Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Storefront Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Wasn't there kind of an unspoken rule that if there was a version of something in the store for cash money, there was also a craftable/purchaseble for IGG version in the game? Because I really want storefront greenhouses, but not at $120 a pop.

Nomalice and Stundorn like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

If it's not here.......... give it time.

3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

maybe bob the builder will make one in future releases...

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

BUT I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWWW

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Jaesun likes this.
  6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

7. mass

mass Avatar

What's the price in COTOs? That might be the other option. (I personally always prefer a crafted option, but I bought a pristine gothic home with COTOs as there was no decent craftable option).

8. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Generally - if the store version has the word "Ornate" in the name, then a craftable version will follow in the next release or two. I'd guess we'll probably see a coto-purchasable one next release.

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It is not currently available with COTOs. Or at least, the store image has no COTO icon, it may be in the game though. I'll have to check tonight. Though, that's gonna be ~500k IGG, depending on the conversion rate.

Seems that's not the case this time.

mass likes this.
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Mostly, I'm annoyed because I've been holding off on deco for this, only to find out it's really not an option. I could probably have been comfortable with it at ~$50, but recent events have shaken my confidence in the game's future a bit too much to want to drop that kind of cash on pixels. (Which I realize is somewhat counterproductive, but that's where we are.)

Honestly, I wonder if they haven't dropped their store prices to avoid looking desperate. I feel as though most people don't settle for something cheaper; either they buy the thing they want or they don't spend the money. At the same time- with everyone who completes the story getting a row lot deed, it might make a lot of sense to drastically reduce the prices, at least on row homes.

Of course, if I go ahead and spend several hours decorating two row homes, that will probably guarantee the craftable one becomes available within a week...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Stundorn likes this.
  11. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

I agree, the 2 ornate storefronts should be available for COTOs.

I feel slighted when I buy COTOs only to have them not be usable for new things. Feels like the old switcheroo.

12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hm. Anybody want to trade an ornate storefront greenhouse for a POT village lot deed? I scored one in the raffle. (I know, not the correct forum, but I'm spitballing.)

13. mass

mass Avatar

I suppose that's a necessary evil of the business model; you want 'new' cash spent before 'old credit' is spent.

14. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Yes - this one does not have the word "Ornate" which usually indicates that there will not be a craftable version. Instead, it will probably show up in the coto-stores in-game next publish.

15. dayero

dayero Avatar

imho, this release is an extremly weird one for agriculture. this new OP house + reduction in row lot taxes + the massive influx in new taxed row lot deeds makes row lot agriculture, particularly above stores, the best agriculture business model by a large margin.
    I think it's completely bizzare that these swiss-knife housing abominations are the best option for agriculture.

16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hm. I could have sworn at one point it was called (maybe when it was originally announced) the "ornate 4-story storefront greenhouse." I wonder if it changed, or I'm just crazy?

17. mass

mass Avatar

Only if you can be online all day to make the quick watering times. If you've got that kind of time, you're better off grinding gold and buying supplies. The advantage of these homes for casual players is fairly muted until an automatic watering system appears. If we get that, then the houses will be super-duper. Until then, I'll continue to farm in my basement where I can check in to do watering every few days.

Elwyn likes this.
  18. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Crown Merchant updates are coming, my apologies that they haven't appeared yet. It is far from an automated system, there's another level of game-client data and database entries for me to get "just right". I've absorbed some other Release Week responsibilities that came before the update-crown-merchants work, but that is on the way...

Numa, Tazar, Jaesun and 8 others like this.
  19. dayero

dayero Avatar

The normal 24h cycle applies for most of the important stuff except garlic. More so now with the new brewing plants that are all in the medium category. That is doable on pretty much every day you have time to play, if you can and will stick to the schedule. Grinding gold is likely more efficiient for absolutely everyone. But agriculture in the row greenhouse is more efficient than any other agriculture.That was my point, nothing more.

mass likes this.
  20. mass

mass Avatar

Sure, it's potentially more efficient than most other options. I just can't log in every 4, 6, 8, hours depending on what we're growing to get any benefit from it. For people that play a few hours a day all at once, these houses have very little utility. For people who play as much as they want, whenever they want, this is probably the least of our imbalance worries. I do wonder, though, if we're talking about straight up efficiency, would a keep lot full of greenhouses not beat these row homes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.