devotionals the other day. Mainly, I was curious what, if any, information this spreadsheet provides that isn't already in sotawiki (nothing really that I can see), but different people absorb information in different ways. So perhaps if as you said, a cross link was set up between both, it would help people find the information that worked best for them.

Jaesun and Aeryk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.