Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Oracle closing dialogue box after asking about "test" - No daily reward given

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Anpu, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

6/27/2018 7:53 AM
    Title: Oracle closing dialogue box after asking about "test" - No Daily reward given
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: While speaking to the Oracle, after selecting the test keyword, the Yes and No option came up, however after a few seconds the dialogue box closed and I did not receive my reward for the day. Additionally, I cannot speak to the Oracle again for the day, even though I did NOT receive anything. Is there a check in place for this conversation to confirm we DID receive our reward for the day, before giving us the "Please return within a week" response?
    Steps to Reproduce: Speak to Oracle, Select Test Keyword, see Yes or No dialogue, see dialogue window close. You are not able to use the Test keyword again because there is no check to confirm you HAVE received your daily reward, in order to try again.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.Win.64.791.Date.06.06.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Dragomir Mori
    Area Display Name: Dragomir Mori
    Loc: (33.2, 38.2, 160.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERyYWdvbWlyIE1vcml8KDMzLjIwNCwgMzguMTg0LCAxNjAuNTUyKXwoMCwgMC44ODgsIDAsIC0wLjQ1OSl8MjM0Ljk3NTh8MjYuNzMxNjR8MTAuNDc1NA==

When a Player clicks on the "test" keyword, there is ONLY a check to see if you have spoken to the Oracle within a week.

What is missing is this actually should check to see IF the player has received the daily reward and if NOT allow the "test" keyword to be used again, even if they have already previously spoken to the Oracle.

I cannot receive my daily reward today because it is NOT checking to see that I did not receive my daily reward, allowing me to take the test again until I do actually receive my daily reward. Instead, it is only checking that I have spoken to it today and won't allow me take the test again.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

if you look in your chat log it maybe there, it may also be (although Im not sure you can) that somehow you turned off the notification showing, i dont know if it then shows in the chat log, or the chat log only contains that which was shown in game.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I had previously visited the Oracle with my main character, and got my reward, I haven’t changed any settings. Switched to secondary, and this happened (dialogue window closing).

I’m not too concerned I didn’t get my reward today. What greatly concerns me, is this can happen to a new player. That’s very concerning.

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

i know many things are shared between characters on the same account, I havent checked to see if the reward is a shared experience

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Currently the daily Oracle reward is not shared. Each character can receive the daily Oracle reward.

But the actual issue remains. There’s no check to ensure you have received the daily reward, and if not, allow you to receive it, instead of being locked out of it for a day.

6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

But you can just say "test" to the oracle.. she will either test you and pay or, say its too soon.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

After I clicked on test, the test question came up (with the yes or no answer), then suddenly the window closed. Without giving me a reward.

I can’t talk to the Oracle again to take the test again, because they think I have already taken the daily test. But I haven’t. The window closed before I could click on yes or no.

8. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

It’s unusual for the oracle to close the window early because she doesn’t move. Did you check your chat logs?

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The window disappeared when I was given the yes or no option for the test question.

You can’t click on Yes or No to receive your reward if the window suddenly disappears.

And no, there’s no message in the log about receiving the daily reward.

10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

[6/27/2018 7:52:08 AM] The Oracle: Yes, hello, Suti. Do you seek my counsel on the path before you? Perhaps you are here regarding my protection? I can also test you on your knowledge of yourself, if you so wish.
    [6/27/2018 7:52:08 AM]
    [6/27/2018 7:52:29 AM] Suti: test
    [6/27/2018 7:52:29 AM] The Oracle: I have observed your actions while walking along the Path of Truth. Do you feel your actions demonstrate how to live according to the Virtue of Truth? Simply respond 'Yes I do', or 'No I do not'.
    [6/27/2018 7:52:29 AM]
    **** SUDDENLY THE WINDOW CLOSES NOT GIVING ME A CHANCE TO CLICK YES OR NO ****
    [6/27/2018 7:52:32 AM] Suti: Goodbye.
    [6/27/2018 7:52:32 AM] The Oracle: Farewell, Suti. Please see me again within a week.

*** No message of any rewards ***

[6/27/2018 7:57:35 AM] The Oracle: Yes, hello, Suti. Do you seek my counsel on the path before you? Perhaps you are here regarding my protection? I can also test you on your knowledge of yourself, if you so wish.
    [6/27/2018 7:57:35 AM]
    [6/27/2018 7:57:42 AM] Suti: test
    [6/27/2018 7:57:42 AM] The Oracle: It has been too soon since you last took my test. Please return again later that you may test yourself.

*** The Oracle thinks I have already taken the test today. I have not, I never clicked on Yes or No to receive my reward ***

How to fix this:

1. Player Speaks to Oracle.
    2. Player clicks on TEST keyword.
    3. CHECK TO SEE IF PLAYER HAS ALREADY BEEN GIVEN REWARD in the past 24 hours.
    If Yes - Give message it is too soon. Return Later
    If No - Go to Test Question

In this example, if the Player does NOT receive the daily reward, they CAN speak to the Oracle again to to take the test and receive the daily reward.

How it currently is:

1. Player Speaks to Oracle
    2. Player clicks on TEST keyword.
    3. Only check to see if player has clicked on the TEST keyword in past 24 hours.

In this example, if the Player does NOT receive a daily reward, they cannot speak to the Oracle again and take the test for 24 more hours.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.