Per DS's thread in the Announcements Forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FrostII, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Dear @DarkStarr

From your post in the Announcements Forum - ( that doesn't allow comments).........

Please indulge me for a constructive comment:

It may not get anything "fixed" faster, but it does give us some room to - "vent"...

Surely, you'll allow us that.........

Just sayin'............... ;)

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

They need specific information to fix bugs.

They can then concentrate on fixing the bug mentioned.

Venting doesn’t help fix bugs.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I think some of that is my fault, and a holdover legacy of a year or so ago.

I sometimes write up a bug as though I'm already defending it's existence as a bug, because in the old days the people running the bug forums would mark all sorts of bugs as "As Designed".

Things like Insta-death fire next to Charolette in the tutorial scene, which would cause you to get locked in the house as a ghost. Back and forth for a dozen posts before they would accept it as a bug.

So those days have been gone for quite a while, we don't have to battle to get bugs in anymore. But the habit remains, kind of a "offense is the best defense" mentality.

I'll try to stop doing that.

Jaesun, Elwyn and Paladin Michael like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I agree, but it helps the ventor.... and many of us have plenty of venting to do at this point in time.
    They should live with it, IMO.

5. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

If you see the same bug release after release that directly affects your play style and you get no response to your bug report, a little commentary is going to happen. Maybe @DarkStarr never paid attention to the bug and feedback forums because that commentary usually results in a response from @Chris or someone eventually.

6. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Yeah, we're not employees. If they want bug feedback from the public, sort of have to take it as they get it, keeping it to a standard would be impossible.

Helvig Ingvildsdottir likes this.
  7. Selene

Selene Avatar

Honestly, I thought the devs appreciated us taking the time to report bugs. Complaining about side comments in bug reports seems petty. It's not like bug reporting is something players are getting PAID to do. It's players trying to HELP make a better game.

8. 3devious

3devious Avatar

The commentary in my feedback is there to inform you guys of the difficulties I'm having with elements of the game and entertain those that read them since it's put in a public place.
    I apologise for making your job harder. You have the trade-off of having the community help out if the issue is one of PEBCAK....

Helvig Ingvildsdottir likes this.
  9. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

He probably should have been more specific about what he meant, possibly given an example. With the phrasing he used, I imagine a lot of people may assume he is talking about their posts when he may not be.

10. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Haha, I can just picture him posting a medley of our greatest hits.

11. oplek

oplek Avatar

Here's an example of a post that was 95% antagonizing the devs and taunting them, with extremely little useful information-to-rant-ratio. I'd say this doesn't belong on the forums, but it doesn't really belong anywhere.

12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I know I do this a lot. I will try to instead start a new thread in the Feedback forum with a quote from the bug thread, so it does not interfere with the bug hunting.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Or a thread about a nerf on the skill where 95% of the post was being mad at chris nerfing everything to the ground, and 5% of "ohh yeah btw X deals way too low damage". Pretty sure those are the ones aimed, not the ones where you add a little side-story to it .

14. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

This is probably the best approach as there are less eyes working to implement the bug logging process and need the critical information to track the bug, and that it helps us all to keep them productive with being mindful of keeping critical commentary (which I know I have also done in the past) to a feedback thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.