New Players - Introducing the Novia Market Grandmastery Bundles!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ben_Hroth, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Introducing The NoMa Grandmastery Bundles

With the announcement that every Avatar may earn their own lot deed with the Shroud of the Avatar Quest, Novia Market ("NoMa") is establishing a new monthly tradition - the NoMa Grandmastery Bundles!

Every month we are offering four professional-grade bundles based on an Avatar's roles in Novia:
    1. Adventurer's Bundle - some of the highest grade gear available in the land, ready to take a novice adventurer to the journeyman level!

2. Crafter's Bundle - some of the highest grade tools and crafting stations for the budding crafter, and a voucher for expert GM mentoring!

3. Merchant's Bundle - everything you need to start your own store including a voucher for a full month of half-price commissions!

4. Consumer's Bundle - a Novian year's worth of consumables including reagents, arrows, potions, scrolls, poisons, and high-grade food for any role! It also includes... butchering and cooking lessons!
    These bundles will be raffled off two weeks before the end of the next release (July 12 for R55). Tickets are on sale now and priced especially for beginners at 500gp each bundle. No matter how many tickets a character purchases, they will only get a single chance at winning that bundle - so purchase only one ticket per bundle!

We are hosting the ticket vendors and a display table of what each bundle entails at Market Hall, at the south end of NoMa (if you check in with the town crier, it is the only City lot in town and under Governor Robyn Hood's title). As you wander past all of our merchants, please do some window shopping and take a look at what all of our residents have to offer! The team putting together the inaugural Bundles are the same team who do our Weekend Promos, so please patronize our promos as well! [1], [2]

(Screenshots below to help you find your way).

Cheers,

Ben

[1] https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ta-stone-to-aid-international-players.127516/

[2] https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ovia-market-this-weekend.120594/#post-1008462

Screenshots

[A] Location of the Market Hall in Novia Market:

[​IMG]

The four vendors, one per bundle, inside Market Hall:

[​IMG]

[C] For the Merchant Bundle, our display next door (a row house with deco!) comprises most of the bundle:

[​IMG]

[D] A view inside the Merchant home bundle:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  2. Dereck Visaard

Dereck Visaard Avatar

Very cool Ben. Do you have any fliers to advertise? I'm happy to put them up in my starter town near Blood River. This is a great service/deal for new players!

Rentier, Ben_Hroth, Elgarion and 3 others like this.
  3. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Dereck,

Either @Ben_Hroth or I can get some together....if anyone else is interested in flyers, let us know!

Ben_Hroth, Elgarion, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Very impressive! I bet this will help new players quite a bit :) I’ll be sure to suggest this to any new folk as I encounter them.

Jaesun and Ben_Hroth like this.
  5. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Indeed, as Robyn Hood mentioned - we'll get to work on these!

6. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

But...what if we want to spend more on a particular bundle?

I've seen a few do sheet-donations.

(Helping people start out is a nifty thing to do.)

Ben_Hroth likes this.
  7. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

To keep it fair, we are limiting it to one ticket per Avatar, otherwise, those with more gold at hand would have an advantage. If there is enough interest, we can do bundles that are geared towards higher end players as well. This is our initial roll-out, so we will see how it goes :)

Jaesun and Ben_Hroth like this.
  8. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

And if you just want to donate to the team, go ahead and buy more tickets... You won't disqualify yourself, you'll just spend more for the same chance!

J a i b y r d likes this.
  9. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

This looks awesome! Nice work!

Ben_Hroth likes this.
  10. Trof

Trof Avatar

If you really want to help new players make up these same bundles with volunteers donating the time, mats, crafting etc. and give them away at the starting areas. That is help, not profiting from some noob... just my 2 cents.

matsutaki likes this.
  11. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

So, we did that during launch. This is not about making profit (if you think 500 gp is going to make anyone a profit, given the quality of the items, you are mistaken - it won't even cover the cost of materials). This is about offering something everyone can participate in. 500 gp is a low entry fee, considering you can get that from the Oracle every day.

J a i b y r d and matsutaki like this.
  12. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Looking good

Especially that house bundle :)

Ben_Hroth likes this.
  13. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Hi @Trof ,

Governess Robyn Hood already has spent ample time crafting and giving away basic gear in the new player towns like @Nick 's Soryn Fields.

This is a different style of event. We likely weren't clear enough in the OP, so thanks for giving us a chance to clarify.

Here's an example of this month's Adventurer Bundle.

If your 500gp ticket wins, you get your choice of one of these two outfits (click on the image to zoom in):

BRONZE AND METEORIC IRON PLATE AND SWORD SET
    [​IMG]

CARAPACIAN CLOTH AND WAND SET
    [​IMG]

These are pro-grade outfits that give an substantial boost for a new player.

It would be challenging to craft these pieces to give them away to each new player.

Furthermore, I can tell you that it's likely that total ticket sales will in no way be close to the cost to craft these pieces of gear.

We're not going to profit from new players, but instead hold a fun event.

Please come by to The Market Hall and check it out, then let us know here what you think!

Cheers,

Ben

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  14. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

July 12 is Coming

If one of these bundles tickles your fancy, we are getting to the final week of the First NoMa Grandmastery Bundles.

Purchase your ticket today!

discipleofweb and Spoon like this.
  15. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

For inquiring minds, I will draw winners at 8pm EST July 12th. A new post will go up on Friday with the new bundles at 8pm EST.

Ben_Hroth likes this.
  16. Floors

Floors Avatar

I use one of your items myself.

Ben_Hroth and ldykllr like this.
  17. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

And the winners are:

Adventurer Bundle: Grizzly Addams
    Crafter Bundle: Lily Byrd
    Merchant Bundle: Therdan Redwauld
    Consumables Bundle: Astrid Winter

Congratulations! I will be sending notifications out to the winners shortly. Remember - you have one 1 week to contact me about your prize or I'll have to draw another winner! New bundles and tickets will go up Friday, July 13th @ 8pm EST!

18. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams Avatar

WOW.
    Very happy to have won the Adventurer Bundle, never thought for a minute I would have.
    Such a great idea you can be sure I will be in the next raffle the merchant bundle looks awesome too.

Thank you Ben_Hroth for such awesome prizes. and the crafting talents of Robyn Hood and Adam Crow.

This has made my day thanks again

19. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Awesome! Definitely most of the credit has to go to Governor Robyn Hood, who really dived in and helped make this first raffle such a success!

Synergy Blaize and Grizzly Adams like this.
  20. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

Thank you so muchmuch!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.