Purchasing votes for episode 2.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bubonic, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Screw all of this. Voting eith money? Some guys gave portalarium 5k and can't get their reward and still get offered junk that doesn't fetch much on Shroud Marketplace even.
    Some guy says "Get a hobby." Well my new 'hobby' is warning folks in this forum about the turn this project is taking. Keep that up and the folks at Reddit and MMORPG.com will have legitimate things to cite when calling this game and this community a scam.

Boo Ladedada, Katu, Koldar and 8 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

We're you not here last time? It was a joke and doing this on top of an unfinished episode 1 feels like the same old same old. The focus is not there to finish things or it seems. I don't know this is true but yet it sounds this way. I have not heard what are the plans to finish current systems. When I do I will feel more confident to move on to episode 2 but of course not with voting.

Did anyone ever hear the old song Give the people what they want? Well not everything but finishing episode one systems is a great first step to giving people hope and trust. Then we can roll out episode 2 on the red carpet giving deluxe packages for purchase, such as castles, pots go for sale again, and dream bundles such as mount bundles, boating bundles, and much more exciting stuff. Much more exciting than to try to vote with your wallet as an enticement. It's demeaning. People will spend when it's enticing enough but not if they don't trust things will get finished that come in.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  3. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

It's a crowd funded game started on Kickstarter. It seems weird to me that 5 years in people are still upset that it's crowdfunded.

That being said, I would hope they find a way to balance the requests that many people want versus the requests that a small number of people may want but are willing to pay a lot for. There does need to be a healthy balance.

Gorthyn and Cordelayne like this.
  4. sake888

sake888 Avatar

Indeed it was a crowd funded game on Kickstarter. One that exceeded it's required financial goal. There was ZERO transparency related to the notion that episodes 2-5 would require further funding. THAT factored in greatly towards me increasing my pledge so I would qualify for all 5 episodes. But here we are, in need of more money and episode 1 isn't even done. I was such a fool.

Sir_Hemlock, Sophi, 3devious and 6 others like this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

They don't really listen to us in the Dev chat so I wouldn't worry about it, it's just like on the outside except with people that have stronger opinions, lol.

I say go back to Kickstarter. Why not ?! NOBODY IS BEING FORCED to fork over cash ! The old saying "A fool and his money are soon parted".

Hey, Atari just did it, a bunch of people bought a slick design concept and they got 3 mil.

With a new KS, we already have a functional game.... we could probably get stuff funded (like MOUNTS ???!! Come on Oblivion did this in 2006 !)

and people complain anyway. So why not !! I bet it gets another 2 mil !

Boo Ladedada and Kain Darkmoor like this.
  6. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Kickstarter is waiting for Portalarium with open jaws.

7. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Honestly, if we can't get enough people to keep the lights on with episode one why would it change by further fundraising? Need to fix the game and try to attract and keep new players in the next few months or else it's time to hang it up.

Nobody isn't playing because a mount, missing deco, or brewing isn't in the game. They aren't playing because the game isn't fun. Combat is dull and the game is a complete grind that is just painful to stick with. I can't speak for the questing because I'm not a quest guy. Make the day to day of the game fun for the masses, there is plenty of content for now.

Gorthyn, Dantuin, Stundorn and 7 others like this.
  8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Hmm, so they want you "Pay to Vote", interesting concept. Count me out on that one. Do a kickstarter for EP 2 and how are they going to make all the EP2 stuff happens when they let go a lot of devs? Hard to believe that one too. Boating bundles?, I already have my galleon and city water lot, you want to charge more to move the ship around? Not buying that bundle either. In short, maybe they should let the players submit mods to make the things they want to see and pay them in Cotos for their effort if the mod is accepted. That will save them money and get player involvement going. This pay to vote concept must be for the high rollers in game with plenty of cash to "Invest". Not this guy, I will contribute my 5 bucks a month for cotos to repair my armor and swords. R/Boris/El Pirata

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

So, you thought that 2 million dollars was going to fund 5 episodes?
    No comment.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  10. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

What have you played in this game that makes you think jousting would run well. I ask the same for people who expect town sieges and ship battles.

Brewton, 3devious, Gorthyn and 4 others like this.
  11. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

How much money is Portalarium needing to fund Episode 2?

12. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Jousting! Oh Yeah!! I could role play it but it looks even sillier with coconuts in my hands.

Lace, Xandra7, Aldo and 5 others like this.
  13. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

If the game is in such a bad state of affairs that it can't honour its commitments already without asking the same people to pay twice, it's time to knock it on the head. It's clearly not working.

This isn't how business transactions work. You don't take someone's money for a good or service, spend it all without providing said good or service, then ask them to pay the money over again to get it. Just. No.

Note to mods: Comment made without any 'disparaging comments or intentions to mock players or groups' excessive or otherwise. Moderate this and it's clear you simply have a problem with reality.

Sophi, Arianna, Xandra7 and 17 others like this.
  14. sake888

sake888 Avatar

I sure did. I bought the whole con job, hook line and sinker. I'll say it again, I was a fool.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Sophi, Xandra7, 3devious and 3 others like this.
  15. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Um, excuse me? If any mod would care to look up my account, you'll see plenty of hours logged over the past month.

I mean, seriously, where do you get off essentially making stuff up, like that? Because that's what it is: pure fiction.

Sophi, 3devious, evillego6 and 2 others like this.
  16. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Wanting good money to be thrown after bad isn't "the moral high ground".

17. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

If i am disappointed with Ep1 i wouldnt even think of spending a dime for Ep2.
    Until there is no sandbox gameplay beyond you can choose as many skills as you want and skills them endlessly this game is just not worth it.

Xandra7, Gorthyn and Dantuin like this.
  18. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

kickstarter would be a great advertising oppurtunity.

but have to hire some good game designer to polish actual game first.
    Make it more userfriendly like any Mmo concerning ui and lvling style, make a class system that people like and are use to.

add more stats like wisdom, resists, more enchanting and crafting possibility, add some rarity on loot and mats and equipment, add real dungeons with bosses( not like run in a zone and go kill boss, i mean hours to get to boss with a solid group.

develop fishing before jousting.

the world is already well designed and RG touch everywhere, now time for some deep and fun gameplay

and if new kickstarter was tomorrow yes i will pledge a litle bit because i still believe in this game

19. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

@Canterbury why are you aways arguing the game has failed and should be closed down? I love the game and so do many others we don't want it closed down? Do you work for a rival game or something?

Otherwise what is the purpose of your posting?

To all raging how future chapters should be funded -

-don't pay if you don't wish to.
    -don't play if you don't like the game, there are a great many otbers.

To those raging about plans on how future chapters will be funded in favour of larger investors (whales) -

-this isn't yet fully described, shall we wait?
    -whales, as some love to describe passionate major contributors, brought this game into being and will no doubt keep it alive or even grow it if it survives.
    -why shouldn't major contributors have a bigger say in development? Without their cash there will be no development.

The entitled should stop raging that the game isn't a cookie cutter MMO, doesn't play itself for them, requires them to think, requires them to fight hard and not be a virtual god, accept they don't 'get' major features of the game and that it probably isn't for them rather than try to cry and stamp their feet so hard the Devs convert SOTA into a copy and paste mass market brain drug.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  20. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Everything else would be un-american!
    Jokes aside, we are living in an capitalistic systhem, no money no game, simple as that

Steevodeevo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.